Euro Internet to Suff a bif hit next Week (maybe)

O

old.VooVoo

Euro Internet to Suffer a big hit next Week (maybe)

According to the paper i read today a comapany called KPN Quest which runs pretty much half the routers and workload of the Euro Internet went bankrupt last week and if they don't find a buyer there shutting there servers down most likly monday.

this will be a big hit to alot of people and according to the paper, people like Freeserve,AOL, use alot of KPN servers. i'm not sure which european ISP's use them, so just thought i'd let people know.

O

old.job

I wouldn't worry too much, the reason for bankrupcys is because there is way too much capacity. In the golden days companys sprang up everywhere, now it's turned to poop, they put in a huge fibre optic pipe from the US to Asia, going through Europe and it's less than 10 percent used!

S

SFXman

Hmm KPNQwest is an internet service provider here in Finland at least..

O

old.Vae

Bump

Simply because I notice Ping plotter is taking a big hit of packet loss at one of their London legs on it's way to France as of Monday 10th/Tuesday11th at midnight

O

old.Kelmon

Don't worry about it too much. My ADSL ISP (KPN/XS4ALL) has already rerouted it's network to no longer us KPN-Quest equipment. I would expect the other ISPs to follow. :)

S

SFXman

Hmm, no more KPNQwest nodes on my route either, strange. Kolumbus instead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom