Euro Cata on USA servers

minscsmouse

Fledgling Freddie
Hi there Anyone know if it is possible to play the euro catacombs on USA servers by changing the IP adresses in user.dat

I have SI/TOA platinum edition which i play on merlin

IF its possible anyone know what the new settings should be?

Cheers

Eve

Jardar

Fledgling Freddie
minscsmouse said:
Hi there Anyone know if it is possible to play the euro catacombs on USA servers by changing the IP adresses in user.dat

I have SI/TOA platinum edition which i play on merlin

IF its possible anyone know what the new settings should be?

Cheers

Eve

Doesnt really matter where you buy DAoC, Europe or USA, you can still play on both if you have an account registered there. All you have to do is change the IP-Address in user.dat.

minscsmouse

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh thats what i was thinking. Instead of ordering a copy ot cata from the US i was going to download one from Dlgamer. However I have no idea what the changed settings would be. Anyone have any idea what IP adresses /how to do this ?

Cheers

Eve

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
well the game might work but you can't update your account as EU contra US got diffrent cd keys serials. Have no idea if the game will run but I guess it will if you change the update.dat into the EU patch servers.

Jardar

Fledgling Freddie
minscsmouse said:
Ahh thats what i was thinking. Instead of ordering a copy ot cata from the US i was going to download one from Dlgamer. However I have no idea what the changed settings would be. Anyone have any idea what IP adresses /how to do this ?

Cheers

Eve

I play both EU and US DAoC, all i did was Order SI+ToA+Catacombs from both USA/Europe and then switch the IP's between whenever i feel like playing whatever.

Im at work now, so i dont have the IP's here, but try google it or something, im sure someone have the info.

minscsmouse

Fledgling Freddie
OK i'll have a look. When you get back any chance you can post them though in case I dont find the info on the web :touch:

Cheers

Jardar

Fledgling Freddie
minscsmouse said:
OK i'll have a look. When you get back any chance you can post them though in case I dont find the info on the web :touch:

Cheers

Sure, if you can hold your breath to 11pm CET tonight, and if i can remember :p

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
minscsmouse said:

Cheers

Eve

Do NOT do this. It think it is true you can use the one set of binaries to play both euro and US servers however you still need to buy the keys for both sets of servers ( i.e. one catacombs key for europe and one catacombs CD key for the US) . DLGamer only sells keys for Europe last i checked. If you have already got a copy of catacombs all you need is a US catacombs cd key to play it in the states. If you dont have a US catacombs CD-KEY ordering form DL-gamer will just give you another euro CD-Key which is useless for the US servers. If you do have a US CD-key all you need is a couple of small files then you should be able to point your updater at the right place and it willl download the FULL catacombs install directly form the update server.

If you have both CD-keys already and cata installed I believe you should be able to swap the ip address in your ini file depending on what version you want to play.

minscsmouse

Fledgling Freddie
thanks ballard! so all i need is a catacombs CD key and I put that key into the space I place my TOA cd key on login and it should d/l all the catacombs files for me

I will try that tonight. I can get a cata CD key from Ebay.

Many thanks

Eve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom