EU site not working Correctly?

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I hope billing isnt the same as DAoC. DAoC billing was a nightmare. One error and you could be locked out from trying again for hours.

JeevesFan

Fledgling Freddie
Well considering so far everything seems to mirror the amazing service we got back in the DaoC days I guess we should prepare for a similar billing system as well.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Well considering so far everything seems to mirror the amazing service we got back in the DaoC days I guess we should prepare for a similar billing system as well.

I agree completely.
Despite all the "lofty promises" of GOA being a new company - they still use the same bag of tricks they did in DAoC.
I've not seen one shred of evidence they aren't anything but the same slow working company we experienced in DAoC. And frankly - I simply can't phantom why Mythic allows GOA to behave like this.
Despite having bought the CE (in which I hope very little money goes to GOA) - I have no intention of playing through this lousy service if they don't pull their <inset explicit word here> together.

I feel right back in 2002 again..... I can already see the billing page crashing for days come launch again.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I feel right back in 2002 again..... I can already see the billing page crashing for days come launch again.

We should start to send emails to EA since Mythic won't do crap,this just seems to keep happening and happening all over.

e0b1ff

Fledgling Freddie
To be fair, you havn't seen anything yet, so you dont know, mythic imo have it easy as they have 2 languages to write up with NA and AUS speeking english and all. GOA have the whole of europe to keep informed, so frankly translating everything in ecess of 5 times every time would warrent a slightly slower responce time imo, the game doesn't come out for another month, they've said the accounts page will be up by OB and it may crash but lests face it.. noone's dead....... yet :flame:

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
To be fair, you havn't seen anything yet, so you dont know, mythic imo have it easy as they have 2 languages to write up with NA and AUS speeking english and all. GOA have the whole of europe to keep informed, so frankly translating everything in ecess of 5 times every time would warrent a slightly slower responce time imo, the game doesn't come out for another month, they've said the accounts page will be up by OB and it may crash but lests face it.. noone's dead....... yet :flame:

They said there will be no html page on the Q&A thread,it won't be any harder to translate flash page compared to html.

e0b1ff

Fledgling Freddie
They said there will be no html page on the Q&A thread,it won't be any harder to translate flash page compared to html.

no but the information needs to be consitent between the multiple instences of the same site. if the got a crap translater in and they accidently made a translation error and gave hint to something that never existed, the rest of the community would errupt and it would be worse for us all.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Why can't the EU site be identical to the US one? I blame Iain.

Who knows. I have yet to see one good reason and it flys in the face of everything GOA have been saying about identical service etc.

Why do we even need an EU site? Why not simply have just one website for the game so we all get the same information (we will be getting the same service at the same time, so why not?)...the internet isn't based in Ireland now is it?

Like some others have mentioned, this all seems terribly familiar :(

e0b1ff

Fledgling Freddie
when has any MMO website not been split between NA and euro? i mean even WoW (puke) have seperate web pages.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
no but the information needs to be consitent between the multiple instences of the same site. if the got a crap translater in and they accidently made a translation error and gave hint to something that never existed, the rest of the community would errupt and it would be worse for us all.

I don't see the arguments for keeping a flash based community news site / account site.

Who knows. I have yet to see one good reason and it flys in the face of everything GOA have been saying about identical service etc.

Why do we even need an EU site? Why not simply have just one website for the game so we all get the same information (we will be getting the same service at the same time, so why not?)...the internet isn't based in Ireland now is it?

Like some others have mentioned, this all seems terribly familiar :(
By a guess; because of billing, EU laws and tax reasons. And yes it does. :(

e0b1ff

Fledgling Freddie
I don't see the arguments for keeping a flash based community news site / account site.

Not taking valuable resourses away from meeting the game dead lines to develope a new website which could be more buggy than what they have in place? yes, flash isn't the best way to go, but would you rarther have a bug free accounts page later or one that just isn't up to scratch, lord knows i wouldn't appreciate being billed for 800,000 other people because of a rushed bit of coding.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Not taking valuable resourses away from meeting the game dead lines to develope a new website which could be more buggy than what they have in place? yes, flash isn't the best way to go, but would you rarther have a bug free accounts page later or one that just isn't up to scratch, lord knows i wouldn't appreciate being billed for 800,000 other people because of a rushed bit of coding.

Easy solution, use whatever Mythic is going to use. Which is probably the EA master account system which is world-wide.

If the account site for WAR EU is anything like the ones for DAoC, which were second-rate at best, then we are in for a world of account troubles.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
LordjOX;3401510 If the account site for WAR EU is anything like the ones for DAoC said:
I still remember when i hitted back accidentally while trying to subsrice,resulting whole account management freezing up for 2 days.

e0b1ff

Fledgling Freddie
Easy solution, use whatever Mythic is going to use. Which is probably the EA master account system which is world-wide.

imo that would be a great solution if all the servers for eu and na where in the same place. you've made it blatently obviouse you dont know they will be usinging it. for all you know they're in the process of doing exactly that. untill we see the accounts page i dont think anyone can comment on it.
fear is the path to the dark side. fear leads to anger. anger leads to hate. hate leads to suffering

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
imo that would be a great solution if all the servers for eu and na where in the same place. you've made it blatently obviouse you dont know they will be usinging it. for all you know they're in the process of doing exactly that. untill we see the accounts page i dont think anyone can comment on it.
fear is the path to the dark side. fear leads to anger. anger leads to hate. hate leads to suffering

Sorry, I'm rephrasing myself: Easy solution, use whatever Mythic is going to use. Which is the Mythic master account system which is world-wide, where they handle DAoC and UO subscriptions aswell and they got links to WAR and WAR images spread on almost every clickie. And the link called "Account Management" on the US community site that goes to the same place.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie

Different people do different things.
You can't for one second start to convince me that the web designer/web developers does the server set up in their new shiny 9mill € data center or communicate with EA about all the contract stuff etc.
But yes - I do not think the account system is done yet, and that has to be implemented first (that's why it isn't up ... they properly have issues with flash in their development copy :D)
But neither of the things you mention guarantees a bug free version of the account/billing system, because it is made in flash. Especially considering how bad the current implementation of flash is. Remember how long it took for some people to be able to just put up a dxdiag file? And file upload is like 101 in web development and easy to do ......
I seriously hope they make a genuine web page instead of some flash nonsense for the account system to begin with because that is critical, a version which doesn't give the problem that some people experienced in DAoC.

The realm war page I'm 100% sure they'll make in Flash as well because that's also what they did on DAoC and boy was it shitty compared to the US implementation. Private guilds own implementations of a those pages based on the XML feeds was so much better then the mess GOA put up. And I just predict it'll be the same given their fascination with flash.

Hopefully people will keep the heat on the web site issue, so it might at some point be changed to something usable such as a real working web site.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Great, lots of flash on a main site that often going to get hammered on patch days ect.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I just hope they have it up and running by the end of next week because that gives us 7 days to download a 9gig file from some shitty torrent god i hope they put it up on fileplanet to download.

Can you imagine the sheer uproar if they didn't have the site up and running for people to start inputting their open beta codes 2 days before OB is due to start?

Then you have a few million people hammering the site for when it goes up? then causing the site to burst into flames?

Fun times ahead i hope not ;/

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
This is why I'll be buying the game when it comes out on disc. No need to download 9gb+patches. Just install, patch, wait a day for servers not to die, then play ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom