EU server list question

nikolas

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone know how many EU servers we will have access to on release day? I've noticed loads in the US, and I know we wont have anywhere near the same amount, but im curious :)

Or does anyone have any other server info that may be useful?

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Well we had 25 odd english speaking servers, i'm guessing the same will go for retail..

nikolas

Fledgling Freddie
Gef said:
Well we had 25 odd english speaking servers, i'm guessing the same will go for retail..

25... Do we know if these will be dedicated English speaking servers, or does WoW have built in translation to French, German etc?

I'm just trying figure out how many PvP and Standard English speaking servers will be available :)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Not trying to be rude, but most of this information is available on the official website.

That being said; the translation is client side, but there are suggested servers for English, German and French seperately.

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Not trying to be rude, but most of this information is available on the official website.

That being said; the translation is client side, but there are suggested servers for English, German and French seperately.

I cant find where it says how many servers and how many different types of servers there are gonna be on the official euro homepage. :eek7:

This information would come in handy right now with many friends to tell what server to join.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Bone_Idle said:
I cant find where it says how many servers and how many different types of servers there are gonna be on the official euro homepage. :eek7:

This information would come in handy right now with many friends to tell what server to join.
Read the first line in the post above mine. Read my reply again. Notice the "most" word in my reply. Have a nice day.

For those of you who can't be arsed spending 2 minutes looking through the official european website, I quote:
While you are able to use any language client on any server, we strongly encourage you to use a client of the server's preferred language, as your communication options will be limited if you use a client of a different language. (Example quoted below) Also, please keep in mind that all communication with the Game Masters is required to be in the server's preferred language.
Example:
A player who has installed the English language client wants to play with some friends on a French server. While logged on to the French server, he can read only the public chat channels for his language (General, Trade, Local/World Defense), but not the French public chat (Général, Commerce, Défense Locale/Universelle), because these channels are language specific. When grouping with his friends who are using the French client, they all can talk in the same party chat or communicate with /say and /yell if they want. The same goes for guilds, which means that proximity chat and party or guild channels are not language specific.

nikolas

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Read the first line in the post above mine. Read my reply again. Notice the "most" word in my reply. Have a nice day.

For those of you who can't be arsed spending 2 minutes looking through the official european website, I quote:
Example:

Cheers ;)

Although I wasn't able to find this info on our EU WoW webpage.

Found it now... Was in archived info :D

I guess I'll just have to wait until release to see what the server list looks like

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom