EU players on Ywain

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
As I won't be able to do outdoor activities for the next couple of months I thought I'd give DAoC another try.

I've made myself an account and some characters on US Ywain7. Lucky number 7.

Now... Are there many EU players who used to play on Prydwen and are now playing on Midgard-Ywain? It would be great to see some familiar people I played with (or against) a couple years back. And perhaps getting some help leveling up a bit faster. *wink**wink*. :)

I'm not yet sure what character to play... I've been playing a shaman now until level 7 and it's fun but I've always liked melee classes to Warrior/Skald/Valkyrie... all very interesting. Any advice? Thane is not an option btw. :)

Hope I get some positive answers. :)

Btw: Can you respec any time you want to now? I've been given 2 respecs by my trainer already.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Just started a trial on Ywain-1. Same gimp as always, Cylian (15!) ;)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Id try valkarie :)

Or go on another realm/server and make an ice wizard to get your first 50!

Me personally, I made my first healer type(druid) and loved every minute of it :)

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
lots of old faces on mid valk/skal/boney easy to lvl solo without bot

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
Lots of old faces perhaps but can't find them. :)

Been playing a shaman for the last couple of days now... level 16 atm. It's fun but still a bit lonely. :(

Good thing I have Cylian! :fluffle:

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Ahh Cylian thats a blast from the past, you rolling another Shadowblade? Have you gone kobbie again or have you finally seen the error of your ways ?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh Cylian thats a blast from the past, you rolling another Shadowblade? Have you gone kobbie again or have you finally seen the error of your ways ?

error? What error?

Blue Ownage4tehwin! Smelling my first PA incoming, soon 21!

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
*cough* Gets his ass kicked by weeping willows though. *cough*

Thadius

Part of the furniture
If any of you are rolling albs, i can tell you of a secret place in the frontiers where the exp is good from elvel 20-30!

Dunno if anyone else knows of it though :p

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
hrm, frontier ...

do you get the xp bonus of the classic zones there too? Along with frontier and camp bonus? And Kobold bonus? :D

Thadius

Part of the furniture
dunno, all I know is its pretty quiet and you can chain pull orange cons till level 28 xD

Easy as a cabby anyway :p

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Only works if your on Albion as its lurking behind relic jkeeps! :[

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
For nostalgic reasons I've rerolled Alb/Ywain together with Euinar and Darqs. So have no fear, there will be rp donations.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Reactivated my zerker Cozaks, leveling a bot atm.. nerf server downtime on first day back tho ><

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
error? What error?

Blue Ownage4tehwin! Smelling my first PA incoming, soon 21!

got to love 2h Shadowstrike :D

35cqwk9.jpg

rr7 wizard spaming aoe and standing still!

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
which UI is that? Looks a bit like a modernized GhostUI (which surprisingly enough still works with 1.98)

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
Want PL on Mid. :(

No groups as all got a shaman sticked to their ass and surprisingly nobody wants to PL for plat.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
just hang around instance dungeons around your level. Or join and guild and ask the alliance if there are any exp groups around your level.

Or do it the really fun way. Spec full cave and run around Molvik. I found that the most fun way to level shammie on the us classic servers

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok so my warrior and shaman are lvl 50. Now I was thinking for a more RvR-oriented character but I can't really decide what to do. :)

1) Use the warrior to PL a shaman on the 2nd acc and respec to cave when 50
This would put my cave shaman on the 2nd account, which could be intresting for leeching with my warrior in keepdefences etc. Would also make quests a bit easier as I can help with warrior.
2) Level a hunter (norse sword?, kobold spear?) with help from the buffbot
Mainly wanted to make a hunter to play along with Cylian but I'm not sure if I would like this playstyle. I don't in the lower levels... that's for sure.
3) Level a BD full BA on 2nd account along with a shaman on 1st account and respec to cave at 50
Would give me a cave shaman on the 1st account and the possibility of doing quests along with the BD. Have to start 2 characters from scratch again though. Can use the BD in the future to PL other characters
4) Level a skald on main account with help of the buffbot
I loved playing my skald on EU but as that's about 4 years ago I don't know how they perform (mainly) solo in RvR now.

Pfff... choices, choices! :(

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
Going to give Daoc a try again on ywrain :D.

Will be making two characters.

First a paladin
Reldor Silverheart

And a scout
Melorion <instert surname here>

Either way i've been tempted to try this game for a very long time, i played WoW for over 2.5 years, tried LoTRO and Warhammer online. None of them hich i really enjoyed.

But i am hyped for this. Sorry for the small bit of OT, but going to be awesome to see familiar faces out on the battlefield again. And as usual, i will be playing without a BB. And i don't care if i'm gimping myself by doing so. But it is the playstyle i like.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Use your warrior to pl a valkarie to level 20 on your buffbot account, then do /level 20 on your warrior account to make another shammie :)

Then you have both characs at level 20, valks can solo pretty much anything :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom