eu daoc dead???

tribute

Fledgling Freddie
For me it seems EU daoc is quite dead, many many ppl left long ago and theres not mcuh left it seems, just random slags like me self.

I think eu daoc is dead anyway..

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Dead? No, not really. Just alot of people on classic servers atm, but assuming that is temporary. EU DAoC population has increased since the launch of classic servers.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Doesn't help the fact that it's christmas as well, people have better stuff to do than play daoc :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
718 online on alb classic atm (non anon) probably near 1k each on mid and hib, not dead, no

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
DirtyDiana said:
anyone own a camper van .... the old type .. pervy hippy van?
Why, they stole it off you right before you hyjacked this thread with a load of cobblers?

DirtyDiana

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Why, they stole it off you right before you hyjacked this thread with a load of cobblers?

ermm its no a hyjacking .. please dont shoot me i have a british passport and everything .. was just reading and i thought id ask the question in my head :(

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Dirty if youre gonna try to be surreal to be funny, please try to MAKE it Helicopter

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
DirtyDiana said:
ermm its no a hyjacking .. please dont shoot me i have a british passport and everything .. was just reading and i thought id ask the question in my head :(
After refering to my Monty Python translation tool, all I can say is elderberries and Ni!

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
After refering to my Monty Python translation tool, all I can say is elderberries and Ni!

Blue!... no, red!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The Pet Shop Sketch from "And Now For Something Completely Different"

(Monty Python customised by Teh Seel)

A customer enters GOA office.

Customer: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

(The owner does not respond.)

C: 'Ello, Miss?
Owner: What do you mean "miss"?
C: <pause> I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!
O: We're closin' for a server downtime.
C: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this server that i entered not half an hour ago.
O: Oh yes, the, uh, the excalibur server...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?
C: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!
O: No, no, 'e's uh,...it's on downtime.
C: Look, matey, I know a dead server when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.
O: No no it's not dead, it's, it's on downtime'! Remarkable server, the excalibur, idn'it, ay? Remarkable stability!
C: The stability ain't an issue. It's stone dead.
O: Nononono, no, no! 'IT's on downtime!
C: All right then, if it's on downtime', I'll try to log in!

(typing in details furiously)

'Ello, Ecali-aly.server! I want to play! (owner pokes esc)
O: There, it cancelled!
C: No, it didn't, that was you hitting the esc button!
O: I never!!
C: Yes, you did!
O: I never, never did anything...
C:(yelling and hitting the enter furiously) 'ELLO EXCAL!!!!!

Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!

(Takes the laptop, thumps its, on the counter. Throws it up
in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)

C: Now that's what I call a dead server.
O: No, no.....No, 'it's patching!
C: PATCHING?!?
O: Yeah! You broke a server node, just as it was comin' up! Pre-patch servers crash easily major.
C: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That server is most definetly abandoned, and when I bought the game not 'alf an hour ago, you assured me that its total lack of players was due to the server being a bit unstable.
O: Well, it's...it's...probably re-routing.
C: RE-ROUTING?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why couldn't i get in the moment i got home?
O: The Excalibur prefers to re-route through england! Remarkable server, id'nit, squire? Lovely stability!
C: Look, I took the liberty of examining that server as i got home and i noticed that the only reason it was even showing up was because it was painted there with a magic marker!

(pause)

O: Well...ofcourse it was painted! If it wasn't, everyone else would enter it too and the server couldn't handle that much stress. It would fizzle and go POP!
C: "POP"?!? Mate, this server wouldn't "pop" if you put twenty thousand accounts on it! It's bleedin dead!
O: No no! 'E's re-routing!
C: 'E's not re-routin'! 'E's down for good! This server lives no more! It has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to the formatter! 'E's empty! Bereft of life, 'e ticks no more! If you hadn't painted it on the screen 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the cable! 'E's kicked fer good, 'e's used it's last coil, run down completely and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-SERVER!!

(pause)

O: Well, I'd better replace it, then.
(he takes a quick peek behind the counter)
O: Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh, we're right out of servers.
C: I see. I see, I get the picture.
O: <pause> I got WoW.

(pause)

C: (sweet as sugar) Pray, does it take GOA subscriptions?
O: Nnnnot really.
C: WELL IT'S HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!?
O: Look, if you go to Mythics office in Washington DC, he'll replace the server for you.
C: Washington, eh? Very well.

The customer leaves.

The customer enters the same office. The owner is putting on a false
moustache.

C: This is Mythic, is it?
O: (with a fake mustache) No, it's Blizzard.
C: (looking at the camera) That's killroy travels for you.

The customer goes to the killroy travels office.
He addresses a man standing behind a desk marked "Complaints".

C: I wish to complain, Killroy Travels Person.
Attendant: I DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS JOB, YOU KNOW!!!
C: I beg your pardon...?
A: I'm a qualified graphic artist! I only do this job because I like being my own boss!
C: Excuse me, this is irrelevant, isn't it?
A: Yeah, well it's not easy to manage these complaints you know.
C: Well, I wish to complain. I tried to reach washington and find myself in Irvine California.
A: No, this is Washington.
C: (to the camera) The Mythic office man was lying!!
A: Can't blame Killroy Travels.
C: In that case, I shall return to the Mythic Office!

He does.

C: I understand this IS Mythic.
O: (still with the fake mustache) Yes?
C: You told me it was Blizzard!
O: ...It was a pun.
C: (pause) A PUN?!?
O: No, no...not a pun...What's that thing that spells the same backwards as forwards?
C: (Long pause) A palindrome...?
O: Yeah, that's it!
C: It's not a palindrome! The palindrome of "Blizzard" would be "Drazzilb"!! It don't work!!
O: Well, what do you want?
C: I'm not prepared to pursue my line of inquiry any longer as I think this is getting too silly!

Teh Seel: Quite agree, quite agree, too silly, far too silly...(takes customer by the arm) Come on, you, you've got to go do another sketch now! Come on... (he walks off stage left, followed by the director and cameramen, leaving the GOA guy alone on the set)

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
old.Tohtori said:
The Pet Shop Sketch from "And Now For Something Completely Different"

(Monty Python customised by Teh Seel)

A customer enters GOA office.

Customer: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

(The owner does not respond.)

C: 'Ello, Miss?
Owner: What do you mean "miss"?
C: <pause> I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!
O: We're closin' for a server downtime.
C: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this server that i entered not half an hour ago.
O: Oh yes, the, uh, the excalibur server...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?
C: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!
O: No, no, 'e's uh,...it's on downtime.
C: Look, matey, I know a dead server when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.
O: No no it's not dead, it's, it's on downtime'! Remarkable server, the excalibur, idn'it, ay? Remarkable stability!
C: The stability ain't an issue. It's stone dead.
O: Nononono, no, no! 'IT's on downtime!
C: All right then, if it's on downtime', I'll try to log in!

(typing in details furiously)

'Ello, Ecali-aly.server! I want to play! (owner pokes esc)
O: There, it cancelled!
C: No, it didn't, that was you hitting the esc button!
O: I never!!
C: Yes, you did!
O: I never, never did anything...
C:(yelling and hitting the enter furiously) 'ELLO EXCAL!!!!!

Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!

(Takes the laptop, thumps its, on the counter. Throws it up
in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)

C: Now that's what I call a dead server.
O: No, no.....No, 'it's patching!
C: PATCHING?!?
O: Yeah! You broke a server node, just as it was comin' up! Pre-patch servers crash easily major.
C: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That server is most definetly abandoned, and when I bought the game not 'alf an hour ago, you assured me that its total lack of players was due to the server being a bit unstable.
O: Well, it's...it's...probably re-routing.
C: RE-ROUTING?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why couldn't i get in the moment i got home?
O: The Excalibur prefers to re-route through england! Remarkable server, id'nit, squire? Lovely stability!
C: Look, I took the liberty of examining that server as i got home and i noticed that the only reason it was even showing up was because it was painted there with a magic marker!

(pause)

O: Well...ofcourse it was painted! If it wasn't, everyone else would enter it too and the server couldn't handle that much stress. It would fizzle and go POP!
C: "POP"?!? Mate, this server wouldn't "pop" if you put twenty thousand accounts on it! It's bleedin dead!
O: No no! 'E's re-routing!
C: 'E's not re-routin'! 'E's down for good! This server lives no more! It has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to the formatter! 'E's empty! Bereft of life, 'e ticks no more! If you hadn't painted it on the screen 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the cable! 'E's kicked fer good, 'e's used it's last coil, run down completely and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-SERVER!!

(pause)

O: Well, I'd better replace it, then.
(he takes a quick peek behind the counter)
O: Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh, we're right out of servers.
C: I see. I see, I get the picture.
O: <pause> I got WoW.

(pause)

C: (sweet as sugar) Pray, does it take GOA subscriptions?
O: Nnnnot really.
C: WELL IT'S HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!?
O: Look, if you go to Mythics office in Washington DC, he'll replace the server for you.
C: Washington, eh? Very well.

The customer leaves.

The customer enters the same office. The owner is putting on a false
moustache.

C: This is Mythic, is it?
O: (with a fake mustache) No, it's Blizzard.
C: (looking at the camera) That's killroy travels for you.

The customer goes to the killroy travels office.
He addresses a man standing behind a desk marked "Complaints".

C: I wish to complain, Killroy Travels Person.
Attendant: I DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS JOB, YOU KNOW!!!
C: I beg your pardon...?
A: I'm a qualified graphic artist! I only do this job because I like being my own boss!
C: Excuse me, this is irrelevant, isn't it?
A: Yeah, well it's not easy to manage these complaints you know.
C: Well, I wish to complain. I tried to reach washington and find myself in Irvine California.
A: No, this is Washington.
C: (to the camera) The Mythic office man was lying!!
A: Can't blame Killroy Travels.
C: In that case, I shall return to the Mythic Office!

He does.

C: I understand this IS Mythic.
O: (still with the fake mustache) Yes?
C: You told me it was Blizzard!
O: ...It was a pun.
C: (pause) A PUN?!?
O: No, no...not a pun...What's that thing that spells the same backwards as forwards?
C: (Long pause) A palindrome...?
O: Yeah, that's it!
C: It's not a palindrome! The palindrome of "Blizzard" would be "Drazzilb"!! It don't work!!
O: Well, what do you want?
C: I'm not prepared to pursue my line of inquiry any longer as I think this is getting too silly!

Teh Seel: Quite agree, quite agree, too silly, far too silly...(takes customer by the arm) Come on, you, you've got to go do another sketch now! Come on... (he walks off stage left, followed by the director and cameramen, leaving the GOA guy alone on the set)

Very funny, /salute

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
tribute said:
For me it seems EU daoc is quite dead, many many ppl left long ago and theres not mcuh left it seems, just random slags like me self.

I think eu daoc is dead anyway..

yes its dead, bye.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Inrease in player numbers of late - new expansion in a month - string of nice patches implemented or pending with new ones in the works - at least one more retail expansion planned, for next year - new server type introduced and another one discussed.

No it isnt dead. Its changing and evolving though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom