EU classic ENG vs GER

Thrypfir

Fledgling Freddie
I heard there will be 2 servers,an English and a German server.
now I was wondering,where would the best GG vs GG action be at,and would a non-german speaking player be able to play on a german server?

on US servers f.e the classics brought about ALOT of US's GGs from various servers,old and new.Lamorak was dubbed the unofficial 8v8 server by many (though it wasnt always like that :) had lots of zerg also) while Gareth would have been the more layback relax server (eventualy gareth is the 8v8 haven now since many GG's rerolled after rvr died on lamo :/)

Sooo i was wondering
are many GG's going to roll on the English server?if I decide to come play EU classic its to be part of a EU GG once again and have some nice fights,hence i'm wondering..what would be best for a non german-speaking player..Eng or GER server?:)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
if you speak german good, you can play both if you like... cant really tell where the 8v8 be better

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
As a non-german speaking I would advice you not to play on German servers, you will get confused a lot...

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
soon the "my l33t cr3w rolz der ne3wbz" post arises and you can safely say that the competition will be bigger on English one.

K

Kinson_LoE

May I remind everyone that on a "german" server everything is in German language. So all quests, all NPC's all text in the game is in german.

It's not just that alot of people are talking german in chat. Imagine sitting with a lexicon beside you when your doing quests.

Im sure that anyone could pick up enough to get by, but are you willing to endure the frustration?

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I would be much more worried about constantly hearing french in public channels on the english server. :)

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
The german one is gonna have a higher population though?!

Dood

Fledgling Freddie
the english server is gonna be like english/french/other.. so hopefully it will be same or even more crowded then the german one.

yes, reading french crap in chat gonna be a pain, but I rather have that then playing on a german server tbh. I tried this way back when I still played EU and after the 3rd dude within same 10 minutes said "what are u doing here???, go back to your own zerver" I kinda lost interest and left.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
probably i will go english server with 1 alb grp see you there :)

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
Our guild is going to Eng server since all the frogs are going there too and we are counting on some nice GvG mix :)

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
You shouldn't go to a server where you don't understand the language. German is difficult if you have to learn it from scratch. ;)

Besides, the german server will be full, and when I say full I mean 3500 players online and several hundreds trying to connect. At least if you regard what is posted on the german boards. Seems as if half of the German players want to play there (and we are 8000-9000 on prime time). ;)

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
all things being equal, from an englishman's point of view: french>german.

'tis only by the smallest of margins though!

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
Well actually from the point of languange understanding german is very similar to english, while french is just a row of random letters for me :p

This from a non-english speaking point of view ofc

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Well one thing though... No one really speaks german on german servers, at least in most FGs... there are so many english expressions that you won't really notice you're on a foreign language server. :p

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Adianna said:
Well one thing though... No one really speaks german on german servers, at least in most FGs... there are so many english expressions that you won't really notice you're on a foreign language server. :p

That doesnt count for the french server :twak:

Thrypfir

Fledgling Freddie
k thx :)

seems nothing has chaged with old pryd..still french ppl refusing to talk english in public channels.at first I bitched about it to them,in the end I just added em to my ignore list..

eventualy,its always fun to get a few ppl to join the bg and yell SPEAK ENGLISH!!!! to the next french speaking guy ^^

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
also remember the german client is slightly different to the english client you may have to change some lines in your update.dat file you cant use r to automatically reply to pms.

just an important note :)

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Thrypfir said:
k thx :)

seems nothing has chaged with old pryd..still french ppl refusing to talk english in public channels.at first I bitched about it to them,in the end I just added em to my ignore list..

eventualy,its always fun to get a few ppl to join the bg and yell SPEAK ENGLISH!!!! to the next french speaking guy ^^

Think most French people played on the French servers tbh. The ones that did play Pryd spoke better english than 1/2 the english people that played. Never in my 3 years of playing ever saw anyone speak French in a Pub channel (dutch Dansish Sweedish etc never french though).

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
when ever you see a language you dont understand just think the following

"o my god they are possesed by deamons"

it makes misunderstandings so easy to avoid if everyone is possesed by deamons you can blame a lot on it :)

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
As a frenchman, it will be a pleasure for me to invide the english server. It will remind me 1066. :D Of course I will act as if I didn't understand a single word of English. :D

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Kinson_LoE said:
May I remind everyone that on a "german" server everything is in German language. So all quests, all NPC's all text in the game is in german.

It's not just that alot of people are talking german in chat. Imagine sitting with a lexicon beside you when your doing quests.

Im sure that anyone could pick up enough to get by, but are you willing to endure the frustration?
What frustration? Playing on Avalon is not much diff than playing on an english server. Quests are not hard, all you need is warcry open, which I have even if I'm on an english server.

As a solo person I wouldn't roll on a german server, but I could do it as a guild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom