EU and US prime-time population report Sunday 24th May 2015!

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
Dark Age of Camelot Report Sunday 24th May 2015
11pm cet / 10pm uk / 5pm est / 4pm cst / 2pm pst (near the end of EU prime-time)

EU prime-time

Midgard: 430

New Frontiers: 160
Thidranki: 10
Molvik: 30
Cathal Valley: 29
Tutorial: 4

Hibernia: 418

New Frontiers: 196
Thidranki: 7
Molvik: 31
Cathal Valley: 29

Albion: 436

New Frontiers: 236
Thidranki: 8
Molvik: 33
Cathal Valley: 24

Ywain Server Total: 1284

US prime-time
4am EU / 3am uk / 10pm est / 9pm cst / 7pm pst

Midgard: 317

New Frontiers: 172
Thidranki: 10
Molvik: 13
Cathal Valley: 18
Tutoria: 13

Hibernia: 202

New Frontiers: 75
Thidranki: 8
Molvik: 21
Cathal valley: 6
Tutorial: 8

Albion: 402
New Frontiers: 221
Thidranki: 4
Molvik: 29
Cathal Valley: 11
Tutorial: 7

Ywain Server Total: 921

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
DAoC is very much alive because of the strong continuation of the community support but also more new and returning players coming back to the game. You would be surprised how many are still playing after 14 years now. :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It lacks content though sadly and vision to improve it. Recurring seasonal events are all fine and dandy but they offer very little to people who already has all the items they have to offer, unless BS put some new ones in, which doesn't happen often.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
DAoC is very much alive because of the strong continuation of the community support but also more new and returning players coming back to the game.
Most of those I suspect are just back until CU goes beta. Nostalgia trip whilst waiting. Certainly the case for the month I gave it a go, only lasted 2 days of that month though, damn GTA V release :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Molvik seems very active. Could be good fun to reactivate and give the old healer, zerker and cleric a spin :)

Any way to check which account my characters are on? Doubt I'll be bothered to reactivate two accounts

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
Firstly about DAoC players going to Camelot Unchained:

I've talked to quite a few people in DAoC and not many seem interested in Camelot Unchained. I think once camelot Unchained is out probably 20-30% of daoc players will try it out and probably come back after a few months.
A lot of people say that DAoC was going to die when Warhammer came out and look at DAoC now, It's still got over 1k of players. So I can't see Camelot unchained having a massive impact on DAoC. To many are committed to daoc to even move because they spent so many years creating there characters and i don't think everyone will rush off to try another game.

Molvik and (PvE) a new DAoC Campaign
Molvik on the other hand is very active and yes you will see a lot of action in there pretty much all the time since it's everyone favourite bg on Ywain at this moment. I would also recommend to check out the updates of the game because there a new campaign coming out which might interest peeps who like PvE. There still a lot of PvE content in daoc such as Summoner's hall raids, Darkness falls, Master level 10, Swamp quest, Pict Lords, Agramon doppel lords Big 3, Dragon raids etc. There still a lot that do those quests and I still do them with my guild on Midgard so there is PvE just need to join a guild or Alliance willing to do these events.

Check out the DAoC News Letter :)
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/threads/dark-age-of-camelot-newsletter-3.251919/

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

I've talked to quite a few people in DAoC and not many seem interested in Camelot Unchained. I think once camelot Unchained is out probably 20-30% of daoc players will try it out and probably come back after a few months.
A lot of people say that DAoC was going to die when Warhammer came out and look at DAoC now, It's still got over 1k of players. So I can't see Camelot unchained having a massive impact on DAoC. To many are committed to daoc to even move because they spent so many years creating there characters and i don't think everyone will rush off to try another game.

Molvik on the other hand is very active and yes you will see a lot of action in there pretty much all the time since it's everyone favourite bg on Ywain at this moment. I would also recommend to check out the updates of the game because there a new campaign coming out which might interest peeps who like PvE. There still a lot of PvE content in daoc such as Summoner's hall raids, Darkness falls, Master level 10, Swamp quest, Pict Lords, Agramon doppel lords Big 3, Dragon raids etc. There still a lot that do those quests and I still do them with my guild on Midgard so there is PvE just need to join a guild or Alliance willing to do these events.

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/threads/dark-age-of-camelot-newsletter-3.251919/
1k of accounts or 1k pf players. Its different

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Speed hacking and Radar is now Rife in the game even if people came back it countless Zerg .... The Tuesday lets make 8 v 8 has gone ... Stealth Zergs killing soloers and Poor Solic trying to intice people back ... Last time I resubbed few of us stayed in Molvik and that got boring after a few hours.

Make another Server based on Old Frontier like Uthgard/Genesis and they probably have a steady stream of players returning.

They not going to get rid of the hackers as you pointed out 1k player base they even need they subs.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
DAoC is very much alive because of the strong continuation of the community support but also more new and returning players coming back to the game. You would be surprised how many are still playing after 14 years now. :)

Its quite clear by the OP how 'many' players are still playing. Just move on... theres been some fucking good games out after DAoC.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I disagree @Solic Archers I've actually been actively playing Camelot Unchained while they have the pre-alpha/alpha phases open and honestly its going to take a lot more away than 20-30%, not all perhaps, but definitely more than 20-30%.

The problem with Broadsword is they aren't listening to the entire community, they're listening to a niche of the community and just adding whatever they feel is good rather than the actual community as a whole, that's why NNF failed and they had to revert a lot of the changes and that's why things continue to fail now.

Also, as someone has already pointed out the game is rife with cheating at present, something they're also not getting a handle on.

I'd love DAOC to keep kicking I really would, were it not for DAOC I would never have met my wife, but as it is i'd rather they just closed the doors because its just an illusion of its former self.

All that said

They should make Gaheris free to play for a start, its the perfect way for new players to try the game at max level, even if there is no PvP they still get the basic fundamentals nailed down and have the option of subbing/playing on Ywain.

They should add an offer with this saying if you subscribe after playing on Gaheris you get access to /level 50 straight away (yes /level 50) so the free Gaheris players don't have to level again and can get straight out into RvR for a new experience.

Stuff like that is what Broadsword needs to be looking into because as it is there aren't exactly a lot of new players banging the doors of DAOC down to play.

They also need to streamline the Realm Ranks as opposed to the massive leaps they have currently to make them more appealing to new/returning players.

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I disagree @Solic Archers I've actually been actively playing Camelot Unchained while they have the pre-alpha/alpha phases open and honestly its going to take a lot more away than 20-30%, not all perhaps, but definitely more than 20-30%.

The problem with Broadsword is they aren't listening to the entire community, they're listening to a niche of the community and just adding whatever they feel is good rather than the actual community as a whole, that's why NNF failed and they had to revert a lot of the changes and that's why things continue to fail now.

Also, as someone has already pointed out the game is rife with cheating at present, something they're also not getting a handle on.

I'd love DAOC to keep kicking I really would, were it not for DAOC I would never have met my wife, but as it is i'd rather they just closed the doors because its just an illusion of its former self.

All that said

They should make Gaheris free to play for a start, its the perfect way for new players to try the game at max level, even if there is no PvP they still get the basic fundamentals nailed down and have the option of subbing/playing on Ywain.

They should add an offer with this saying if you subscribe after playing on Gaheris you get access to /level 50 straight away (yes /level 50) so the free Gaheris players don't have to level again and can get straight out into RvR for a new experience.

Stuff like that is what Broadsword needs to be looking into because as it is there aren't exactly a lot of new players banging the doors of DAOC down to play.

They also need to streamline the Realm Ranks as opposed to the massive leaps they have currently to make them more appealing to new/returning players.
I met my wife playing daoc too :).

CorNokZ

Can you elaborate on those new pve quests? I haven't heard of half of them. I heard they revamped DF, but what is the swamp quest, pict lords and agramon doppel lords?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

The game is crap. Has been for a long time. The moment the rot set in was the moment they gave increased RPs, now every mouth breather is charging around desperate for the holy RP just tagging everything they can see. Its crap with the added, rampant cheating (that seems to be allowed because nobody who cheats gets banned) There are two choices now in DAOC. Go somewhere busy and get zerged or go somewhere quiet and see nobody.

Just let it go, let it die with a shred of dignity. It is a game that was at one point great, absolutely the best game I have ever played. Now a mere shadow of its former self.

[LA]Douglas

One of Freddy's beloved
i feel the same as raven but i feel like it's going to be hard to make a game as fun and daoc EU was for the simple reason excalbur i feel had players that wanted to fight 8v8 and 1v1 fair fights and US i havent seen much of that. i feel kinda lucky to have played with the player bace we did. EU players made the game what it was

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I don't even think American players are to blame tbh, as Raven said it's just the rot set in and everyone is acting like RP hungry teens. If it was old RP rates I'm not so sure zergs would be as rampant because lets face it, you got virtually no RP's on old values running as a zerg, the only time zergs were really seen back then were for relic raids or keep defence vs other zergs, roaming zergs werent really a thing.. well they were just nowhere near as bad.

Brilliance

Can't get enough of FH
I renewed about a week ago and I have mixed feelings about the current state of the game.
It's nice playing daoc, since there's no other game like it. The new port/keep changes are interesting too and the DF pve was relaxing.

But the population is definitely way too low to keep the pvp interesting
The RvR quality is also a bit awkward. It's borderline impossible to find nice fights and when you do, chances are there's going to be lots of zerging/adding/rp whoring involved.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I don't even think American players are to blame tbh, as Raven said it's just the rot set in and everyone is acting like RP hungry teens. If it was old RP rates I'm not so sure zergs would be as rampant because lets face it, you got virtually no RP's on old values running as a zerg, the only time zergs were really seen back then were for relic raids or keep defence vs other zergs, roaming zergs werent really a thing.. well they were just nowhere near as bad.
I had some fun back in the day with an opted group defending keeps from zergs.

With the blackbirds i think it was. My mana shrine on my shammy and a lot of pbaoe and stun was awesome.

I guess not for the zerg hehe. But long gone are those days

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i did try it again about a year ago and it was a good nostaligic trip. then i realised thats all it ever was going to be, and with a sad smile logged out and that was it.
daoc was a groundbreaking game and i daresay it set the stage for alot of mmo's to follow along with the likes of EQ and AC. the thing that truly made it unique tho and is something we will never see again was the community, the game didnt have millions of subscribers in contrast to todays mmo's it was still very much niche and everyone knew pretty much everyone or all the major guilds etc it was a close tight knit community. thats gone and its gone forever so we should be thankful we got to experience the golden age of mmo's its had its day with the advent of freeshards some of which are good and CU on the horizon it cant be good for daoc. i just hope when they finally close those relic keep doors for good they make the game free for 1 week so we can all have one last zerg round emain. most of us were there at the beginning be great if we could be there at the close.

CorNokZ

I just renewed one of my accounts and I must say that with all the new content I am a bit overwhelmed. I have no idea where to begin

Brilliance

Can't get enough of FH
I just renewed one of my accounts and I must say that with all the new content I am a bit overwhelmed. I have no idea where to begin

Keep an eye out of DF raids. Take the quests from the guy next to the DF merchants. Those quests reward blood seals and you can get some really amazing items with them.

Also, I don't know when was the last time you played, but you can get a full set of armor from the King in the main city. This armor/weps are almost capped, you'll be missing 1 resist of each and a little bit of stats, but the char is fully playable to get started imo. You need to be champion level 10, though.

And you get get artis and champions level with Bounty points too.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom