Eternal Plant

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Guides on Visionofsages are often outdated or just crappy, same goes with this one.

Can anyone who done it pop a short guide how to do the artifact please? I will give a rep to the first one who actually puts some efford into it ;)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Been wondering the same, and where the heck is Kelp Forest... does it even exist ?

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
We tried it with guild but didnt find the damn plant:( if any1 does it plz pm some1 in Cute as our clerics needs cred

Tosi

Fledgling Freddie
you gotta camp it if you want to see it up as it 'despawns' quite fast. when it spawns, pull one of the sobekite 'somethings' to the plant, don't do damage to it tho. When sobekites have harvested the plant, soon main mob spawns, pull him asap so you wont get all adds at once. necro + bb should work fine.

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
This is all the info you need on the encounter.

http://vnboards.ign.com/Message.aspx?topic=90937397&brd=22590&start=91296005

The Plant can spawn anywhere in the kelp and it can be auto activated if a seeker finds it before a player. Also Sobekhotep definately despawns after a certain period of time. So it could be bad timing that you dont find it up.

Also: This maybe doable with a necro buffbot combo but you sure get alot of adds!

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Gethin said:
This is all the info you need on the encounter.

http://vnboards.ign.com/Message.aspx?topic=90937397&brd=22590&start=91296005

The Plant can spawn anywhere in the kelp and it can be auto activated if a seeker finds it before a player. Also Sobekhotep definately despawns after a certain period of time. So it could be bad timing that you dont find it up.

Also: This maybe doable with a necro buffbot combo but you sure get alot of adds!

Repped, for being the closest one to a verified guide. Cheers Gethin.

Seems the basics are :

Find the plant up
Get a harvest to it
Make the mob spawn
Take it out with tank group
Get credit
Get scrolls
Activate your brand new arti :)

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
Jarahl said:
Repped, for being the closest one to a verified guide. Cheers Gethin.

Seems the basics are :

Find the plant up
Get a harvest to it
Make the mob spawn
Take it out with tank group
Get credit
Get scrolls
Activate your brand new arti :)

Ok be aware that you have 6+ bodyguards which need to die before sobektop and anything from 25+ to 50+ adds. 50+ if you are unlucky.

Imho, the best setup is to have a servant necro do most of the killing with a ML9 pet for backup. PBAOE Casters nice to have too. Dont fight sobektop either in the kelp or over the top of it, make sure you pull him + adds to the side away from any potential spawn adds.

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
I'd be happy to get credit on this encounter on my cleric - Zianah.

Can provide cleric along with paladin and/or icewiz.

Would be very thankful for a PM if you decide to do it.

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
+ Wank off your GM obviously (If he cba to login and help me with encounter?)

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
does anyone know if necromancers can use the 2nd charge on this item?

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
- Necromancer: There are new versions of several artifacts for Necromancers which better suit the class via usage in shadeform and casting spells through the pet. Any newly attained versions of The Eternal Plant, Staff of God, Tartaros Gift, Belt of Oglidarsh, and Ring of Fire are effected by this change. Artifact Scholar Jarron will accept current versions of these artifact in trade for the newer versions. Please note, all artifact experience will be lost when completing this trade-in.

From the Herald. Ofc... doesn't say what the changes/usages are, that would be too helpful :puke:

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
Did this yesterday with the following tactics.

The Plant is green (as opposed to the brownish kelp) and spawns somewhere on the edge of the Kelp forest. Kelp is seaweed, if you didn't know. Once you've found it, locate a bluecon Sobekite Seeker and pull it. Kite it to the plant.

This will now spawn Sobekite Harvesters. Stay back and let them hack away at the Plant for a while. It's rather slow,

When the Harvesters are done Sobekhotep will spawn. For us he was orange con and had 2-3 yellow con bodyguards. Don't let this fool you! As soon as you pull him all the yellows in the area join in - and trust me, there are a lot of yellows.

So, eventually we had a minstrel solo pull out of group. When he passed us necro would pick out Sobekhotep and focus him. From there it was a piece of cake.

Big thanks to Tze for doing this with me. :)

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Graendel said:
Did this yesterday with the following tactics.

The Plant is green (as opposed to the brownish kelp) and spawns somewhere on the edge of the Kelp forest. Kelp is seaweed, if you didn't know. Once you've found it, locate a bluecon Sobekite Seeker and pull it. Kite it to the plant.

This will now spawn Sobekite Harvesters. Stay back and let them hack away at the Plant for a while. It's rather slow,

When the Harvesters are done Sobekhotep will spawn. For us he was orange con and had 2-3 yellow con bodyguards. Don't let this fool you! As soon as you pull him all the yellows in the area join in - and trust me, there are a lot of yellows.

So, eventually we had a minstrel solo pull out of group. When he passed us necro would pick out Sobekhotep and focus him. From there it was a piece of cake.

Big thanks to Tze for doing this with me. :)

Repped this one too, as I was wondering if it could be done like that. I tried yesterday aswell with the classic idea (2 guarders, 2 icewizards, but only 1 cleric) With 50 mobs comming at you, cleric lagged too much and things got messy and we failed :)

Edit: No more rep points going out now :)

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
Also seems that you can make it spawn by killing the armsmaster in ml2 dungeon.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Did today with 2 cabalist, 1 theurg, 1 friar and 2 clerics. It was very easy.
Plant was up, didn't need to kill armsmaster. Just look for a green plant in the brown kelp like ppl said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom