Error or LD everytime after zoning in NF, anyone else?

Nive11en

Fledgling Freddie
I'm getting a:
An error has occurred
The server has closed your connection
press escape to exit

error message everytime I teleport in New Frontiers between keeps. I go to the realmwar map at the teleport stone, click on a keep im interested in, click teleport, then teleport inside. Then when I try to type messages, they never show up, cant cast spells, can walk around, but cant exit through doors, but I see other people moving and doing things. Then after 20-30 seconds the error message shows up. (Sometimes instead of that error message it says I went LD, but rarely, almost always it says An error has occurred).

I've tried lots of things, like trying a different network card. Reinstalling numerous drivers. Updating windows, getting newer drivers... sooo on.

Oh and did I mention that if I log back in, I get no lag at all, everything works perfect, no lag at all. Can kill enemies, so on.. but if I go back and try to zone, or die and zone into CS, the same error happens again... .. ....

Before NF everything was fine, no problems at all. Also at the beginning of the NF Gorre test, I had no problems too!

Is anyone else getting fecked up things like me? :puke:

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
whats the spec of your pc?

Only ask because I have the same problem when duel logging seems nf is just that bit more harsh than ToA was on my pc, loading times have dropped and as a consequence if I try to duel log both accounts usually link die but its fine with only one account, just ordered some more ram and hoping that it will help some.

Dervis

Fledgling Freddie
happens often enough on my spare PC where the toon LDs when porting between keeps.

also happens to few other people in /as

problem for sure.

Nive11en

Fledgling Freddie
Athlon 64 2800+, DFI LanParty UT nF3 250Gb, 512 DDRAM TwinMos, Abit Geforce4 Ti4200.
Those are the specs.

Oh, and did I mention that when I play in ToA/Shrouded Isles/Classic zones I get no such thing. I can walk around freely, zone wherever, do whatever, everything works 100% fine!!!

This only happens inside the New Frontiers.

So far I've done a full file check and it seemed everything was fine.
I'll try to delete the whole NF directory, reinstall and patch it again with a full file check then..

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
I'm also getting this problwem, solely in NF teleporting from CS to the NF areas. The result of a port appears to either reset my router, or reset the network connection.

I use a netgear NIC.

My system is an alienware aurora with xp3200+, 1 gb ram, radeon 9800 pro 256mb, xp pro SP1 ( i spit on SP2 ;))

It didn't happen until NF was released on the live servers (worked fine on gorre).

No new drivers have been installed on my machine, and no other online games / general gaming is affected.

The result of a port apears to reset my router.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
people had problems using djinn stones in ToA with netgear NIC's...

a driver upgrade sorted them out though.

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
aye, upgrade your netgear NIC drivers, see if that helps.

Nive11en

Fledgling Freddie
Deleted the /frontiers directory in my DAoC game. Reinstalled the New Frontiers installation file (frontiers_toa.exe). Did a full file check and patched.

Problem solved. No more zoning problems whatsoever.
Although I did waste a lot of time, reinstalling drivers, updating, etc.

Thanks for the help guys.

Oh, I'm not using a Netgear NIC, actually I don't even know what that is :)

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Nive11en said:
Deleted the /frontiers directory in my DAoC game. Reinstalled the New Frontiers installation file (frontiers_toa.exe). Did a full file check and patched.

Problem solved. No more zoning problems whatsoever.
Although I did waste a lot of time, reinstalling drivers, updating, etc.

Thanks for the help guys.

Oh, I'm not using a Netgear NIC, actually I don't even know what that is :)

I'm about to try all of the above - ill re-post once ive done it with results...

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Formash said:
I'm about to try all of the above - ill re-post once ive done it with results...

installed new FA 311 drivers (Netgear NIC) - and removed frontiers directory, reinstalled frontiers, did full file scan at startup of daoc and this appears to have fixed the problems.

thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom