error connecting to update server

Zede

Part of the furniture
Hi Chaps

Ok ive reinstalled daoc from the original discs, & downloaded darkness rising ( not got laby) everything installs ok, heck everything reinstalls ok.

Done complete file check, when accesing the mythic updater, its gets stuck ever time , this comes up :

Getting updated file : ambsnake.idle.kfa

and the updater just hangs & stops responding :(

Any ideas apart from reinstalling again ?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Could get someone to search for that file to get the path, then send it to you via MSN or something, copy/paste it into the correct directory and run the patcher again, it may skip it.

Zede

Part of the furniture
thanks Raven, that did get the updater past that file, then got stuck on another one, got that file sent to me via my contact (vriezer) then he had to go offline !

patch downloader actually started, then got stuck on ANOTHER file, wtf :(

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
which file ? post and I'll get you it.

also PM me your MSN and I'll help ya out.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
I had the same problem when patching the Lotm client , had to turn my firewall off because it wouldnt allow certain files to download , it thought they were advertisement files , its got a built in adblocker.

Zede

Part of the furniture
there are 2 "darkness rising" clients to d/l. One is a 473mb file one is a 731mb file.

Ive downloaded both of them, uninstalled cata & tried to apply each file to a fresh cata install, same thing happens on both attempts, when accessing update server, it stalls on a random file.

Its happened with 4 different files and only got to the first 30 seconds of updates. My cata discs are scratch free & didnt have any probs installing off the disk, and indeed ive never had any problems reinstalling the game on this machine ( 3rd time now :p).

Ive turned off windows firewall, turned off avg free, makes no difference. ive sent a message to rightnow, but god knows how long they will take.

Thanks for the offer soulfly, but i dont expect anyone to sit through hours of sending me files over msn, considering it found 4 files in the first 30 secs !

should i blame goa ? i want too...

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Could always update the dat (forget the file names, been a while) file for the version you have (eu?) and change it to US, patch up and change it back :p

Zede

Part of the furniture
ive downloaded 203kb of 440mb, and its hung on 6 files.

not asking anyone else on my msn contact list !

Zede

Part of the furniture
Ok, ive tried downloading the entire cata client, the Lotm client - both of them hang within a mb of connecting to the update server.

If someone cloud do me a favour - just go to cammie chronicles and just try and download one of the full game clients, & advise here if it hangs within a meg or so :)

DeathsBows

Fledgling Freddie
np here just tried dl it and stopped by 30mb running at about 250kb/sec

must be your connection or pc stopping it ?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yep, just tried it myself on 2 different PC's. works fine on both of them so its possible its something on your end :/

Zede

Part of the furniture
It dont matter what I try and d/l off mythic or GoA, the full game, the 14 day US trial, update from cata to dr, all crash after a few seconds of ANY updater as it starts to d/l anything :(

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I know someone else who was trying to re-install daoc again. He said he was having problems with DR client and I think just gave up. That was about a week ago. Unfortunately he gave no details.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Would u adam and eve it.

I tired to download LotM via the official downloader.

Same shit, it gets stuck on files yet again, " belial_death kfa " being one of them.

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Checked so that the files arent write protected?

If its DR client you need i could maybe zip it and put on my ftp for you to download. PM here on FH in that case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom