Error 201...

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
My frend who is talking to me on msn in this picture recieves this error...

http://www.connectz.co.uk/tomreb/erf.JPG

Is anyone else reciving this? the Mythic website says that it will be because the servers are to busy? but i can chain log of and then on and i never recieve this error...

Is it something to do with the fact that he patched of the US servers, and downloaded DR from there? yes the update.dat file has been updated back to europe.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I'm getting Error 201 every time I try to log in as well, but my error is "cannot connect to update server"...I downloaded from US as well, and have triple-checked that the update.dat and login.dat files are correct. What worries me is that my Catacombs client, which worked fine at 0430 this morning, is now giving the same message.

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
yes he gets the same message from all 3 clients...

Jozxyqk

Fledgling Freddie
that would be me from the screenie.....

dunno what is happening, i can traceroute to the goa servers fine, and i can connect to the US patcher....just not the flippin europe one

:eek7:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Copy/paste of what I put in the other thread:

On my PC it seems to be this; I had ZoneAlarm installed but not running, and I think the TrueVector engine was still running in the background and causing issues. I opened ZA, and when I tried to fire up the DR client got the "do you want to allow this program to access the internet" messages...clicked yes, and now updating quite happily.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
It's a new patch which means a new version of the game.dll. When a program changes, most firewalls will treat it as a new program and so you'll need to set access permissions again.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
There is also heavy load on the patchers at this time - and the number of connections is already at the maximum. If it's not a firewall problem on your PC then it's most likely a load problem here. Unfortunately there's not much that can be done in this case aside from keep trying to connect to the patcher. :(

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Yeah, I'd kind of asusmed that since ZA wasn't actually running it wouldn't throw its toys out of the pram, but apparently TrueVector has an enhanced toy-throwing capacity.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
[GOA]Erivoss said:
There is also heavy load on the patchers at this time - and the number of connections is already at the maximum. If it's not a firewall problem on your PC then it's most likely a load problem here. Unfortunately there's not much that can be done in this case aside from keep trying to connect to the patcher. :(
Yes, it's patching quite happily now, albeit at a princely 30KB/sec :p

Least it's working, which is the main thing. Slowness i can handle; total non-functionality I cannot.

Jozxyqk

Fledgling Freddie
well still no luck here, the university firewall is quite hefty, but i have opened up all the ports for it and its been fine for a long time.

unless i need to wait for a firewall update tommorow morning? if so that sucks :p

edit: and theres nothing on my comp im aware of that restricts daoc, or at least hasnt before

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Jozxyqk said:
well still no luck here, the university firewall is quite hefty, but i have opened up all the ports for it and its been fine for a long time.

unless i need to wait for a firewall update tommorow morning? if so that sucks :p

edit: and theres nothing on my comp im aware of that restricts daoc, or at least hasnt before

Go to:

start/run/msconfig

Check in the Services tab to see if TrueVector or anything similar is running.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Woot, I thought I was all alone out here ^^
Daoc has worked just fine for me until today as well, checked the firewall and the right ports are still opened.

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
and there you were... bragging this morning....

Remember??

"Dude... you should have got it from US and cd key from goa just like me... its going to be so much quicker. Im better then you etc. etc."

Well look whos laughing now!!

Mou haha!

Blackchaos

Fledgling Freddie
wtf im i still get the 201 error message all though firewall is allowing it or it's down...and i get it with every DAoC version(ToA,Cata..etc) what to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom