error 131 132 etc anyone else?

Bjaadi

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else getting these errors? ive tried evrything to go around them tried diffrent drivers for hardware update bios... tried the things on wows tech forum.. nothing works even reformatted and reinstalled today butstill getting these... anyone heard of a fix or similar? tried sending through web support but seems to be down...

legar

Loyal Freddie
check the official tech forums, they have a stick for both errors and a fix also.

along with a lot of suggestions.

should fix it for ya :clap:

Zede

Part of the furniture
The official tech forum sticky is next to usless, all they do is imply its your PCs fault, oh no cannot be blizzards dodgy programming.

Im having 131 errors, its driving me nuts.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Amazing lack of support from Blizzard

Im getting error 131, 132 constantly, and now cannot even install the game :/, after levelling a priest to L18.

Whats so shitty is these problems have been well known from the US release for a long time - the US tech forums are oddles of pages long with issue after issue surrounding these problems.

blizzards answer ? its your pc fault.

with 390k subscribers in europe this week, I guess they just dont give a shit, cause if the they did a suitable patch would be available. Trillions of US people basically beta tested the retail over there - and still blizzard have said fuck all to sort the problem - and released the game over here knowing full well loads of people would most definitely have problems - fuckers.

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
Actually you're the first one I've heard to have this problem ;) If you beleive they don't care, then I'll let you think so. I'm sure the staff at Blizzard are incompetant and don't understand the meaning of customer support. I mean pfft... ANYONE can throw out products that each sell millions of copies!

If they had a fix, you would have it. They're not ignoring the problem, but most likely not investing 90% of their time into that particular bug either. I hope...

Ziva

Fluffy
It might be a bug but like you said yourself with 390k subscribers and only a few having this bug would you say it was Blizzards fault?

I wouldn't say so and i can perfectly understand why they won't make a patch for a few people that have this bug. If so many people can run the game fine then i would check my own pc first and try a fresh install or something instead of blaming Blizzard :)

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Another tip: Don't use US client on EU as it has many incompatible stuff... Like crashing when doing an emote. Just download the EU version. I've not had a crash yet since release. And what's this 131 and 132 about?

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Ive gotten this thing 4-5 times over the last halfhour now...gotta use their temporary repair file and even repatch the game at times.

And he did say there was long posts about this on the US boards so I doubt its that uncommon.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Ziva said:
It might be a bug but like you said yourself with 390k subscribers and only a few having this bug would you say it was Blizzards fault?

I wouldn't say so and i can perfectly understand why they won't make a patch for a few people that have this bug. If so many people can run the game fine then i would check my own pc first and try a fresh install or something instead of blaming Blizzard :)

Ziva, DaoC is truly blessed to have someone with such words of wisdom, id have been fecked without this insight into whats wrong.

do you really think i aint tried everything under the sun already ?

if you had bothered checking instead of puttin into text the first drivel that came into your head, you would realise how wrong you are.

do me a favour, just go to the US forums, go to tech support, and post here again about this problem affecting "a few people"

The error 131 & 132 threads ......250,000 views & 40 pages of messages on US forums, yer just a few people.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
You haven't said what you've tried to fix it though. Presumably it's not a hardware problem, if you got to level 18 before the crashes. Is it the same character that keeps on crashing. Have you tried making new ones. At which point does it crash. Can you re-install it on a fresh windows install, and how long before it starts crashing then... etc etc

I guess all of that's been answered on the US thread, but I cba reading 40 pages of american whine :p

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
The thing that worries me the most is that they had threads and reports about this since the beginning on december and there still isnt a fix in sight nor any report, that Ive seen, stating that they are working on the problem or what they are doing.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Here's another tip for Zede: Sort your attitude out if you want to carry on posting here.

Bitching about Blizzard here is not going to solve your problem. What might get you some help is constructively posting details of what you have tried to fix it and maybe more details about the problem itself, not flaming people who offer honest advice or comment.

Edit: Can you please confirm that you downloaded and installed the European version, not converting the US one?

Zede

Part of the furniture
Jupitus said:
Here's another tip for Zede: Sort your attitude out if you want to carry on posting here.

Bitching about Blizzard here is not going to solve your problem. What might get you some help is constructively posting details of what you have tried to fix it and maybe more details about the problem itself, not flaming people who offer honest advice or comment.

Edit: Can you please confirm that you downloaded and installed the European version, not converting the US one?

Is that a threat Jupitus ?

See the US boards for the "problems" regarding this error, the corrective mesures people have suggested on there are some what varied. oh and sorry for being mearly human, nobody in your world ever get pissed off and feel the need to express it ? I was angry at ziva for the unneeded sarcasm, so live with it. The game is a fresh install from PC world bought last friday, no US version.

Syri

FH is my second home
Zede said:
Im getting error 131, 132 constantly, and now cannot even install the game :/, after levelling a priest to L18.

Whats so shitty is these problems have been well known from the US release for a long time - the US tech forums are oddles of pages long with issue after issue surrounding these problems.

blizzards answer ? its your pc fault.

with 390k subscribers in europe this week, I guess they just dont give a shit, cause if the they did a suitable patch would be available. Trillions of US people basically beta tested the retail over there - and still blizzard have said fuck all to sort the problem - and released the game over here knowing full well loads of people would most definitely have problems - fuckers.
see, i highlighted that section in bold, as it indicates that it worked before. was running fine. what importance does this make? well, generally, when something works fine, and then stops without being changed itself, it's something in it's operating environment that's caused it to stop working. get a thorough check done for any viruses or spyware, hell, format the bloody pc if you have to. that looks like the problem, if it worked to get your priest to 18, that means it installed before and played before. if it doesn't now, what's more likely? the installer re-wrote itself? the whole game re-wrote itself? or something on your pc changed?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Zede said:
Is that a threat Jupitus ?

It was a warning, yes. These are not the DAOC area and rules are different in terms of what we will tolerate. That said, I am glad you came back with a sensible answer.
See the US boards for the "problems" regarding this error, the corrective mesures people have suggested on there are some what varied.
I don't read the official forums tbh, maybe I should, but I find the whine factor beyond my tolerance level.
oh and sorry for being mearly human, nobody in your world ever get pissed off and feel the need to express it ? I was angry at ziva for the unneeded sarcasm, so live with it.

"Live with it" ? How about "No". Yes people get pissed off but there is nothing on Earth to stop you from pausing and thinking before you post your comments. That is what annoyed me most. Learn to think before you post and you will find you post more consructively and with more content in general. This is what I am hoping people will learn to adopt here in our WoW area.
The game is a fresh install from PC world bought last friday, no US version.

From what I have read there may be drivers that need updating.... what mobo and system are you using and have you updated all drivers ihncluding mobo?

Shortlegs

Regular Freddie
Jupitus said:
From what I have read there may be drivers that need updating.... what mobo and system are you using and have you updated all drivers ihncluding mobo?

In my case it was the AMD ATHLON 64 processor driver acting up. After upgrading I still crashed, but not so often. Turned out I had to downgrade my ATI graphics driver to make the computer rock stable.

So, it can be tricky to figure it out - spent a lot of time, but it is doable.

Also run a memory test btw, can be a faulty stick.

Best regards
Shorty

anin

Fledgling Freddie
I dont get that pple really not reading the WoW forums and take sometime too go true the topics. As i got the 131 bug yday and fixed it in 3 min or so.

131 error is about corrupted MPQ files. The devs have a update how to fix it.
The Fixtool they give will make you runn the game again.
Read:

This thread is designed to explain the Error #131 issue some of you have been encountering. First I would like to explain why this error occurs. Basically, the game will try to load a certain file from these MPQ files when requested, i.e. rendering a model, animation, or playing a sound. When it requests this file and it has a problem loading it correctly it crashes. The crash log will usually tell you which MPQ file causing the crash. This can be caused by a variety of things (outlined below).

Updated for version 1.2.1

We have a repair utility that can check your files and replace corrupted files as well. The utility is specific to the game version and a new file is generally up within a few days of a new patch. You can get the latest version available here http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/WoW/other/Repair.zip

If your game files are beyond repair, you will need to completely uninstall the game and delete the Game folder. Then reinstall the game.

Please go through each one of these steps thoroughly.

Checking your hard drive for errors

First run a full ScanDisk to see if the hard drive has any bad sectors or other problems.

Windows 98/Me

1. Click on the Start button and go to Run.
2. Type in "scandisk" (without quotes) and click the OK button.
3. Follow the prompts and select "Thorough" scandisk and let it run.
4. This will tell you if there are any problems on the hard disk.

Windows 2000/XP

1. Open My Computer, and select the local disk you want to check.
2. On the File menu, click Properties.
3. Click the Tools tab.
4. Under Error-checking, click Check Now.
5. Under Check disk options, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box and the automatically fix file system errors box.
6. Select yes to schedule after restart if a dialog box comes up prompting you to do so.
7. Restart your computer

Next run through a Defrag. You can use the one that comes with Windows, however I would suggest using PerfectDisk to defrag. You can find a trial version at:
http://www.perfectdisk.com/products/downloadit/perfectdisk2000_download.cfm

If you choose to use the Windows Defrag program, please follow these instructions:

Windows 98/Me

1. Click on the Start button and go to Run.
2. Type in "defrag" (without quotes) and click the OK button.
3. Follow the prompts to defrag your hard drive.
4. This will make the available space more usable by your programs.

Windows 2000/XP

1. Open My Computer, and select the local disk you want to check.
2. On the File menu, click Properties.
3. Click the Tools tab.
4. Under Defragmentation, click Defragment now.
5. Select volume to Defragment.
6. Click Defragment.

If the problem persists, other possible problems are:

a - RAM errors(bad RAM)
b - CPU problems. Possibly overheating.
c - Power supply problems. Marginal power supply can cause temporary disk failures.
d. Cabling problem (IDE cable to hard disk can cause a disk read to be corrupt)

First, I would like you to run through two different memory tests to thoroughly test your RAM. An errors reported means your RAM is bad. If you have multiple sticks of RAM, pull all but one out and run the memory tests. If you do not find error, try a different stick until you find the one with problems. Please visit the following links and use each memory test.

http://www.memtest86.com
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Next, run a CPU stress test to see if your CPU is generating errors. If it over clocked at all, please restore it the default speed. Please use Prime95 to stress your CPU. To run Prime95, please follow these steps:

1. Download the program from http://mersenne.org/gimps/p95v238.exe (Right click and Save As).
2. Install the program to the default folder, C:\Program Files\Prime95
3. When the program opens, click the "Just stress testing" button.
4. Now click the Options menu and click "Torture Test"
5. In this next window first choose the middle option, "In place large FFTs" to test your CPU for overheating and power consumption.
6. Click Ok to begin the test.

I would advise not doing this while you are working on your computer as it will severely decrease performance. You should also close any programs running at the time of this test.

The power supply may be a little trickier. This will really depend on your system and how many devices you have. Typically, if you are using a 450-500W power supply you should be fine. However, if oyu are using a 200-250W, you may want to try using a larger power supply if possible. If this is not possible, you may want to remove some devices form your computer to reduce the load on your power supply. What this means is removing any other hard drives you are not using, any CD-ROM drives, or PCI cards you do not need.

Finally, check to see that your IDE cables are attached properly. If so, please try using a different IDE cable. Also, try removing any other devices from that IDE channel. For example. If you have two hard drives, remove the Slave drive so you only have one hard drive on the Primary Master IDE channel.

Remember these are only troubleshooting steps, NOT fixes for the game. If you find that any of these solutions fix the problem, then that area of hardware in your computer is having problems. These steps are not a way to solve the problem, they are meant to point out the problem.

Posted here as pple not trying too look futher then there noses are :eek:
And the 132 bugg seems to be doing with the drivers of your vidoe or sound card or DirectX version. Update thise and mostly its will be fixed aswell. Uninstalling and reinstalling your video/sound/directx updates does miracles aswell. Good luck

Darac

Fledgling Freddie
I was getting these errors when my CPU was clocked from 2500xp to 3200xp even though the PC ran prime95 without errors (longest I ran it was 26 hrs or so). I set the CPU back to 2500xp and the errors went away!

Not happy with this and the fact that I got on average 20fps more with the CPU at 3200xp (which helps alot in places where it used to drop to 15fps) I tried a number of different things. Currently I seem to have it running 95% or so stable by reducing my APG apeture from 256 to 128! Don't ask me why this helped because I have no clue!

Garax

Fledgling Freddie
I as well had this error on US version while my PC was overclocked from 2500 to 3200 with an AMD chip. Knocked it down to core speed and everything ran smootly. Not had this problem happen with the UK version, however i have updated my gfx card to a 6800 ultra (so maybe the overclock and my old gfx card didnt like WoW)

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
I keep gettin this error in beta version and also in the new retail vers i installed yesterday ~~
Anyone know if there is a file fixer for latest patch , since the one i ve found aint workin for this version.
Really annoying.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Ziva said:

I suspect rather more people are having this problem than you think. Everyone I know who is playing the game has crashed out, more than once, due to an MPQ error or other error of some description. It usually happens to me once a day, twice if I'm on a long time, and in order to get back into the game I have to log out and log back in again. I'm not the only person having this problem I know, so its far from a "few" people as you suggest.

But thanks to Anin for the helpful post. I'll have a play with blizz fixit tool this evening and see if I have any luck.

Hendrich

Fledgling Freddie
Well just a quit note, I had the problems of crashes using the US version. I have not had any of these problems since receiving my UK version.

Also another note : Cosmos will sometimes cause these problems if you are using the older version, would suggest updating your cosmos if you do use it to the new version. Just go to the cosmos site and download the .exe file and use stable. It is both compatable with US and UK versions of WoW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom