Errm so Mauler spec

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Can the people who have had experience of Mauler's on US server please post your thought on the best spec's please.

Thanks

Eble

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
This is from someone elses advice on moos, so I cannot say if good or not.

Mooo Spec
my spec on merlin is

50fw
34 arua
19 ps
17 mag

RA's
TWF2
Purge 3
MoF3
ip 2
aug qui2
aug str2

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I was weird and went for 35 magnetism... low power strikes about 39 FW? but I've only played on pendragon :) not a lot of action, and I never got my template done...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
higher mag spec is nice for the "mauler guard" - it's a 5/10/15/20% resist to all... and it gives you back power.

I think I was:

36 Aura (8spbt, second hot)
35 Mag (15% shield, 40% pbaoe snare)
39 Fist wraps or staff
16 Power strikes (basically only used the end tap in there)

Not too terrible a spec - not got the huge damage output of the 50 FW specs but you do have a 15% resist vs _everything_ which also gives you power back very quick (and can be used on a groupmate). It's also got a 40% pbaoe snare which can be handy if you find a melee train.

However as I said above - it was on Pendragon and without an uber template... so YMMV.

PhiCa

Fledgling Freddie
On US i got a Mauler, went 50 Fist Wraps, 28 Aura and 32 Powerstrikes ... works great both pve and rvr tbh ... first 2 hots, first pbt, 13 absorb buff, good end drain + power drain and purp fumble debuff ...

pwned rr9 friar with that spec, so guess it aint that bad :p

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
With 4 stones available I was going to try a few specs out including 50 FW and 50 Staff to see which I prefer.

Initially I'm going try out 50 FW 36 AM 22 PS 7 Mag.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Just pick something that makes you farmable in RvR tbh :)

Lorgeil

One of Freddy's beloved
With 4 stones available I was going to try a few specs out including 50 FW and 50 Staff to see which I prefer.

Initially I'm going try out 50 FW 36 AM 22 PS 7 Mag.

... Well If you are going to try Staff dont waist the Point on going 50 staff... Point less
as you would get kills.. and you arn't realy able to solo with the 50FW 36AM 22PS 7MAG... trust me. as i have said go 34MS 46AM 34PS.. you will kick any FW maulers there is out there ;)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Anyone thought about ...

50 FW
36 Aura
21 PS
10 Mag

Thinking of going that on my celt mauler :D

Everz

FH is my second home
... Well If you are going to try Staff dont waist the Point on going 50 staff... Point less
as you would get kills.. and you arn't realy able to solo with the 50FW 36AM 22PS 7MAG... trust me. as i have said go 34MS 46AM 34PS.. you will kick any FW maulers there is out there ;)

ironic that most staff maulers are free rp then lorgeil, staff is only good at 50.. that backstyle (celerity buff) is worth it..

Lorgeil

One of Freddy's beloved
ironic that most staff maulers are free rp then lorgeil, staff is only good at 50.. that backstyle (celerity buff) is worth it..

Well i make like 500dmg on most hib class on my mauler, (Not to say that i play on a server were ppl has no skill at all in soloing bth) and i have tryed the FW spec i was free rps that way.. only "GooD" about FW is the DD styles.. were in Staff you both got Parry buffs. ABS. Str - Con - Str/Con Debuffs. Celerity buff ect. But Eversmallx try out Staff mauler and you see im right in this..

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Oh I see, so when I asked to buy a stone on /gu you looked the other way? Jack bastard :touch:
i get the same thing when i said i was gonna try some specs with the 27 stones i have :s dunno why i can't keep stones aside :p

anyhow i love staff, busting my head against a wall for a decent temp :)
and it looks better then FW, imo looks like u r willing to pee w/o hands

Everz

FH is my second home
Well i make like 500dmg on most hib class on my mauler, (Not to say that i play on a server were ppl has no skill at all in soloing bth) and i have tryed the FW spec i was free rps that way.. only "GooD" about FW is the DD styles.. were in Staff you both got Parry buffs. ABS. Str - Con - Str/Con Debuffs. Celerity buff ect. But Eversmallx try out Staff mauler and you see im right in this..

i have, i found it ace 1v1.. but when an add came you may aswell sat down. always prefered dual wielding xD

Arathan

Fledgling Freddie
Gonna try out:
39 Staff
40 PS
34 AM
7 Mag
on my mauler.
50 staff does not seem worthwhile, at least stylewise, and the 39 style would appear to be the last useful one while still getting me decent ws.
40 PS since you can easily get lots of power, at least solo, so the higher DDs seem worth it. Basically all the PS toys are useful at this level.
34 AM, second HoT, first health regen, best absorb, same evade buff as most vamps, pbt etc... The stuff in this line seems good enough at this level imo.
Leftovers are just enough for insta pbaoe root :>

MrBic

Part of the furniture
playing a 34 FW 34 PS 45 AM mauler atm and I love it.
tried staff for a while but never liked it.

if 2 maulers were fighting with the above spec except 1 was FW the other staff id bet my cash on the fw one. 2x weapons on red pbt beats a 2 hand weap. 2x procs is also nice and ofc its easier to template with FW cause you have a extra item.

as for the abs debuff and parry buff, you aint gonna get that off against another mauler very often.
Im gonna try to get hold of a 34 staff 34 ps 45 AM mauler to do some duels with and see:fluffle:

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
playing a 34 FW 34 PS 45 AM mauler atm and I love it.
tried staff for a while but never liked it.

if 2 maulers were fighting with the above spec except 1 was FW the other staff id bet my cash on the fw one. 2x weapons on red pbt beats a 2 hand weap. 2x procs is also nice and ofc its easier to template with FW cause you have a extra item.

as for the abs debuff and parry buff, you aint gonna get that off against another mauler very often.
Im gonna try to get hold of a 34 staff 34 ps 45 AM mauler to do some duels with and see:fluffle:

Hi bic, come back :(

MrBic

Part of the furniture
Im back.. just that im on US again and loving it :fluffle:
Come join me :sex:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom