Err, am I dying or not?

O

old.Mincer

In most areas I have to say UT is a very nice game, the way it even runs quickly on my voodoo1, the nice little extra tricks you can do with weapons etc...

But why can't they make it more obvious that you are nearly dead? you can be running around on 21 health and the only indication of this is that the health display flashes slightly.

Many other games have got this right, in quake2 for example your screen flashes deeper red as you lose health from more lethal weapons, you make more painful grunts and the health dispay turns a very obvious red, hence it is possible to tell how dead you are without turning your eyes away from the action.

It wouldnt be very hard to put this sort of thing in the game, so why dont they?

D

DApea!

Its a faster game than q2, maybe they did that for a reason.

G

erm, is that a serious reply?

I find the health indicator a bit difficult to read in UT as well. Too much eye candy on the interface. Be interesting to see if it can be tweaked at all.

O

old.Mincer

err, If it's a faster game you want it to be EASIER to know your health, not harder, so that you dont have to turn away from the action for even a fraction of a second

D

DApea!

k, k
smile.gif

Health monitors in games then :p

D

DApea!

No, you dont have to worry about health really.
Infact, i dont think there should be a health status thing.

It should just slow down like Action Q2, just limp etc.. bleed until you die. (of course you can fix urself tho)

health is boring, and i dont like it.

O

old.Brit

"health is boring, and i dont like it."

Thats the funniest thing I've heard in a while
smile.gif

--Brit--

O

old.Mincer

Is it, thats OK then

how do I customise it then?

or is it not implemented in the demo