erm why did my SI just patch itself to US 1.59 ?

K

kameh

This happened on Wednesday night, I've been using SI since without problems after a reinstall. Now yet again 22:30pm on Sunday night it's just downloaded another 6Mb of patching from the US servers. What on earth is going on? Am I being redirected to the US patching servers when the euro ones are busy or something?

Time to install SI and patch the damn thing for the third time :eek:

B

Brunore

Just edit the update.dat as the website tells you.

It will redownload the atch, no need for a reinstall.

H

healer_mcheal

mine just did the same, one thing, cant use that link any more as its turned back into right now, sooo, any one keep the instructions:confused:

F

Flimgoblin

easiest way (if you can't find the update.dat changes) is just to re-install the SI client...

bit of a pain though.

R

Ragnarok1978

Argh typical they removed it and I can't find anything when searching the FAQ...

You gotta change some IPs in the update.dat, if ti hasn't been resolved by the time I get home from work (Around 16:30 cet), I will just make my update.dat avail for you to download.

Or you could try contacting GOA, but as they said their support is hammered atm so that might not solve it for you.

Or perhaps some kind soul can list what their update.dat contains here in this thread.

H

healer_mcheal

would reinstall it, but i blew my cd rom up :rolleyes:

dont ask how as i dont know lol

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by healer_mcheal

Nerf Hibernian magic!!!!!!!!!!!!

F

Flimgoblin

try copying your normal DAOC update.dat (if that's still working with europe) and changing 'camelot' to 'isles'

F

Flimgoblin

just don't do it 10 times (even though I posted it that much)

nerf quintuple posts

H

healer_mcheal

i need some1 to post whats in there update.dat, i did that and now it crashes the patcher lol

A

Alrindel

The GOA update.dat should look like this:
Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

(there's only one European patch server but by listing it more than once you reduce the chance that the patcher will randomly decide to phone home and patch you to 1.60 US :rolleyes: )

K

Kobold

Originally posted by healer_mcheal

Careful with overcharging ;)

H

healer_mcheal

Originally posted by old.Eternal[EW]

Careful with overcharging ;)

lol, btw, i think SI phoned home again, as now im d/ling a 8.4mb patch, bit odd if u ask me, 4mb was the one we was ment to be getting, and 11mb for the us one, so what one am i dling now, ill tell ya when i get it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom