Erm some people.

Silver

Fledgling Freddie
Is there anything we can do about the guy selling speed hacks on ebay?

Wont post a link to it as dont think im allowed but, can i jsut say WTF!!!

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
plomien said:
report it to goa/mythic with the link

Although it's probably not illegal for them to sell the software, but if people pay for it and use it they can have no complaints when their account is insta banned... Speed hacks are about the easiest hacks to find as it's quite simple to work out if a player moves from a to b in less time than they could have according to their state in game at the time.

In fact it would be particually easy to automate against.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
In most games (first person shooters mainly) they got rid of speedhacks by changing something in the code (or adding something whatever), the servers detect someone moving at an unusual speed for their class/action and removes them from the server...

But i dont think Mythic thinks its worth the time/money to make such a thing for daoc, since about only 1% of the customers who whine about it leave the game cuz of these hacks..

Xplo

Banned
The only protection in daoc is against speedhack fyi, if someone goes faster then normal from point A to B, the server automatically reports the incident to the admins...

Apathy

Loyal Freddie
Good way to make money from gullible people on eBay though.

Check out the guys other items for sale. SEXEH!

a.

Chilly

Balls of steel
As long as everyone report suspected speed hackers, they will eventually get what is coming, goa DO ban accounts.

Apathy

Loyal Freddie
Pssst Chilly! j00 wanna buyz0r c0cK hAx? +10" guaranteed sweeeeeet! $24.99!

In other news, I just got my +50 blue star on eBay! Time for me to buy some more accounts. WOOOO!

There are some very odd DAOC-related things on eBay. My favourite was a £10 guide that taught you how to be the ULTIMATE FIRE WIZARD.

a.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom