Erivoss where are you?

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Any chance you could explain where the heck this insane lag is coming from ??

I have not seen anything in the news so far, nor any response in these forums that I could see..

This appears to have been going on since the DL url was made available for the NF client patch.

C'mon guys fess up, what is going on??.

We did a straw poll and found that all ISP were affected so this is not an isolated case of dodgy ISP routing..

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Checking for recent posts from him is far too sensible an approach for me to take :p

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Every pingplotter graph I've seen through RightNow or forum posts relating to the lag has shown the latency appears to be happening in Opentransit's hubs. Anyone who connects from outside the Greater Paris area will be routed through OT's international hub which is why it appears that everyone is suffering the lag. People (like me) who connect from Paris don't experience any unusual lag at all.

If you want to check for yourself then download Pingplotter and run a trace for 10-15 minutes.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
no offence but shock its opentransit AGAIN

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Requiel said:
Every pingplotter graph I've seen through RightNow or forum posts relating to the lag has shown the latency appears to be happening in Opentransit's hubs. Anyone who connects from outside the Greater Paris area will be routed through OT's international hub which is why it appears that everyone is suffering the lag. People (like me) who connect from Paris don't experience any unusual lag at all.

If you want to check for yourself then download Pingplotter and run a trace for 10-15 minutes.
And??

Since you deliver a Service to us paying costumers mayby its time to change ISP ?

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Thats the problem, don´t think they can change another ISP. Think they only got 1 in France or something 0_o

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Time to remove the Pain Riche <---spelling?, and put some fiber down the ground instead frenchies. :p

Tilda

Ckiller said:
And??

Since you deliver a Service to us paying costumers mayby its time to change ISP ?
Ckiller, iirc GOA are owned by opentransits parent company or somethign like that, so thats really not going to happen. Just making sarcy(sp?) comments isnt going to make a difference.
Aside, theres been no lag for me, and i'm in the UK.

Tilda

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Requiel said:

I Appreciate the post.

I'm already runing network monitoring tools and monitor all servers that I use regulary for performance/packet loss etc, this is mostly due to the fact ISP's generally hack me off :) - I like to back up my arguments about poor service with evidence, hence I have historical network performance from my various ISP's to services that I access for the last 2 years.

Opentransit, if I recall is actually a France telecom company or it was when I had routing issues sometime ago, I got no responses to any of my messages, even though I sent them to thier RIPE listed contact (An RFC requirement). I was luckly in that the issues went away after a few days.

I'm reluctant to log a rightnow for this as I too beleive that OT is the issue, the question is how do we get it fixed?

I understand that GOA are in the middle somewhat, I have logged the issues through both my ISP's and I suggest that GOA do the same. Nildram and NTL both told me that Peering/hosting issues are a big problem to resolve as there is a blame culture with this sort of thing, but at the moment you have some pretty upset customers.

I cant beleive that this is a isolated incident, Nildram my primary ISP hosts for Jolt, both these ISP's are having issues with packet loss to your servers, Pipex (now own Nildram) is in the same boat as is AOL, Blueyonder & BT, if I had to guess I would say a significant portion of your UK customer base is either using the above ISP's or there are peering/hosting arrangments in place.

Where do we go from here?

Perhaps this is a cunning plan to get the whole of the UK on to Freeserve (A wannadoo company) :flame:

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Tilda said:
Ckiller, iirc GOA are owned by opentransits parent company or somethign like that, so thats really not going to happen. Just making sarcy(sp?) comments isnt going to make a difference.

Tilda
Who is your ISP??

Most ISP's within the UK have differant peering arrangements and hence differant routes to Europe and the rest of the world.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:

Tilda

But playing the blame-game will help?

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
Fo rthose who seem unsure.

GOA is owned by Wanadoo, who are owned by France Telecom, who own OpenTransit.

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
Jayce said:
Fo rthose who seem unsure.

GOA is owned by Wanadoo, who are owned by France Telecom, who own OpenTransit.
So it's:

.............France Telecom................
............/.....................\...............
Wanadoo.......................Opentransit

?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom