Equilibrium

S

shanks

Stylistic b-action meets Matrix meets 1984. Interesting enough. The "gun fighting" was kinda silly but otherwise it's a nice movie.

C

cHodAX

It was 'OK', with a bigger budget they could have developed a very interesting idea into something much more substantial.

U

Urgat Rip-Eye

Originally posted by shanks
Stylistic b-action meets Matrix meets 1984. Interesting enough. The "gun fighting" was kinda silly but otherwise it's a nice movie.

Are you on glue?

The gun Kata was awsome, easily one of the highlights of the film.

Equilibriam is in every way > Matrix films.

Better story, better acting, better fight scenes.

Better movie

C

cHodAX

Matrix 3 is looking like it will have a completly stupid ending, screener reviews from the states have trashed it beyond words. They say all the good work done in the first film has been sh*t all by the follow up's :( Let's just hope they are wrong.

B

bulge

Saw Reloaded and thought it was distinctly average :(

It was in dire need of some judicious pruning (once you've seen 20 agent Smith's.......)

However, saw the trailer for Revolution and it sparked my interest again, it looked like it had some interesting stuff.

Hope the americans just didn't like it and its great....

A friend also recommended Equilibrium so I am gonna check it out.

O

old.Tohtori

Matrix: People loved it because it was new. Something before-unseen.

Matrix Reloaded: People expect to be "AWED!" again when the makers can't repeat(not yet) the amazing shock effect Matrix gave. They don't get the same shock and say it's crap.

All in all, Matrix should be, always, be watched...as an action movie. Take a look at Arnolds productions, commando, Eraser, or any other action movie there is. It's not about the plot, the plot is there so there's something else then cars blowing up and/or sex while bullets fly through windows and people.

Go watch it. Hate it, love it(like i did immensly) but leave the artsy-fartsy "This was no Qubric movie" comments to the wine and cheese parties with the 10 foot pole. This ain't an artmovie, it's action.

*nods*

N

Nightchill

I agree with something Tohtori said!

/me cries

S

shanks

Im talking about matrix effects like, similarties stop there.

And for the record, matrix 2 was just yawn, fights without reward sucks. Like 20 min fights all ending in neo running away. Repat 4-5 times and you have matrix 2. Oh and they had some really odd scene were they dance for some odd reason.

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by shanks

You gotta be kidding , that movie ROCK'S !!!!

S

shanks

I said it was nice, that not good enough for you? Bastards ;(

O

old.job

I was always amazed by the 'never seen before' reaction to Matrix.

That story line must be one of the top 5 dragged out Sci-fi topics.

'It's all a computer program'

May I say OLD!!!!!!!

I love it though, Keanu is a wooden actor, trinity has a fat ass, Morpheus moves like geriatric, and the script is so full of holes you just have to take a leap of faith to follow it.

The only cool guy in it, is agent Smith.

K

klavrynd

it's lonely in the "matrix stinks" club

dont tell me im the only member

J

Jonaldo

The Matrix was ok, nice special effects and stuff. Reloaded was utter waz apart from when he bashed all the Smiths about with the big pole.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.job
I was always amazed by the 'never seen before' reaction to Matrix.

That story line must be one of the top 5 dragged out Sci-fi topics.

'It's all a computer program'

May I say OLD!!!!!!!

I love it though, Keanu is a wooden actor, trinity has a fat ass, Morpheus moves like geriatric, and the script is so full of holes you just have to take a leap of faith to follow it.

The only cool guy in it, is agent Smith.

Har di har har... never before seen as in the effects. :p

Hell, Lord of the Rings is stinking old and rotting in the grave plotwise(and yes it was written in the stoneage i know.

Have to agree on Smith being the coolest kid on the block though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom