Eq

G

Genesis_of_Ak

Been reading some EQ posts on Necromancer

The Everquest graphics seem similar to DaoC. How's the support and gameplay differ ? What about EQ2 ?

O

old.Ramas

No PvP/RvR worth mentioning and no realm based structure.

*Much* longer levelling process.

*Much* more PvE content.

*Much* more focus on gathering leet itamz.

No 'speccing' concept, and so less variation between characters of the same class.

High end game is based upon a large number of Sidi style raidable zones and dungeons.

Raids, like a sidi raid, take many full groups and many hours to complete.

EQ2 is looks like more of the same, only with better graphics and possibly slightly a more skill based structure.

Also don't expect EQ2 before middle of next year at least.

But if you like sidi raids and levelling, but hate RvR - then EQ or EQ2 is probably a good bet.

R

rure

Getting good ITAMZ in EQ is so much harder there than in DAoC. And the epic quests........ to do some of the epic quests you need the amount people that requires on a relic raid to kick the mobs lilly ass. Plus there are soooooo much camping on the quests, I know some guys that had to camp a mob for 200 hours before they got him to spawn.

But oh... the raids (PVE ofc) are so much better and fun in DAoC imho. Only tricky thing is that they start about 2 am CET, since we are a few hours a head of them.

But as Ramas said, if you like lvling and dislike RVR, play EQ.

/Edit: And if you ding after you ding, you will ding back to the last lvl. Which is very annoying.

M

moo_work

why the fuck would anyone want to level up when theres no rvr/pvp endgame?

R

rure

Originally posted by moo_work
why the fuck would anyone want to level up when theres no rvr/pvp endgame?

after I stopped playing EQ and started playing DAoC I've asked myself that a few times. Tbh, I cant come up with a good answer, but it was helluva fun.

O

old.Affydaffymezu

I played Eq for two years and couldn't have said it better...

One thing Eq has that i miss horribly:

Getting drunk! In Eq you could get drunk and you would really start walking strafing, hitting trees and your screen would go completely tunnelvision.

You have not truly experienced the mmorpg feeling if you haven't attained a naked drunken newbie dash, all naked level 1's running their feet off :clap:

Afun Mindbreaker
First Cohort

/y Donating for da quickyfeets, paying well for stacks of bonechips!

R

rure

Originally posted by old.Affydaffymezu
I played Eq for two years and couldn't have said it better...

One thing Eq has that i miss horribly:

Getting drunk! In Eq you could get drunk and you would really start walking strafing, hitting trees and your screen would go completely tunnelvision.

You have not truly experienced the mmorpg feeling if you haven't attained a naked drunken newbie dash, all naked level 1's running their feet off :clap:

Afun Mindbreaker
First Cohort

LOL getting drunk! that was great but it could be very dangerous! Getting drunk in that elf town (forgot the name) that was built high up in the trees could be very dangerous!

And dunno if any of you remember this but: "/Shout SPECC TO DOCKS!!"

bah.. this makes me miss EQ. :p

G

g0ldenbone

Originally posted by rure
after I stopped playing EQ and started playing DAoC I've asked myself that a few times. Tbh, I cant come up with a good answer, but it was helluva fun.

surely the fact it was fun is enough ;)

O

old.Affydaffymezu

OMG at the memories:

7 shades/speccs with huge scythes killing all the groups hunting on crocs in oasis marr.

Another one:
- Do you remember the first time hunting giants in group? trying to hit em, not bigger then their feet...

- For the dark elfs among us: Need help with sergeant Slate! Slate to tunnel!

- the sunday evening auctions in west commonlands: 200 people all yelling, auctoning literally hundreds of items, common to very very rare... There sure was alot more economy in eq

then: Grifts (sure)
level 54 shadowknight
Minions of Darkness (i think... been a long while;))
Druzzil Ro server

Giftsz (or something)
level 38ish necromancer
Rallos Zek pvp server

now:
Afun Mindbreaker
First Cohort

P

Pocyourhontas

Played EQ for almost 3 and a half years on and off. It is just different to DAOC is all that can be said.

You get a lot more trouble with snoptty nosed 12 year old yanks but the game itself is good.

Very quest orientated.

And as for no RVR, maybe not, but DAOC doesnt have the Plains does it ? a set of very very hard high level zones that u port up to - they are murder, mobs summon you and all sorts.

R

rure

Originally posted by old.Affydaffymezu

Another one:
- Do you remember the first time hunting giants in group? trying to hit em, not bigger then their feet...

- For the dark elfs among us: Need help with sergeant Slate! Slate to tunnel!

- the sunday evening auctions in west commonlands: 200 people all yelling, auctoning literally hundreds of items, common to very very rare... There sure was alot more economy in eq

lol those giants were huge... and that Cazel in Oasis, he had such a nasty hp regen noone could solo him. they said he regained 300hp every tick.

but you dark elfs had it easy in the "Overthere" with that "General". As soon as someone said "/ooc General at ledge" you could see me FD. (I played a monk, got him to lvl 51)

Some of my friends was amused of just sitting in the tunnel and watch the auction spam. You always found something new you wanted!

D

deffy

Most people who ever played it properly seem to like it, but I got to lvl 35 before the xp rate just got stupid. tbh I don't know how I got to 35, it was possibly the stupidest and most boring thing I've ever done. I also never understood the endgame, become uber so you can become... err more uber and beat someone with crap gear in a duel ;)

O

old.Affydaffymezu

Ye, you could really get wealthy just by buying stuff low and selling it high ...

Afun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom