Epic salvaging!

N

)nick(

How much is an epic jerkin worth if a high level crafter salvages it?

N

)nick(

You can't in this patch - it would take so long to salvage that the item would dissapear.

But for the people who dont need it, as they have better, it would be a nice source of income.

C

CliffyG

Forgive my stupidity but what does salvaging do and what do you have to do to do it.

That sentence looks sooo wrong but is actualy fine :p.

N

)nick(

You drop the item you want to salvage and whilst selecting it type /salvage. That way it returns some of the materials that have been used to make. The higher the lvl of the crafter salvaging it the more raw materials you get back.

M

Meatballs

theres some posts about this on the tradeskills board over at camelotvault.ign.com

K

Khalen

Originally posted by -nicolas-
You drop the item you want to salvage and whilst selecting it type /salvage. That way it returns some of the materials that have been used to make. The higher the lvl of the crafter salvaging it the more raw materials you get back.

As far as I know something never salvages more material then intended... the only thing that differs is the time but that's gonna change soon as well...

D

Draylor

Ill happily test it for you when 1.53 arrives.

For a small fee of course ;)

Edit: Khalen's post above is correct - the amount of materials returned are reduced if the crafters skill is not high enough. Dont try salvaging anything with a skill of 1 - the item will disappear instantly ;)

Y

Yussef

With a metalworking skill of 1050 I salvaged someones epic Armsman armour, only got 80 arcanium in total!

L

lairiodd

As far as I know something never salvages more material then intended... the only thing that differs is the time but that's gonna change soon as well...

This is true, as long as the crafter has enough skill you will always get the max amount. However, you can get alot less if the crafter's skill is to low. It is possible that you will get nothing (and destroy the item) if it is way to high skill. Also, the time is equal to the number of bars salvaged in seconds, so an item that salvages for 150 bars takes 150 secs to salvage. As far as I know time does not depend on crafter skill.

B

Blood

people on the US servers have begun selling their epic armors for large amounts of plat, i read about someone who had sold his skald epic armor for 12p, a shadowblade that sold his epic armor for 8p etc.

O

old.Emma

lol the ultimate twinkage :D buy someones epic armour to use earlier than 50 :p

A

Archeon

Originally posted by -nicolas-
It has a level requirement of 50 :)

And TL weaponary has a level requirement of lvl 47, but you still see people using them at lvl 35+ :)

O

old.chesnor

TL weaponary has a proc requirement of 46 or 47, but you can use it before that.

I often see n00bs in the bgs running around with their flaming TL sword OMG I AM SO LEET LOOK AT MEH SWORD. Muppets.

Some items have a lvl requirement, epic is one of them afaik. Need to be 50 to equip it.

L

lairiodd

Im pretty sure you dont need to be 50 to use epic armour ... in fact you dont need to be 50 to get you own for some classes in hib. Basically, you do the level 47 part of the quest, then you group with a level 50 who is doing the level 50 part of the quest and then you kill the level 50 end of quest mob (he only half spawns if you arent level 50). So if there is a level 50 (who is on that part of the quest) in the group he spawns correctly so you can be in a group that kills him and get the quest item then return to tir na nog and get your epic armour. I guess that this probably would count as a bug exploit so hopefully I have been vague enough :)

Having said that it is possible that that has been changed in 1.52 ... though I did lend my epic haubrek to a low level shade who wanted to try it on (hmm maybe im over trusting :) ) and he could equip it, dunno how recently that was. They are class restricted but dunno if they are level restricted

BTW whats a TL weapon ... best I can guess is team lead weapon ... but that makes no sense :)

A

Archeon

Originally posted by old.chesnor

Some items have a lvl requirement, epic is one of them afaik. Need to be 50 to equip it.

I swear to god you don't have to be 50 to wear epic armour, mainly because one of my guild mates borrowed a skalds epic armour for 5mins to see how she'd look it in and she didn't have any problems putting it on (or giving it back, against my advise ;))

S

SilverHood

TL weapons are Twilight Weapons that drop in spindelhalla

They are lvl 45-47 and utter pants, hence you see people running about ith them in the BG's.... swords have a flaming effect :p

P

[PS]Venom

You DON'T need to be 50 to equip epic armour. I lent mine to a level20 paladin friend so she could see what it looks like on.

I intend on lending my armour to a couple of guildies so they can terrorise people in the battlegrounds with it... ;)

O

old.giriam

As far as I remember a post on the vnboards stated that a 1k+ crafter gets ~2.2p out of the hero epic armor, thats probably trinketing and the whole ordeal.

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom