Can't get enough of FH

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
yes, i want all class epics, not 4 ..

reaver esp.

+its 4 links, i want 1 site with all ze epics :p

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i got my old pally epic i had ages ago in my house vault. Will that still be the old stats or is it new?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Why do ppl still get epic armour when you can solo a few simple ToA quests and get MP AF100 / AF102 ?

Casiraghi

Loyal Freddie
Lamp said:
Why do ppl still get epic armour when you can solo a few simple ToA quests and get MP AF100 / AF102 ?

Because Epics will be changed in 1.79 and actually a few good parts in some of them :)

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Casiraghi said:
Because Epics will be changed in 1.79 and actually a few good parts in some of them :)
Actually, no epics are changed. You just get another set of epic armor. The old ones remain, however they wont be questable anymore. Mythic just removed the link on your trainer giving out the epic quests. So people with pre-1.79 epics will have two sets of epic gear once they also do the new quests. So you don't actually have to do the current epics for later. ;) It will not save you any time or anything.

Casiraghi

Loyal Freddie
Deepflame said:
Actually, no epics are changed. You just get another set of epic armor. The old ones remain, however they wont be questable anymore. Mythic just removed the link on your trainer giving out the epic quests. So people with pre-1.79 epics will have two sets of epic gear once they also do the new quests. So you don't actually have to do the current epics for later. ;) It will not save you any time or anything.

Well they are changed then :) and yes I know the old ones remain. I've read somewhere which i cant find/remember anymore that if you have your "old" epics done you can start at a later step on the new ones. Dont know if that is true though :)

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
From 1.79 patch notes:

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

This version introduces the newly redone Epic Quests which begin at level five and are spaced out at five level intervals concluding at level forty-five. They have been designed to be more player friendly through the use of instancing, reduced travel time, and common goals once the players reach higher levels. This should allow guilds and groups to finish their quests together rather than taking turns to help finish each other's quests.

The Epic Quests begin by introducing players to influential NPCs, the lore associated with their class and guild, then progresses to telling the story of the enemies of the realm. The level five through twenty-five quests will occur in existing areas of the game, with players needing the help of a few friends for the level twenty-five encounter. The first instanced dungeon is introduced at level thirty and is the last guild specific quest. The level thirty-five to forty-five quests are undertaken by all classes of the realm and require exploration of an instanced dungeon with a group of players.

The rewards for the quests have also been updated, including a new set of level fifty-one armor upon completion of the level forty-five quest. The bonuses and spells on the armor have been updated to make the suits more useful.

Players who completed the Epic Quest prior to this version and wish to receive the new epic armor may do so by completing the new version of the Epic Quest. Class trainers will offer these players the option to advance to the level thirty portion of the quest after the level five quest has been accepted. Players are not required to possess their old Epic armor suits to do the new Epic Quest.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:

This is incorrect.

The new epics are quite snazzy. Certainly the new epic Pally set that the TL put up on the Drunken Friar is a big improvement over the old one. All the epic pieces now have procs as well as cap increase bonuses.

New Pally Epic

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Sendraks said:
This is incorrect.

The new epics are quite snazzy. Certainly the new epic Pally set that the TL put up on the Drunken Friar is a big improvement over the old one. All the epic pieces now have procs as well as cap increase bonuses.

New Pally Epic
I never said the new epics aren't good or look bad. I'm just saying they aren't physically changing the old epics. The old epics remain how they are, all they did was add new items to the game and set the trainers to give out those in the future instead. They haven't removed the old epics, nor did they retroactively change the stats of the old epics. As such, the old epics aren't changed. :p

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
I never said the new epics aren't good or look bad. I'm just saying they aren't physically changing the old epics.

My apologies, I just read the opening line of your post...

Deepflame said:
Actually, no epics are changed.

...to imply that no changes to the Epics were being made, but that there were simply new quests to obtain them.

Deepflame said:
The old epics remain how they are, all they did was add new items to the game and set the trainers to give out those in the future instead. They haven't removed the old epics, nor did they retroactively change the stats of the old epics. As such, the old epics aren't changed. :p

This is much clearer than what you said originally.:)

Serosh

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
I never said the new epics aren't good or look bad. I'm just saying they aren't physically changing the old epics. The old epics remain how they are, all they did was add new items to the game and set the trainers to give out those in the future instead. They haven't removed the old epics, nor did they retroactively change the stats of the old epics. As such, the old epics aren't changed. :p

Correct, if you started/finished your old epic before the new one is implemented, you can get both the old and new version. The old epics aren't removed, but the level requirement to start it will be set to lvl 99 ;)

Some epic armours get new skins (thanes I know for sure, hunters as well I think, dunno about alb/hib ones), and you can get your epic armour at lvl 45 instead of 50. Overall the stats are nice, but tbh if you have a ToAed character it won't be worthwile to redo your template.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Serosh said:
Correct, if you started/finished your old epic before the new one is implemented, you can get both the old and new version. The old epics aren't removed, but the level requirement to start it will be set to lvl 99 ;)
The first time I read how Mythic did that I was like "Gee, what a hack!". :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom