Epic Mobs

D

_dalmar_

For 2 nights now my guild has organised a epic mob hunt for its members and after meeting at Snowdonia station we have been greeted by Larger guilds telling us they had "booked" these mobs. Kinda confused to how the hell u can book a mob in a game like this and even then where is this list/thread stating when the mobs are booked?

S

Skaven

Er, then they're talking a pile of bullshit mate. Even if a list were to be made on barrysworld it would be worthless - not everyone who plays daoc reads this board.

If they tell you this again just tell them where to get off and carry on with your hunt.

IMO it's always been first come first served.

O

old.chipper

first come first server words i live by :)

Y

-yoda-

Ignore them and go kill the epics .

theres enough epics there . the group who told u to leave were being greeedy , tell em to feck off n go kill the ones they dont kill :) . there is a silent code for not taking others exp camps . but no such code for a whole zone of epic mobs .

S

=Shazzy=

Originally posted by _skaven
Er, then they're talking a pile of bullshit mate. Even if a list were to be made on barrysworld it would be worthless - not everyone who plays daoc reads this board.

Yeah so true...

K

K0nah

name and shame, name and shame!

very obviously lame behaviour. the only way u "book" the epic mobs in barfog is by doing a /who barfog, if noones there then ur hunt is on, if there are hi lvls there then leave it for another day as the respawn times can be from 5mins to several hours.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Please name the guild.
They are so full of shit. You cannot book a whole damn zone for your own drop/xp pleasure. Just go ahead and kill mobs that are not camped.
Now, if a team is at an xp spot, and you bump in, sure they can tell you to f off, but claiming Lynn Barfog for your own guilds pleasure... Ow.. please name the guild. Bunch lf lvl 50 noobs, probably bought their accounts...
Regards, Glottis

F

Flimgoblin

Just so you know - the only thing that's illegal in the CoC is leeching xp - i.e. hitting something they're already fighting..

there's no 'camp protection' in DAoC - that's Everquest :)

It's generally polite not to pull from a place that's already camped if there's not enough monsters to support it (just means both groups end up with crap xp - see Tanglers, Pygmy Goblin for reference)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Fingoniel
It's generally polite not to pull from a place that's already camped if there's not enough monsters to support it (just means both groups end up with crap xp - see Tanglers, Pygmy Goblin for reference)

Bah Fingoniel, I have to agree with you yet again... Hate that.
I know there is no code of conduct for claiming some xp spot, and I also know most DaoC players who steal a xp spot are just inmature achne covered teenagers, but it still bothers me.
And I keep hoping that people would stop overcamping certain spots :)
Regards, Glottis

O

opoc

Why can't you all play nice :)

It's whoever was there firsts place I say.

Also more than one guild could go to LB for epic mob hunting, doing a /who might show others but you could go kill the other epic mobs, if they aren't allready in combat :)

B

briton_knight

uvealways been to kind m8, just tell em to piss off and go kill

B

Belsameth

tho Name and Shame does have it's benifits, it's generally more polite to not name the downright silly guilds that thought they could book em.
can't even get angry about it, it's just too sad.

while I'm at it tho, I'd like to reserve the Gobs in Lyonesse for myself tonight, so I better not see you pull there! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom