Epic Dungeon Armor

S

StormriderX

How do albs/middies rate the armor dropped in tg/sidi?

Was just wondering how hib armor compares cause looking at the stats they are worse than epic armor in most cases. The procs are also really poor - 95 dd on every piece -_-

A

Aule Valar

procs are the same, stat wise i think the pieces are individually better than epics in general, however they have + to all skills, even +xbow on the arms one

C

Carlos Bananos

owned in every way possible by SCed, only reason to possibly collect would be the necklasses from King/queen

A

Archeon

Last TG hunt i was on we ended up with 4 pieces of loot people didn't want (ok, there was only 1 BD and we got 2 BD staffs...)

But yeah on the most part the TG armour isn't anything special, sure its 100% AF02 but thats about it. I think the reason is because it trys to accomodate for all possible specs and thus is not as good as it could possibly be (E.g. the savage TG boots have +3 axe, and the sleeves have +3hammer. or somthing like that)

But then not much Mythic can do about that unless they add a code that determins your primary stat and creates a kind of omni-stat that changes depending on who wears it (E.g. Hammer specced savage, omni-stats detects that hammer spec is high after doing a check for other piece of TG armour with omni-stat it adjusts to the highest specced stat, Not including specs that you didn't spec in or that auto-trained)

Still thats highly unlikely to happen, so i guess we'l be stuck with armour that while isn't total shite isn't exactly that great considering they arn't the most commen of drops... really the only thing TG armour has over anything else is the whole 'special necklace' thing it has going for it.

E

Ekydus

Stats of my Sidi Breastplate.

Vigilant Oathbinder Warplate.

Stats:

Usable by Paladin.

Magical bonuses:
- Slash 3 pts.
- Two Handed 3 pts.
- Strength 21 pts.
- Constitution 27 pts.

Level Requirement:
- Level 49.

Magical Ability:
Function: Heal.
Value: 180.
Target: Self.
Casting time: 3.0 secs.
Armour Modifiers:
- 102 Base Factor.
- 100 Clamped Factor.
- 34% Absorption.
- 100% Quality.
- 100% Condition.

Effective Armour:
- 151 Factor.

Decide for yourself.

L

loxleyhood

The armour is only uber when you have a full set + an apoc neckie. Having pow/health/end regen all the time makes it incredibley uber, but stats wise, you can sc armour with better imbue.

E

Ekydus

On a side note many people have argued over this question.
a) Should I evolve a SC set around my Sidi Breastplate, or go for a normal SC set.

And a new question that I would like to pose, is:

b) What is better in your eyes? A full Sidi set + necklace, or a SC set.

K

katt!

Originally posted by Aule Valar
procs are the same, stat wise i think the pieces are individually better than epics in general, however they have + to all skills, even +xbow on the arms one

/treniel

I

inuyasha

Originally posted by Ekydus
On a side note many people have argued over this question.
a) Should I evolve a SC set around my Sidi Breastplate, or go for a normal SC set.

And a new question that I would like to pose, is:

b) What is better in your eyes? A full Sidi set + necklace, or a SC set.

full sc set beats all :p

I have full sc, and it cant be better case i get everything capped .P

A

Aule Valar

if possible i'd say work you class vest in, one it looks fancy, and more importantly the heal proc, which owns ablative

I

inuyasha

I rahter have all capped then look fancy, but if both is a option, go for the fancy one! ^_^

T

Tigerius

Across the board I'd say that the Torso part healprocs are good enough to be incorporated into most SC setups, carrying the main part of the epic graphics with them it can look pretty cool too those aside there are plenty of parts that individually hold low 60's utility which make them usable as either a "cheaper" substitution of an MP or for the intention of a full set down the line or just for epic graphics. Alot of parts though, especially for classes with drastically different specs, hold Skill bonuses that range from at worst useless (+Xbow) to fairly commonly uncombinable with other skills of other set parts.

Only really interesting options are:
a) Going for full set + boss End/Power necklace, do your best farming ROG Jewlery & imbuing Weapon+Shield to come close to cap but accept a fate of not having everything capped and hope the regen makes up for it.
b) Use the Hauberk + some single selected part, not for their utility value but to either save you MP money or just to look a bit fancier. And the healproc.

In general I'd say very few parts from the epic dungeons hold anything so interesting as to actually make it worth the time investment, the things of interest across the board would be: Lifetap weapon procs, Damage Add procs (for soloers), Heal reactive procs, 150pt ablative procs, weapons with slower then craftable swingspeed and last but not least a unique appearance. Oh and in the odd occasion, Endreg 3.

G

Gorb

One question is money also. You can spare lots of money with a dropped hauberk. Not everyone have the money needed to get 99+% hauberk with sc and alchemy.

O

old.LandShark

Can anyone honestly say they'd rather have a full suit of Sidi armour and a regen neckie, than a full suit of SC'd and even just one Sidi-dropped reactive? Lifedrain active proc, 150pt ablative reactive, 180pt heal reactive, 11dps dmg add reactive/active, etc etc...

Btw Ekydus, don't you look a bit silly with that sweet epic-graphic hauberk and plain plate graphics everywhere else? (assuming you use an SC suit at all that is)

E

Ekydus

At the moment I wear Epic and I use the Sidi Breasplate as my chest piece, so i'm kinda multi-coloured.
I'm currently levelling my Necromancer so as I can pay off debts and get some SC.

But... It's getting harder and harder because 2 days in a row now someone has uninstalled Dark Age of Camelot from the machine and today whoever did it has taken my Shrouded Isles disc and hidden it.

E

Ekydus

Well I know who hid it now... I also found it inside another computer game box...

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Perhaps it is a subtle hint like...

DO SOME WORK!!!11 :p

M

moo_work

but they give perma end regen 2 ! pwn !

if u get the whole set + neck ;-/

I

inuyasha

Originally posted by Ekydus
Well I know who hid it now... I also found it inside another computer game box...

if this happen to be your gf i would log out, ditch those breatplates and kiss her mkay? ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom