Epic Armours

O

old.Wildfire

Afternoon all, I decided to collect together all the pictures of epic armour (good pictures anyway, one of each class) that I could find, and have got a fair few, but some are still missing and I was wondering if any of you could help.

I remembered a post I'd found on here that linked to a US site with pics, so I went and got everything I could there. At the moment I have:

http://www.teamshs.com/wildfire/daoc/epic/armsman.jpg

(substitute the class names for the other classes as follows: berserker, cabalist, champion, cleric, eldritch, friar, healer, hero, hunter, mentalist, minstrel, paladin, runemaster, scout, shadowblade, shaman, skald, thane, warden, warrior, wizard)

This means that I'm missing (in no particular order): mercenary, infiltrator, sorcerer, theurgist, bard, druid, nightshade, enchanter, ranger, spiritmaster, blademaster.

If anyone could help out with these it'd be greatly appreciated. Alternatively if people want to sit around chatting about the armours I have no objection :p

K

Khalen

I heared that the helmet which goes with the epic armor is not even a full helmet but a cap :(
(armsman one)

O

old.chipper

yeah think it is khalen paladin and cleric is prob best epic for albion

oooo u know what this mean all armsmen will be nipple heads hahahahahaa

T

Tigerius

Aye Arsmen get the plate cap and Pala's the full bucket.

What's really upsetting is that no helmets at all have altered graphics. Scouts and Infils still have to wear that same silly cap. Helmets are like next to Torso piece the most prominent feature, and left completely basic. Pffft.

O

old.Zold

wtf is that friar staff man it looks uber cool

D

Draylor

Cant resist saying it: The armsman epic armour looks terrible.

Dyed black (these pics are un-dyed, I cant remember where i saw the black version) it looks better, but still pretty awful.

Add to that the AWFUL open helm and I have to wonder why Mythic bothered with different skins for the epic armours at all.

My opinion on the helm isnt helped by the fact that my armsman was designed to be as ugly as possible - since he would be hiding under his helm, noone would ever know ;)

Still, 63 little bubbles of xp and a few patches to go before Ill ever be able to wear it - assuming my patience doesnt run out first.

L

Light

Still think the infil looks like someone shat it out :(

B

belth

Originally posted by Light
Still think the infil looks like someone shat it out :(

Atleast they changed the cloak to hooded... I'd absolutely refuse to use a non-hooded one, looks dumb on infils...

O

old.LandShark

i object to minstrel one having a picture of a flute on the front of a leather apron thingy with a chain skirt. Even if it didn't look rather phallic the way they've drawn it, a FLUTE ffs? Hardly terror-inspiring.

and Dalby.... pfff, all casters of all realms have ownage epic armor graphics. Definitely unique-looking.

edit: Zold, that friar staff is either the stately quarterstaff (King of Barfog hills drop) or some cheaparse red-glowing DF staff. Think it's the stately tho.

D

Dalby

every puke is unique, thats right

cmon you must be kidding? dont tell me you like it

way too many colors ... it is a colorbook from a 5 year old :-/

ok thats a bit overreacted, the sleeves are ok.... :p

A

Addlcove

I like the wiz and the pally armor, and the friar staff give me me eme :)

C

Cerverloc

I really hate the fact that we gonna wear buckets again(armsman) I had to wear one between lvl30 35 and I was glad when I found a full again. Needed counceling ffs with that silly cap. I wasn't getting any dates anymore. They all made fun of me.

RvR was useless. They aren't affraid for me anymore now they see me with a silly cap.

WHY OH WHY!!! Mythic you need inspiration coz this stinks. Make a full helmet for both pally and armsman and make some flames on the armsman and wings on the pally helmet. Ohh and give the middies some horns on their head. Their middies ffs.

A

Addlcove

and once again

there has NEVER been found a viking helmet with horns.

and I´m gonna keep repeat this in every thread that I read that claims that middies should have horned helmets

C

Cerverloc

Bedwin its a game for crying out loud. The game represents the myths as they are described not actual facts. They never found the excalibur or the holy grail either. But thats no reason to leave it out of the game. In legends midgard has horned helmets so recreate some of that atmosphere. Most norseman look like our chainwearers at night. No real good distiction at all.

K

K0nah

Link is broke but ive seen the Merc one - we look like some ghey german laderhosen freek ;(

Really woulda been better leaving em plain till they could come up with some proper designs - perhaps by some ppl who actually play the class...

T

Tigerius

Sorry about that, it was fully working when I posted it. Guess it has gone cockup since. Shame as it was one of the better collections that didn't involve direct URLs for all 25 different classes.

O

old.Wildfire

I've got all of them plus more on my HD, I'll upload them all into my webspace and do some sort of fancy 'html' stuff, so that you don't have to click raw links.

O

old.LandShark

either you're very good at manipulating images, or Gorre's gone public.
Now what's it gonna be, boy!?
:p

btw Dalby.... i've seen some pics of the wizard epic dyed really dark colours, looks fantastic. I agree it looks far too psychadelic undyed or dyed any bright colour.

O

old.Krusha

hate to budge in here... but again Mythic hasnt been thinking...

(this is NO whine against albion.. its against mythic ;))

Hunter helmet has +axe .. a weapon a hunter cant even specc in (tho they changed it to spear after MASSIVE whines) Warrior Epic armor has 0% thrust resistance(its chain remember ;)) whereas other armor har 20-25% vs the weapon that hurts them (like Armsman has 22% vs Crush) not even you can fail to see that once again the warriros (best tank according to Mythic :lol:) gets it up the backside ...

Tho im looking forward to getting the quests done and die in DF for once.. instead of Emain :)

C

Cerverloc

either you're very good at manipulating images, or Gorre's gone public.
Now what's it gonna be, boy!?
:p

Uhhm Gorre is still down leaving open just one option now does it?? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom