eOT CS Match

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
i refuse to go near source with out a 10 mile long prodding stick :touch: or after battering the designer repeatively with a toothbrush till he bleeds111 :twak:

Matteh

Fledgling Freddie
Conchabar said:
i refuse to go near source with out a 10 mile long prodding stick :touch: or after battering the designer repeatively with a toothbrush till he bleeds111 :twak:
what's the blood gonna do... u need closure? xD

Chilly

Balls of steel
Conchabar said:
so whats wrong with source?

Chilly

Balls of steel
OK, well I'll start then.

the graphics, the much improved server listing stuff, the more stable game engine, the ease of patching/upgrading, gameplay (to me) seems fine,but then im not a 1337 h3x0r like you conch so I must be wrong!

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
where do i start my dear fellow

one first must point out that cs source feels looks and smells if u could smell a game a rip off

second it is n00b i mean this in the nicest fashion a NOOB game argueably cs has been going down hill for some while :(

why is a noob game? hah first of all it is easy to kill i mean spray and pray goes to all new levels in that game

skill? skill might u ask yes this thing that seperates the good players from the bad players i have yet to see a diffrence in "that game" seems everyone can kill each other easily point and click just point and click

third and finaly the crunch the cherry on top pr0^ players would rather play cs then cs:s

im quite monged atm so if this isnt a completely satisfactory answer im sure some of the other true cs gamers can add to the list ...

read at ure own peril :eek7:

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
/whine

Maps have changed, mostly for the worst. De_inferno has gone from best to worst map.

The hitboxes are allllllllll wrong, I can aim at feet and get headshots. :/

The ak fires too slow, and the zoom delay on the awp is annoying. They fixed the silencer bug which also pisses me off.

You also can't change any of the decent commands anymore; cl_bob, etc.

Flashes last too long. Nades do too much damage. On de_dust2 especially, you can't hear footsteps at all almost. Oh, and I hate the way that you can't hardly see where your bullets are landing so you can't adjust spray etc. :/

Plus the physics suck. I miss deagle headshots on 1.6 where they'd fly back in the air with a huge spray of blood. And when you look side to side your gun does some weird bob thing that throws my concentration right off.

Plus you can only get 1 model on each team. And they changed the money system slightly. Even though I can't be bothered to find the major changes, it annoys me to have 90 bullets on a usp on first round instead of like 72.

Oh, and in smoke I lag like a bitch.

/whine

I'll still play though! :D

Chilly

Balls of steel
yeah alright, all good points. I cant be fucked to setup a CS server, though. Take it or leave it chaps.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
im sorry if i have at all offended what u see in source but i have played counter-strike for so long and expected so much from source that i was extremely disapointed and safe to say have a so called grudge even to say a extreme hatred for the game

Chilly

Balls of steel
when was the last time you played source? there have been several patches since it came out, I suspect at least a few of the problems you point out have been fixed (apart from the maps, but inferno isnt THAT bad..)

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
i prefer the office tbh =/ you're probably right about the spray and pray bit, yes you can kill anything, but spray and pray is all part of development, if you couldnt kill anyone with spray and pray, you'd die 100 times a day, get maybe 1 kill, and at this stage you'd be thinking .. ok, these people have been playing years, i've just started, and i dont really have a chance in hell, because i dont have the chance to get a lucky shot using my spray and pray technique. i started with spray and pray (i havnt even been playing a year yet) and i'm slowly working my way upto pure headshots, my aim is never lower then the b00bies now, where as when i started, my aim was near enough at ground level. over all, the players who've been playing for a long period of time still have the edge, but atleast i have that chance to develope.

hit boxes are off target imo yes, but ak is not too slow, that gun is so powerful anyway if it was any faster there would be no point using any other weapon, i dont have any problems getting deagle headshots and i never lag when walking through smoke.

saying that i've not spent alot of time playing original CS, but then, why would i want too, when i find source realistic, entertaining and sexah. :touch:

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:
hit boxes are off target imo yes, but ak is not too slow, that gun is so powerful anyway if it was any faster there would be no point using any other weapon
On 1.6, the ak fires much faster, and is not overpowered. The reason the ak is good on Source is cause it's insanely accurate due to it firing so damn slow. :p

Makes it nice at med-long range, shit close up. Annoys me, cause imo, the old ak was fine as it was; a little less accurate than the Source one, but better to spray with.

Let's be honest though, the only 3 guns you need in CS are m4, ak and the awp. The others are just for laughs. (except maybe the mp5)

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:
i dont have any problems getting deagle headshots and i never lag when walking through smoke.
I don't either. :p

What I meant was, when I get a deagle headshot, it looks shit. They just collapse to the floor. Realistic? Yes. Cool? Er, no. Maybe it's just me, but I think it looks hella cool when you headshot someone on 1.6 and they get shot back through the air like 10m.

Back to the thread, anyone prefer a specific time / date?

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
dunno what ure on about coim awp is wrong -_- and ak is just as good close range in source deagle headshots are as easy as pie and m4 is spray and pray heaven

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
You're not one of those people that constantly whines about awp are you? ;/

Also, is it hard to read? oO

I don't have a problem getting deagle headshots, they just look shit.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
i am on public a hating awp hoe person although most awpers on public are so pathetic at getting kills with an awp i would have to say it is so easy to kill them that my hatred lies only skin deep

i can read young squire i never said anything about u not getting easy headshots with a deagle in source on the contray i was but meerly stating my oppinion on the matter.. in my mind source does not exist and i will not be told otherwise

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom