Enuff bitchin - post prefered map rots

A

Atomic Rammer

I think its quite clear that alot of people are thinking its time something was done about the map rots.

what about 2 valve map servers with 14 players each.
Theres currently 62 connections available on the server (16+16+10+20)
so 34 for the custom map servers.
Say 20 and 14 with the smaller maps on the 14 one.

I dont play much custom maps but I like the rot: well,rock2,2fort for one of the valve servers and maybe a bit of hunted too on the other. I'm pretty anti push and cz2, but if you wanted an odd number of maps I'd take push. No really I would! cz2 just produces a team deathmatch on public servers these days whereas scoring a goal on push is irresistable
wink.gif
but too easy to cap on which is why people hate it I think. Maybe 14 players will fix that. No gren spam too!

What do people want on custom server rots?
What do you think about the rot I posted for valve and the server split?

O

old.Asan

2 decent sized valve servers would be an excellent idea. 14 players should be the absolute minimum though, since the valve maps are all best with 7 or 8 players a side. I'd like to start playing on barrys servers again, they were always my first choice back in the days of decent server sizes and map rotations.

------------------
Asandir iD10

O

old.Mad Kain

I was considering asking Dr.Chris, for 2 Valve servers, and using the the remaining servers for Counterstrike...

BW's CS servers have been constantly praised for its good pings, and being bloody packed all the time. Since this mod is getting better and better, with more and more players, it seems like a decent idea.

I personally am tired of TFC, but thats not to say I dont enjoy playing it. I've been using these BW TFC servers since they first came online. There was a nice TFC community going on here, till the servers were upgraded, which killed off everything.

Back to the rotations, I dont mind seeing some of the valve maps back, but with the odd custom map thrown in.If we go back to using Valve maps, I can pretty much guarantee there will be people asking for some custom maps here again.

Need more feedback guys, keep them coming!
Regards

------------------
[ChPt2]Kain aka [EQX]Kain

[This message has been edited by Mad Kain (edited 18 January 2000).]

O

old.devin

Well ive made several posts requesting map changes ("Waterfront must go" and "knock, knock, knocking on admins door") to no response...

I think all the Rock2 maps should be changed to Flag Control.
Also my map, TurnOn has had good reviews.

And Valve's Crossover would be a good replacement for CZ or 2fort.

A

Atomic Rammer

Yeah but asking what people would want is different from saying change the map rot plz.

I would like to see the valve maps that came with the game on separate servers to any map, valve or not, that came out after the release. Thats the major difference. If people cant stay on a whole map rotation without having to download then thats why they go elsewhere.

Having different rotations would be a draw too. (I'm talking about standard maps) Thats why I like well,rock2,2fort coz I havn't seen that anywhere and they're the most popular maps. (They have no wussy goals - mens maps
smile.gif
)

O

old.BigSir

Having 2 16 player 'Valve only' TFC servers would be a great idea, you could definitely take out push and possibly hunted & cz2.IMO

Then a 16-20 player Custom server, which should include (amongst others):

Shutdown
2Barr2
Fortsake2
FlagControl
Bozz4cb
Extraction
Cydonia

Possibly throw a few Valve maps in there?

Let Kain & his buddies have the remaining server for CS, even though I don't play it, it'd be nice to help fellow gamers in need
smile.gif

Booo...Hisss @ Devin for asking to have Rock2 removed
smile.gif

O

old.devin

Haha oh well
smile.gif

Ok at least take Extraction, its just a server killer, sorry HuenBerry!

Put my frikkin map on instead
smile.gif

O

old.bee

which map is your devin?

Extraction is a good map its just a shame most people dont like hunted maps (I just released one myself) called Drugbaron.

get it below :-
http://www.mrbee.clara.net/drugbaron.zip

Mr.Bee

[This message has been edited by bee (edited 20 January 2000).]

[This message has been edited by bee (edited 20 January 2000).]

A

Atomic Rammer

In light of DrChris` imminent reworking of the TFC servers I'm just moving this thread back up.
Speak up people. What do you want?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom