England vs France

J

Jonaldo

A World Cup final :D go go England egg-chasers!

S

Sir Frizz

Jonny Wilkinson is a god among mere mortals.

Kind of gives me the impression however, that England are a bit of a one man army?

T

throdgrain

I didnt really think so. Ive watched all the games in this competition, and basically its him that does the kicking, so you can hardly criticize the others for not doing it :)
He is the best kicker in Rugby Union atm , so why not let him :)

X

xane

Originally posted by Sir Frizz
Kind of gives me the impression however, that England are a bit of a one man army?

Yeah, Wilkinson does all the tackles too and stops the other side scoring more points :rolleyes:

S

Sir Frizz

Yeah ok, all i saw really, was England 1 point down at 7 - 6 to France, next thing you know Johnny's kicking like a secretary bird and England end up winning without scoring a single try.

D

Deadmanwalking

While i agree that wilkinson is indeed a god it is his job? Thats what fly halfs tend to do... kick.

Saying that i think England are at their best playing "hard" teams such as The all blacks, SA and the aussies due to playing style. They are all very physical teams, which england are as well we tend to have the edge when it comes to overall movement. One reason why somoa gave us a good run for our money ;)

What does get to me is the complete lack of credit given to Clivw Woodward and the English RFU, that man is one of the major if not the biggest factor for Englands turn around and with the support of the RFU (A lesson a certain other sports governing body should think about) has made the old ... shite England into the highly Professional and succesful team we see today.

Sorry about that :( so here my blind English sports fan chant:

GO ON THE WILKO!!

T

Tom

I think its quite funny that the English 'lions' (from Richard I, Richard the Lionheart) are named after a king who spent only 6 months of his reign in England, and spoke no English, only French.

T

throdgrain

All English Kings and aristocracy of that period spoke french, a moot point realy ...

T

Tom

Yes I know that, but the king who is often seen as the embodiement of Englishness was born of French stock, and really didn't do much but take part in the Crusades.

Edward I was a much better king.

D

Deadmanwalking

Hmmm German monarchy?

GG Shortsighted "Englishness"

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Sir Frizz
Yeah ok, all i saw really, was England 1 point down at 7 - 6 to France, next thing you know Johnny's kicking like a secretary bird and England end up winning without scoring a single try.

The conditions were suited to a kicking game.

O

old.UKTwister

Yeah but were still boring as feck to watch!

I don't know if anyone saw london irish vs gloucestor at the weekend ? im not a fan of rugby union but this match was inthralling. 11mins of injury time - gloucester only needed 1 converted try to win but just cudnt get over the line.

The passing was awesome, i don't see england throwing some balls half way along the pitch and running at the opposition with pace and aggression.

T

throdgrain

I didn't think it was boring at all, quite the reverse.

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by old.UKTwister
Yeah but were still boring as feck to watch!

I don't know if anyone saw london irish vs gloucestor at the weekend ? im not a fan of rugby union but this match was inthralling. 11mins of injury time - gloucester only needed 1 converted try to win but just cudnt get over the line.

The passing was awesome, i don't see england throwing some balls half way along the pitch and running at the opposition with pace and aggression.

You did actually watch the game didnt you?

O

old.UKTwister

Yep same old try and keep ball, progress forward slightly, get penalty, score 3 points.

T

Tom

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking
Hmmm German monarchy?

GG Shortsighted "Englishness"

Er excuse me, but the current monarchy is most definitely English.

M

Munkey-

Hell yah, they even changed their name to appear less german!

B

bids

Originally posted by Munkey-
Hell yah, they even changed their name to appear less german!

lol - you sayin' Saxe-Coburg-Gotha 'aint an English name :)

T

Tom

Er excuse me, but how is the Queen's ancestry anything to do with her nationality?

J

Jonaldo

If we're talking about ancestry then isn't the Rugby World Cup final English Reject Scumbag Criminals v England?

Users who are viewing this thread