End of June ETA for 1.48

O

old.chesnor

From GOA webby
By the beginning of next week, both French and German translation will be completed and the test & debug stage will start, first internally then on the public test server where motivated players will be invited to actively participate in the very last checks. The internal testing stage should go on for 15 days and we are planning two or three more weeks for public testing. If everything goes good, the 1.48 should therefore be up and ready on the production servers by the end of June.

End of June, assuming all goes well !!!

O

old.stroke

Wow. That even surpassed my worst expectations.

Public tesing of the 1.48 patch will be pointless unless we can copy existing characters to it. This is because noone will have the time to get to a decent level in two weeks time. Pendragon(US public test server) is having that problem still. Too few players, too low levels.

O

old.Veritreus

Originally posted by stroke
Wow. That even surpassed my worst expectations.

And so the doom sayers are correct... if GOA don't post they get slated, if they do post they get slated. Ho hum.

Personally I'd rather they did test it, and so far they have done a very good job of testing as the only bugs I've encountered ahve been ones that are down to Mythic.

S

SFXman

Aaaah.... why couldn't it come when school ends and not a month after. :)
EDIT: Does it say I edited it now :confused:
EDIT EDIT: Now it did, VERY strange.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Jierdan

i was thinking the same thing ;)
I edited my post now because my school ends at the end of this month already :)

F

Flimgoblin

ouch another 6 weeks :eek6:

Glad it's finally been announced but _ouch_.

Oh well. Guess I can always try and get to the new material skill levels before they're introduced :)

F

Flimgoblin

That said you can always try out your third realm on the test server ;)

B

Bootae

While I'm glad they bothered to let us know, end of June? Has it been a national holiday in France for the last 2 months?

K

Keri

But how do people get invited to play on the test server? Or is it totally open?

O

old.Caifad Nebula

Which language will the test server be, all three so they do each language some weeks testing or so?

O

old.Lianuchta

Now i might be a complete muppet, but does the English version need any testing? I thought the only thing that needed testing was the translations, and as the english patch came straight from Mythic, there should not be those kind of bugs. Apart from the negative dmg thing last time, I didn't see anything else wrong.

Guess we'll have to wait 'till the others have a good test.

/em twiddles thumbs

(little flame just for good measure: how about just patching us to 1.48, and telling the german/french contigent that they can't use english servers whilst their path is still being tested if they want to keep playing their german/french server chars. Might get us our 3rd server as well if the population starts increasing a lot :p )

A

Aeiedil

1 : dont flame goa for giving an eta ;) people flamed from no eta, so they gave one, and so now rejoice

2 : end of june is good for me, if it came mid-june id be distracted from exams

3 : better to test than to have another rollback or another 2-day patch imo :)

4 : yay june :D i get my spec points then :D

O

old.Rhino-DAoC

June is good, though obviously I would rather have 1.50 :)

At least they posted an eta, and are testing it before they release it :clap:

O

old.Laico

They never acomplish their ETAs, why trust them this time?

A

Aeiedil

because if they werent sure about their eta they wouldnt post it on the news because of people ready to flame if they didnt deliver :p

O

old.Rhino-DAoC

Well thats why its >>E<<TA :)

And considering they've basically translated the patch and the rest is just for testing I wouldnt be suprised to see us get it early, unless they have a ton of bugs.

O

old.Vae

Originally posted by Bootae
While I'm glad they bothered to let us know, end of June? Has it been a national holiday in France for the last 2 months?

Well I have a friend in France at the mo who said that she's going to have to get used to 5 day weeks again since they've had so many bank holidays recently what with Labour day and the others... :D

S

SFXman

Originally posted by stroke
Why doesn't it say you edited it?
I have no idea.... it doesn't always do that for some damned reason. I'll try it again, see if it happens this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom