Enchanter help :)

O

old.job

I'm leveling my first alt, an Elf Enchanter, boy do they rock.. soloed 1-10 in one day!!
Anyways, I'm going to put everything into light, is this a really bad idea, or will I end up with an Eld with a pet?

O

old.LandShark

light chanter is supposedly the best DD'er in the game.... mana spec however gives you the best PBAE in the game which is probably better PvE... wouldn't exactly be BAD in RvR either, especially since you'd still have light baseline nukes + nuking pet

I

ivan_tribbiani

One phrase : You are gonna hurt in RvR.... ive been ripped to pieces when i was picking flowers and chatting up Grannys in Emain. 2 blasts one dead hippy.

O

old.job

Thanks..that's sealed it..look out Alb/Mids (in 8 months time)

O

old.tRoG

mana chanters are the most funnest brilliantest coolest bestest class in the game!

woooooooooooooooooo!

PBAOE! PBAOE! PBAOE! PBAOE! DIE DAMNIT! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I AM TEH PBAOE MANIAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 o_O

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

It's nice to have a decent pbaoe but don't neglect Enchantment Mastery...

a) your pet can still manage to kick an orange mob's butt in later levels only needing a heal or two(we don't want all that aggro, do we?;))
and
b) it's group effective if you can buff the tanks in PvE and PvP.

If you want a damage dealer in the group, get a void Eldritch.
It's the pet that makes this class strong.

Z

zedorf luribomb

Originally posted by old.LandShark
light chanter is supposedly the best DD'er in the game....

hahahahahahaaahhahaahhaahhahahaahhahhhhahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahhahaahhaahhahahaahhahhhhahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahhahaahhaahhahahaahhahhhhahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahhahaahhaahhahahaahhahhhhahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahhahaahhaahhahahaahhahhhhahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahhahaahhaahhahahaahhahhhhahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahhahaahhaahhahahaahhahhhhahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahhahaahhaahhahahaahhahhhhahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahhahaahhaahhahahaahhahhhhahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahaha

O

old.Iunliten

Originally posted by sickofit...
It's nice to have a decent pbaoe but don't neglect Enchantment Mastery...

a) your pet can still manage to kick an orange mob's butt in later levels only needing a heal or two(we don't want all that aggro, do we?;))
and
b) it's group effective if you can buff the tanks in PvE and PvP.

If you want a damage dealer in the group, get a void Eldritch.
It's the pet that makes this class strong.

No you get a light specced caster for damage dealing;
Mentalist
45 Enemy Coruscating Visions 209 D DD 2.8 Sec - 29 P
Enchanter
45 Enemy Insidious Rapture 209 D DD 2.8 Sec - 29 P
Light Eldritch
45 Enemy Shadowdoom 209 D DD 2.8 Sec - 29 P
Void Eldritch
47 Enemy Major Ethereal Devastation 171 D DD 3 Sec - 30 P
For comparison:
Runemaster
47 Enemy Greater Rune of Shadow 219 D DD 2.8 Sec - 30 P
Wizard
47 Enemy Major Conflagration 219 D DD 3 Sec - 30 P
Stats from http://daoc.catacombs.com

Light main specc you still have to make the choice of speed buff or better pet as secondary specc line.

B

Bilf

Originally posted by old.Iunliten

Light main specc you still have to make the choice of speed buff or better pet as secondary specc line.

With speed buff moving onto base spec fairly soon... it's not much of a choice. :p

I've got a chant on Pryd and I'm aiming towards the final spec of:

39 mana, 34 enchant, rest (15 I think) light

Dunno if that helps at all

O

old.Ozwin

Ive gone mana on my chanter on the US and so far its been great. PBAE 2 or 3 blue con mobs gives me alot more xp then 1 orange and u are never short on groups as they r crying out for them. I will respec when i get to a decent RvR level but to get there Mana is the way to go.

I

ivan_tribbiani

Originally posted by ivan_tribbiani
One phrase : You are gonna hurt in RvR.... ive been ripped to pieces when i was picking flowers and chatting up Grannys in Emain. 2 blasts one dead hippy.

He he he he this silly git thought they were talking about Eldritches. OOppppse its me....... im a muppet what can i say :)

But still These pets are very annoying for me as an Infil --> higher leveled Luris always set one on me when im in stealth mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom