EMERGENCY GOA HELP! (not a flame)

T

Tumult

One of our Guilds Gms has had his account hacked,

The Hacker is now removing people from the guild at will

WE NEED IMEADIATE ASSISTANCE!

The Guild is The Dark Alliance

Im sure you are aware who the GM is as you have alreday denied his request to change his subcription password

C

cHodAX

Fek that is bad, I hope they find the offender and cut his balls off :(

O

Old Nicodemus

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
Fek that is bad, I hope they find the offender and cut his balls off :(

Harsh.. but fair. :cool:

P

parisienscot

Oh not another one of these. I'm really startiing to get sceptical about these "hacks".

Like the boy who cried wolf really - if people who share accounts and give their passwords to online "friends" keep claiming they've been "hacked" then how will we ever know who the real victims are?

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Apathy
This boy, Parisien...tell us more...

a.

Sorry I can't - it's a very rude story - much too explicit for these boards ;)

T

Tumult

plz stop doin this guys , i have umpteen other people who can vouch for me

plus an alliance full of people who heard the hacker spam insults about np

T

Tumult

we have been able to remove the the character in question from the guild

most people have been reinvited

L

living

Its true alot of the people who traded/Shared sub pass say they have been hacked. But flaming this guy 4 all of em aint fair, who knows, might be he actually DID get hacked.

But its fairly easy to avoid: anti-vírus

T

Thorarin

I think the guy already resorted to deleting his characters and getting a 'new' account, but for what it's worth I've started another discussion on the E&E board about changing subscription passwords. Never hurts to try...

T

Tumult

you can find zob official reply (and mine , didnt realise he was gonna post :)) here. Probably more accurate in details :)

T

Tired_Goat_BW

Well hope he gets his Subs changed.
If enough peeps vouch for him do you think WrongNow (RightNow) will change his subs?

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by living
Its true alot of the people who traded/Shared sub pass say they have been hacked. But flaming this guy 4 all of em aint fair, who knows, might be he actually DID get hacked.

But its fairly easy to avoid: anti-vírus

Anti Virus software wont always detect a hack. Better to get firewall softawre and have trusted programs run thru it.

Example :

Norton Internet Security - it advises you with a big message whenever someone tries to see / connect to your PC that isn't 'trusted' by you.

ZoneAlarm : shows a pop up whenever someone attempts to connecto to your PC that hasn't been 'trusted' by you.

Don't trust XP's built in firewall software either.

G

Gandir

Well why not just tell GOA that we want to be able to change our subscription password at will or else we will just withhold our money and cancel the subscription! Belive me they will listen to that!!!

U

Urgat Rip-Eye

Heh

You may laugh Brannor...

But it's a hot topic. Liste/Thor arn't the only ones of us who are trying to get this across.

R

Rubric

Originally posted by parisienscot
Oh not another one of these. I'm really startiing to get sceptical about these "hacks".

Like the boy who cried wolf really - if people who share accounts and give their passwords to online "friends" keep claiming they've been "hacked" then how will we ever know who the real victims are?

Indeed.... How will we know? You judgemental twat.

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Rubric
Indeed.... How will we know? You judgemental twat.

Enchanter - Level 7

L33t kiddie I hearby banish you from these boards - go and level your chanter!

Anyway glad you got the problem fixed - still stand by my point that it's all very well to publicise any hackings on BW, but as we don't have the facts we can't really take everything you say at face value, as unfortunately a lot of silly people have been careless with their passwords in the past.

B

Brannor McThife

Re: Heh

Originally posted by Urgat Rip-Eye
You may laugh Brannor...

But it's a hot topic. Liste/Thor arn't the only ones of us who are trying to get this across.
Urgie, it's been asked for a LONG time ago...search those boards a little. :p

Jup and I, and others, argued long and hard in our day for this. A good 8/9 months ago.

Hope they finally give in though.

-G

J

Jupitus

Piss off G, stop posting things I agree with or people will think I like you or something :flame:

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Jupitus
Piss off G, stop posting things I agree with or people will think I like you or something :flame:
Sod off you Drunkard. :p

-G

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom