Elemental or Dragonscale LW?

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
I am in a qunadry.

Last night I started the Elemental LeatherWorking quest and am making good progress obtaining the items I need, but have not yet completed it, so I can still change tack. My primary reason for doing this is to be bale to make the Helm of Fire, which I think has kick as stats for a Hunter.

Unfortunately its AR isn't that great, there are only two elemetnal recipes available currently and on further consideration, the resistances offered by the Dragonscale Breastplate do seem to kick all kinds of arse.

I'm tempted to drop elemental now, as it doesn't seem worth it for just one item and there appear to be more Dragonscale recipes available at this time. Or should I stick with this and hope that more recipes become available in future patches and hope to get the Dragonscale items I want commissioned from the others?

Hendrich

Fledgling Freddie
I guess you would have to figure out what would benifit you most. As with me, I am going tribal with my rougue.. may not be the best thing as a player, but we have 3 leatherworkers in the guild. One going Elemental, other Dragonscale and me going tribal. Between the 3 of us, we can manage to make what people will need or want for their characters, thus making it easy. As for my rougue armor, there are 2 nice pieces in the tribal line, and the others in the elemental line, so doing it this way works pretty good.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
As you level up you'll find more and more recipes drop/get put on the AH. Have a look at Thotbott (www.thotbott.com) for the full list of stuff you can make. At the end of the day, if you're a hunter that wants to craft armour for yourself, then dragonscale is the way to go.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Naetha said:
At the end of the day, if you're a hunter that wants to craft armour for yourself, then dragonscale is the way to go.

I'm familiar with Thottbot. :)

The Dragonscale argument for Hunters is somewhat problematic, as none of the Dragonscale recipes have any + to Agil on them, which is essential for a hunter, a full Dragonscale wearing Hunter would be rather gimped.

At the same time so would a hunter in full elemental, despite the nice + Agil bonuses. Hendrich is right, hopefully the guild I'm in, we will have enough LW to cover each of the 3 specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom