Elemental dmg arrows!

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
Is midgard the only realm with Elemental dmg arrows? Or do hib/alb have same type of reward from some quest aswell?
If you take the quest Werewolf Bane at lvl43 and choose bow as reward you get some cold dmg arrows.
sent pick with stats to camelot.allakhazam.com hopefully they will be up soonish.

Varulbane Arrows
Damage Modifiers:
- 0.0 Base DPS
- 0.0 Clamped
- 0% Quality
- 100% Condition
- Damage Type: Cold

Effective Damage:
- 0.0 DPS

20Arrows
Weight: 1.3lbs
Accuracy: Improved
Range: X-long

Cannot be sold to merchants.

Attachments

• Varulbane Arrows.jpg
    Varulbane Arrows.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 384

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
And yes they work like a charm on colddebuffed targets :)

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
The arrows stack up to 200 and accts like normal arrows with quiver.
Atm I can't recal how many you get for each quest finished, could be 20, 40 or 60.

Jjuraa

Banned
unlimited supply? or do you get 200 and thats it once youve done quest

eble

Fledgling Freddie
very interesting just what my ranger would like.
I'll check to see if hib is same sort of quest.

Eble

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
Jjuraa said:
unlimited supply? or do you get 200 and thats it once youve done quest
Each character can do this quest 1 time.
You recive 20 or 40 or 60 arrows for each time quest is finished. (I can't remember how many you get)
So if you have more than 1 char I sugest you do this quest with all char, then trade the arrows over to the hunter that going to use them.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Found this on Alakhazams news section

Url

from Alakhazam said:
Dark Age of Camelot: Tuesday May 31, 2005 Update and News Blurb

Wow! Looks like quite a few of you had a chance to adventure in DAoC this past holiday weekend! Mega thanks goes out to: Baaboo (6 new Mid quests!), Rojer of Igraine (2 new Alb quests!), Reinan (2 new Mid quests!), Kit (2 new Hib quests!), MacThanatos of Gaheris (4 new Alb items), Joohl Ceers (2 new Mid items), Guus, Rybold, Disco Dawn, Shawn, Vexoxexo, cillaofgold, osagvar, Fyrehealer, Barbara, Priscilla, ryanthewise, Jim, rawarr, and Thorarin for their wonderful send-in's that made up today's update! Thank you so much gang! =o)

And in the news, two more DAoC:Darkness Rising news tidbits have surfaced: Camelot Vault has posted their E3 comments on DR, and MMorpgmovies.com has a shaky video up of the DR video shown to visitors at E3.

New Albion Items: Boulderling Remains ; Hulen's Soul Tether ; Jewel of Channeling ; Hulen's Guard ; Hulen's Defense
New Midgard Items: Varulbane Bow ; Varulbane Arrows

New Midgard Mobs: Thesill
New Hibernia Mobs: Rory

New Albion Quests: A Message to the Manes ; Boulderling Balm
New Hibernia Quests: Gnoll Thy Enemy ; Intruder Alert!
New Midgard Quests: Friendly Favor ; Spirits at Unrest ; Master Code Key ; Family Matters ; 'Ears To You! ; Word to Mother ; Breaking the Supply Line ; Maniacal Menace

Updated Albion Items: Spellbound Cerulean Cloth Sleeves (Alb)
Updated Midgard Items: Gracklar's Grievous Axe ; Fimx
Updated Hibernia Items: Phantom Hide Leggings
Updated All Items: Sash of the Calm ; Cloak of Heavenly Bodies

Updated Albion Mobs: Sir Jerem ; Manes Demon (Alb) ; Boulderling ; Brother Maynard ; Haunted Deathseeker (Alb) ; Hulen ; Erstal Furlan ; Dooben ; Faerie Frog
Updated Midgard Mobs: Aud ; Prulgar ; Guard Ubra ; Captain Yggdren ; Darkwood Captain ; Akorala ; Sorrow ; Lieutenant Alia ; Lytami ; Bjoran ; Karlees ; Hurrnos (Mid) ; Frenlin ; Guard Arvakl ; Recruit Woban ; Runner Myrtina ; Glashtin Slosho (Mid) ; Glashtin Drommo (Mid) ; Glashtin Taskmaster (Mid) ; Glashtin Mojobo (Mid) ; Glashtin Ozzozzin (Mid) ; Guard Lienya ; Sergeant Lutho ; Maniacal Spiritist Adept (Mid) ; Maniacal Warmonger (Mid) ; Corath ; Eibhilin ; Isalf Scryer
Updated Hibernia Mobs: Outcast Thallooniagh Slinkfoot ; Guardian Pearce ; Dark Elf Nightshade ; Champion Bliran ; Terracite Rabble Rouser (Hib) ; Lysanus ; Manus
Updated All Realms Mobs: Bisul ; Sadri the Traitor

Updated Albion Quests: Shrouds of the Deathseeker ; Forged Excellence ; Faerie Frog Eye -- Kill Task
Updated Hibernia Quests: Seek the Moonstone D ; Cad Goddeau C (level 25) ; Cad Goddeau D (level 30) ; Sea Shell Sleeves ; Gathering Intelligence ; Glashtin Abduction ; Poisoning the Well
Updated Midgard Quests: Words of the Founder ; The Eyes are Watching ; Werewolf Bane ; Covet Wiley ; Bluebell's Disappearance ; The War Continues

Updated Factions: Tylwyth Teg

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for mentioning this, never knew about it.

Mentioned it too our team leader, slightly shoots Mythics 'its too hard to code' line out of the water.

Just suprised me that after all the discussions about elemental arrows noone has mentioned this before.

If they can make cold ones why not make energy ones from belt of sun or allow them to be crafted so that the elemental bows can be of some use.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Aran Thule said:
Mentioned it too our team leader, slightly shoots Mythics 'its too hard to code' line out of the water.

The question to be asked is: Do they work? I've used them but can't tell.

About the elemental bows: The problem is that the bow does not do the damage. It just creates an entity (arrow) wich then does the damage. This entitys damage type is determined by the type of arrow you use.
But still I dont think it should be all to hard to set elemental bows not to use any arrows and create a "default entity" with a set damage type.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe there should be a bow artifact that doesn't need arrows, like Phoebus Harp creates instruments that play each song.. :) Nice, strong overpowered X-Long, X-Accuracy and Elemental damage arrows.. :eek:

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
Maybe there should be a bow artifact that doesn't need arrows, like Phoebus Harp creates instruments that play each song.. :) Nice, strong overpowered X-Long, X-Accuracy and Elemental damage arrows.. :eek:

Not asking for that... but you see, tanks have the ability to choose damage type and so do melee archers. Yet ranged archers dont. And about the "overpowered no-arrow using" bow... do your melee weapons use ammo? No, they use endurance. Bows use endurance too so whats the point? Lets not discuss realism now! After all this is a fantasy game.

PS: Mentioning Archers and the word overpowered in the same sentance is laughable! Yet I think the whole archery system needs to be reworked... but so does the castspeed/interrupt code.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Deepflame said:

Explain why they're op'd

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Jeriraa said:
PS: Mentioning Archers and the word overpowered in the same sentance is laughable!

if i cba id find my screenshot on getting hit for 914 damage on my skald with AF charge up.

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
I hit a fully buffed shaman for 1011 with crit shot, then he blocked the next 4 arrows :G

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Jeriraa said:
Not asking for that... but you see, tanks have the ability to choose damage type and so do melee archers. Yet ranged archers dont. And about the "overpowered no-arrow using" bow... do your melee weapons use ammo? No, they use endurance. Bows use endurance too so whats the point? Lets not discuss realism now! After all this is a fantasy game.

PS: Mentioning Archers and the word overpowered in the same sentance is laughable! Yet I think the whole archery system needs to be reworked... but so does the castspeed/interrupt code.

Archers can chose damage type...

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Wait til we get leg shot if u think its bad now xD snare ftw

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Aoln said:
He's right... wtf are you stupid or something? ><

The topic says "Elemental dmg arrows!" so why would I mean chosing between slash/thrust/crush when I refer to chosing damage type?

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
My reply was actually loaded with sarcasm. ;) But if you don't run out of arrows, and they're elemental damage, I figured that kinda makes them rather strong. Don't know about it being overpowered. I wouldn't really mind as I don't RvR enough to really build a sensible reply concerning the effectiveness of elemental damage. Either way, I wouldn't mind a bow that doesn't run out of arrows, I run out of arrows too often, usually mid-pull too. Don't know if it'd be fair though, as that way archers get an unlimited supply of ranged damage. Even casters run out of power eventually.. At any rate, there needs to be less scouts on bridges as the class is getting a bad name. ;(

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Deepflame said:
My reply was actually loaded with sarcasm. ;) But if you don't run out of arrows, and they're elemental damage, I figured that kinda makes them rather strong. Don't know about it being overpowered. I wouldn't really mind as I don't RvR enough to really build a sensible reply concerning the effectiveness of elemental damage. Either way, I wouldn't mind a bow that doesn't run out of arrows, I run out of arrows too often, usually mid-pull too. Don't know if it'd be fair though, as that way archers get an unlimited supply of ranged damage. Even casters run out of power eventually.. At any rate, there needs to be less scouts on bridges as the class is getting a bad name. ;(

Some PvE Catacombs bows have a chance not to expend arrow on firing (afaik), and at 50 you have access to braggarts/shark gloves that can summon arrows, that added to sojo summon merchant ability means that at 50 the problem of running out of arrows rarely (if ever) happens in RvR, atleast is hasnt happened to me yet.

Casters running out of power cannot be compared to archers running out of arrows, since arrows do not regenerate when you sit down, as someone else said the comparison would be between caster power and archer endurance. which is already working well enough imo.

If you want an interesting comparison, what about caster's brittle guards and BT? what does an archer have to counter 3BG's and a BT? :p (yes I know the answer is stealth, but its still a little bit hard on the archer)

I agree that there is an excess of archers camping bridges since NF (atleast there is on excal), but its just a logical place for them to be, similar to milegate camping in OF. Roaming is preferable for me though, much less chance of getting added on.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
People wanting elemental arrows on their archer simply dont understand the concept of archery and the huge advantage you already have as is.

I dont want elemental arrows, I dont want elemental bows changed. No change is needed to get the best damage you already have all toys ingame.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Missing the point pupp, if 1 realm has them, all realms should etc. But I dont think I'd even use them I prefer mariashars and knowing my enemies weaknesses..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom