Elemental arrows??

Beovulf

Fledgling Freddie
Don't get me wrong i love being a scout, but would like to see something more to put us on par with rangers and hunters. Yeah i know we have a shield spec line but what about elemental arrows? Or perhaps jus elemental arrows for all archer classes.
http://daoc.catacombs.com/forum.cfm?ThreadKey=10842&DefMessage=814987&forum=9
The TL report mentioned it and i would love to see DoT arrows, or fire arrows :clap: Was just wondering about everyone else's PoV.

Cheers

Outlander

Part of the furniture
iirc in mid you could get elemental arrows as a quest reward or such. cold dmg or sommat cant remember the details :)

Outlander

Part of the furniture
ah was this I was thinking of :)

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=23498

m-Varulbane-Arrows.jpg

Beovulf

Fledgling Freddie
So if you can get em of Mid as a quest reward, why cant we craft em?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Beovulf said:
So if you can get em of Mid as a quest reward, why cant we craft em?
You can get 20 of them, then they're gone.

And if you think Scouts need to be brought up to the same level as Hunters, words fail me.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
You can get 20 of them, then they're gone.

And if you think Scouts need to be brought up to the same level as Hunters, words fail me.

Hunters are better than scouts in most scenarios.
Most scouts are a walkover in the open field, could show you clips of numerous fights in the last month were I've killed equal RR scouts who IP2'ed and still finished the fight on 80% hits (and I'm not melee spec), i've done that once with a hunter iirc, and only because she fumbled beweeen bow/spear for half the fight without even trying to hit me.

Trying to trade blows with scouts as either a ranger or a hunter in keep/tower/bridge standoffs is silly, thats what scouts are good for, in the open, any semi-competant hunter or ranger will rip scouts a new one.

Then again as mythic said, scouts wont really get any individual loving as they have mincers to group with, not something the scout TL wanted to hear, but it's what he got.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
i think a lot of scouts put too much emphasis on bow.

most hunters and rangers are primarily concerned with making melee templates and 90% at a guess are 35 bow or less (a lot with like no bow)

I think scouts can still do well if they follow same rules. get bow at 35. 42 shield. 39+melee rest stealther. balance melee and stealth accordinly.

template in WH SOM, malice or battle (in 2hand)... pack a template that allows you to use any mainhand leggy. and tbh you will be able to compete, especially with a well deployed slam, and some MoB. that extra shield defense and shield styles do count for a lot. offensivly u have very poor output, but u have just as many tricks (or more with shield) and i think the class can be competative... again though scout suffers versus assasins where u get evaded into oblivion and generally pwned quickly. think this puts a lot of peeps off the class.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Thats a bit funny, when i used to play bowmaiden, even tho she was 50 bow (she was designed as a sniper not a melee character) at rr5 i had no trouble with any Hunters, they were the weakest of the Stealth Class's (i mean, with 41+16 shield and 420 dex, the 300/400 damage swings didn't get through that much, even with 21 Thrust and a Cold weapon i did enough to melee them down etc.

A melee scout sounds like fun, maybe a highlander with GoV and Malice etc.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
A scout with Malice and high MoB can be quite tough for a hunter as the hunter will often not hit.... on the other hand there's nothing stopping the Scouts blows getting through and nothing the hunter can do about it.

Consistsant but low hit is often better than inconsistant and high hit.

On topic, elemental arrows would be fun :)

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
i think a lot of scouts put too much emphasis on bow.

most hunters and rangers are primarily concerned with making melee templates and 90% at a guess are 35 bow or less (a lot with like no bow)

I think scouts can still do well if they follow same rules. get bow at 35. 42 shield. 39+melee rest stealther. balance melee and stealth accordinly.

template in WH SOM, malice or battle (in 2hand)... pack a template that allows you to use any mainhand leggy. and tbh you will be able to compete, especially with a well deployed slam, and some MoB. that extra shield defense and shield styles do count for a lot. offensivly u have very poor output, but u have just as many tricks (or more with shield) and i think the class can be competative... again though scout suffers versus assasins where u get evaded into oblivion and generally pwned quickly. think this puts a lot of peeps off the class.

hmm my scouts that spec tho somewhat low rr (3 :D ) and I have to say melee rate on it sucks badly. Ive also played with Aoln a lot whos a similar spec but rr10 so a lot more melee spec than a rr3 one and he has same issues. Out right miss rates, evades, low dmg when you do hit etc. A hunter vs scout is hard for hunter as hes only got a single weapon, a ranger and all assassins half the block rate which rapes the scout really

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom