Electric Storage Heaters

Nate

FH is my second home
So, has anyone here dealt with them in the past?

I have them in the flat and they don't make much sense to me. Whats the best way to use them?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Have them heat up over night and change your electric plan so its cheap when charging. The electric people should be able to help. We had them for a while and they are awful so gl!

Nate

FH is my second home
Do you have to have them turned all the way up on the input bit to get any heat out of them?

Nate

FH is my second home
was that cheaper to run afran?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
They are next to useless and were pushed by the power companies to use up off peak electricity..the idea is nice...but physics is against them.

rynnor

Rockhound
They are fine on a warm summers night :p

Some cottage we stayed at had these - junk for winter.

Might be sufficient to heat a broom cupboard otherwise the pitiful heat output is dissipated without noticeable effect.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
My first rented house had them. They were useless, ended up getting some plug in oil radiators from Argos.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Soooo expensive. convector heaters from Argos are more efficient switch them on when you need the heat. Put them on a timer plug if you need them to come on at specific times. I even use a timer plug to boil my kettle in the mornings.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Reading this on my phone
Thought this thread was about electric sausage heaters

Never, ever leave home without a warm sausage.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Reading this on my phone
Thought this thread was about electric sausage heaters

Never, ever leave home without a warm sausage.
Reading this on my upstairs PC.

Wow, you managed to use your phone to load a website. I am very impressed.

What happens when one decides to go swimming in the sea, the sausage will not stay warm then.

Back on topic, my first flat had storage heaters, 27 years ago to be precise, they were fucking shocking, I hated them then and I made a promise, I will never ever live anywhere where they are the source of the heating. I actually turned down places to live due to the presence of these diabolical devices.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
What happens when one decides to go swimming in the sea, the sausage will not stay warm then.

I grew up in the tropics. You are full of the fail. I swam in Aussie seas where the water was so warm it was comparitatively cool to get out of the water. Ofc the water was full of things that wanted to kill/poison/eat you, but hey ho, the price you pay etc :)

Nate

FH is my second home
Just bought a 2.5kW oil filled radiator, thanks for the help everyone. Got it a refurbished one for £40

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom