Eldritch help please

G

granny

OK having trouble with my Lurikeen Invasion eldritch on Orcanie. Never played an eld before and my French is appalling... can anyone tell wtf these spells do? The little chap is only level 5 and has dumped all his points into Mana (at least I think it was mana, it was in french, sigh, something about la lune).

eld_french.jpg

1 & 2 are Sun Blast (light DD) and Prismatic Flash (light stun) yes?

3 & 4 are Aura of Reflection (mana damage shield) and Powershield (mana AF buff), those were easy.

The rest I'm not sure about... I'm guessing 5 is Void Rift (void bolt) and 6 is Ethereal Blast (void DD) yeah?

7 is Mana Flood (mana pbaoe), discovered that the hard way when I hit it in the middle of a patch of 6 blue mobs.. doh...

Am I right in thinking 8 is Disperse Strength (mana spec str & con debuff) and 9 is Ensnaring Blast (wtf is that? Mana spec DD?)?

And I have no idea what 10 & 11 do. I did try casting them but it just gave me some French words which I didn't understand - you need a target for this spell? Your target is too far away? You're not allowed to use this spell you naughty Engerlish Kerniggit? *shrug*

Any help greatly appreciated, also any hints on how to use these things, I'm getting really confused and so far have stood there frantically casting random spells at the rapidly-approaching pissed off mob and ended up thwacking it with a big stick.

O

old.Bombadil

1=Gleam Blast, 14 DD
2=Prismatic Flare, Stun 3 sec.
3=Greater Aura of Turning, +1.0 Dmg Shield
4=Lesser Powerbarrier, +32 AF Self
5=Void Gap, 24 Bolt
6=Major Ethereal Concussion, 21 DD
7=Lesser Mana Ripple, 16 DD
8=Lesser Strength Dispersal, -18 Str & Con Debuff
9=Ensnaring Blast, 21 DD
10=Shadowburst, 5 DD
11=Nil Bolt, 8 Bolt

http://copland.udel.edu/~trevor/camelot/spells/H_eldritch.shtml

Hope this helps

T

Tasans

Depends on how you have specced.
When i had my Eld i was balanced between void and mana, so i opened with 2 bolts, then the dd from the mana( snare) and the base line void dd, mob dead.
Oh esnaring blast is a dd with snare effect and it is very very useful

G

granny

Cheers for the info guys.

I had looked at that guide (and a couple of others) already but seeing as how the spells were labelled in français I had no idea which was which :)

Tasans so far he's pure mana specced - thought I'd try that since it seems to be a rare spec, always good to try something new, but looking at the spells I may dropa few points into light too (for the AOE mez mostly).

O

old.yaruar

My first spec points are in light for the first lvl of mezz the rest I suspect will end up in void for the sheer destructive power ;-)

WE MAY BE SHORT BUT AT LEAST WE'RE KEEN!

T

Tasans

No need to do that. You can blast the mob before it closes with the dd-snare because snare stacks. That means you dd-mob snared-dd-mob snared again and so on. You would need 5 spells to take it down but it wont be a problem since it will be crawling to you. Power would be a problem if you solo but if you have a mana specced ment with the latest power regen you would be fine.<jumps and waves excitedly yelling me! me!>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom