Eh?

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Wot spec computers are yu lot playing this game on?

2.2 Athlon - 512 mb ram - 7200 hard drive - 256 Nvidia graphics card - Broadband - and still humungous lag? Eh now is someone taking the piss or wot?

Bad game - bad game - eh even at my home town - Thid - bleeding horrible. Report this sodding game to the makers and everyone else as real bad news.

Total junk now!

My website

Smoothy

Fledgling Freddie
Afaik this has been discussed before and GOA should be aware of the problems :/.. i really dont think it matters much what kind of a comp and connection you are using you´ll still get lag to some extent.. Someone plz correct me if im wrong?..

But i agree.. keep reporting this issue and perhaps <perhaps!> they´ll fix it...

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
Thugs, ur pc is fine to play daoc, maybe 1gig of ram if u ever want to run 2 accs (for arguments sake), computers these days arn't really a source of lag, most of it is the server side ISP in this case openstransit, like Smoothy said GOA are aware of this and are in communication with the folk at Opentransit to try and find and fix the problematic areas, but as some of us tech(ish) people know, you fix one thing something else is bound to wrong. unfortunatly its a case of just grin and bare it, or dont play.

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Oh?

Invis you are a nice person I can see that but the way this game has been run and is now being run is preposterous. I really can't say enough bad things about this game now. Eh should I be this bitter? Why am I bitter? I just want to play this f****** game but it stinks in every department not just lag. Why the f*** is this?

Me
My Site

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
most people end up disliking games because they arn't challenged by it anymore, or the fact it just gets boring doing the same thing over and over again. Aye the game isn't like it used to be, i think nearly everyone agrees that TOA fooked it up, would much rather have just stuck with SI, but the game changes, and if u wanna keep playing u gotta pay and adapt to the changes it brings, i dunno if this helps, but its generally why people tend to lose interest in games, especially mmo's

atos

Fledgling Freddie
3ghz(CPU) HT P4, 1024(RAM) dual channel 400mhz DDR, ATI Radeon 9800 AIW (GFX) and a 75gigs 10krpm hdd.

Tabbing between dual accounts gets abit slow when the zones are crowded. :<

Ormorof

FH is my second home
atos said:
3ghz(CPU) HT P4, 1024(RAM) dual channel 400mhz DDR, ATI Radeon 9800 AIW (GFX) and a 75gigs 10krpm hdd.

Tabbing between dual accounts gets abit slow when the zones are crowded. :<

you have pretty much exactly the same PC i have :D

A

Aoln

Isn't it against the FH CoC to advertise your website like that? ;)

Might want to check it out before you get in any trouble.

Voltage

Fledgling Freddie
went from 2.4ghz athlon, 64mb TI4200 and 512mb RAM to exact same but with 1gb RAM, lag went from unplayable to fine until I meet a huge zerg (when its still playable, just a bit choppy) oh thats dual booting btw.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Thugs said:
Wot spec computers are yu lot playing this game on?

2.2 Athlon - 512 mb ram - 7200 hard drive - 256 Nvidia graphics card - Broadband - and still humungous lag? Eh now is someone taking the piss or wot?

Bad game - bad game - eh even at my home town - Thid - bleeding horrible. Report this sodding game to the makers and everyone else as real bad news.

Total junk now!

My website

Lag rare - 400GB 10k HDD, gf6800, 4gb ram, 3.8(4.2) extreme ed pentium blah. Broadband is the weak link - most of the lag i get is comms lag - only time i had graphics lag was back in the old frontiers and there were sommat like 13-14fg of Mids in the emain bowl/amg/tower area...

Puppet

Part of the furniture
AMD 1800, 512 Mb. RAM, Geforce FX5600.

Lagging like fuck when there's more then 3 enemies near; when I got quite a few models cached or something it often gets better.

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
AMD2600/1gig ddr333/fx5900xt/60gig 7200hd, 1.5mb broadband only lag when u run into multiple zergs, thats dual booting if i need to, my spare pc is a amd2100/512mb ddr266/ti4200/20gig 5400hd, dont often use it but dosnt ever seem to lag, other than ur standard connection lag.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Aoln said:
Isn't it against the FH CoC to advertise your website like that? ;)

Might want to check it out before you get in any trouble.
Had me thinking the same thing ~ Shit site anyway :eek:

Amd 64 3ghz, k8v deluxe, 768 ddr, radeon 9600xt 256mb, 100gig 7200rpm hdd, 2mb connection here ~ Not the best but it runs most things ok.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
On my system the data throughput rate is being the bottleneck (I got a really slow harddisk in my laptop, a typical 40gb one) so I try to keep most of DAoC's memory on the physical memory and avoid swapping.

Unfortunatly, DAoC's memory management is not quite what it should be. I heard that they fixed it in Catacombs though, but, which could very well be possible with the new model/animation engine.

Right now, when I enter land and there's a keep battle going on, my PC freezes for about 20 to 30 secs, loading all those skins (and yes, precaching is on) and swapping 'em in and out. It's funny, really.

nick

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah marketing your site through FH is lame.

/me points to sig

nick

Fledgling Freddie
Oh my god

That site deserves to be on uglypeople.com :(

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
Thugs said:
I really can't say enough bad things about this game now.
Eh should I be this bitter? Why am I bitter?
I just want to play this f****** game but it stinks in every department not just lag. Why the f*** is this?

haha that made me laugh.

I really can´t say enough bad things about this game now.
I just want to play this f****** game...

lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom