WTF? Egyptian man to fight a lion in direct combat

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Youm7 English Edition | Egyptian to fight lion to attract tourism

There should be a WTF? prefix btw.

The guy who's going to fight the lion is interviewed here. I particularly liked this bit:

al-Sayed al-Essawy said:
I think it’s time we start celebrating genuine talent. For years we’ve been celebrating nothing but sex. I’ve taught children how to chew glass and pull cars with their teeth - the proof is on YouTube. I can raise a generation of super soldiers. I’ve jumped from ten-story buildings, I’ve hung myself many times and have been repeatedly run over. So, when I say I have the intellect and strength to take a lion down, people should take me seriously. Why isn’t anyone listening to me? I don’t know, but it’s very frustrating...

Run over his head from the sound of things.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"Al-Essawy said he will use an iron shield and dagger to defend himself"

Stopped being interesting right about there.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I hope the lion doesn't die, but let's face it. Either he'll kill it or he'll die and the lion will be put down.

Hopefully he'll try to hang himself or jump of a building before the fight.

If the Egyptian government allows this then they are idiots.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
"Al-Essawy said he will use an iron shield and dagger to defend himself"

Stopped being interesting right about there.

Agreed. And whats with all the training with the lion bollocks? If this Egyptian bloke was really THAT hard, he'd go to Africa & stand his ground with a lion there. No cage. No weapons. My money's on the lion in that scenario, dunno about you.

And why not a grizzly bear if you wanna talk tough?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It'll be some toothless old lion that's just been fed.

How about he takes on a hungry 4 year old Tiger.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
I hope the lion doesn't die, but let's face it. Either he'll kill it or he'll die and the lion will be put down.

Yup, it's a sad truth. Lets hope it rips his fucking head off for a minor substitute of blood for its death.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Agreed. And whats with all the training with the lion bollocks? If this Egyptian bloke was really THAT hard, he'd go to Africa & stand his ground with a lion there. No cage. No weapons. My money's on the lion in that scenario, dunno about you.

And why not a grizzly bear if you wanna talk tough?

2 words, honey badger.

They'd fuck a lion sideways & eat it's bollocks while yawning and wondering what it would be like to do something a bit difficult. They are to nature what Jeremy Clarkson's gob is to television.

Also, I don't know what this sodding bloke is making such a big song and dance about tbh, Maasai warriors have been killing lions for years and you don't see them getting all up in your face about it.

Everz

FH is my second home
Ohh an animal is going to die, time to jump on the bandwagon and wish this <insert random insult> of a person gets slaughtered because we are so cool.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
sure you dont want to rephrase that?

Reminds me of the american "where is iran" street quizzes :D

Ohh an animal is going to die, time to jump on the bandwagon and wish this <insert random insult> of a person gets slaughtered because we are so cool.

It's jsut boring because i thought the guy had balls of steel to fight a lion, but since it's a shield+dagger thing, meh, useless.

Also would be more interesting to see him fight a wild one, not a fed and pampered one(although the guy seems to underestimate even the lazy kitties).

And yes, i'll be rooting for the lion since it's the only one forced to do this.

Debaser

One of Freddy's beloved
I reckon I could fight a Lion, I'd plug it with a Uzi while strafe-jumping.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I can beat that I reckon with this rather amusing old story.

42 cambodian midgets fight tiger to the death

Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated fight, which took place in the city of Kâmpóng Chhnãng.

The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni, President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his entire league of 42 fighters.

Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."

This campaign is believed to be what sparked the undisclosed fan to challenge the entire league to fight a lion; a challenge that Sihamoni readily accepted.

An African Lion (Panthera Leo) was shipped to centrally located Kâmpóng Chhnãng especially for the event, which took place last Saturday, April 30, 2005 in the city’s coliseum.

The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.

The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back.

Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they “… could out-wit and out-muscle [it].”

Ofcourse its fake lol, but at the time no one knew it was fake and it was piss funny :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom