EF2 Physics & Weapons

F

FragFodder

Is it just me or does the whole game feel like you're floating? :p

I know they've got a patch in the works but does anyone know if they've got any plans to "tighten" up the movement a bit and sort out the weapons a bit more?

I mean, look at that Quantum Launcher thing. At least in EF1 when you fired the photon you knew you where carrying a big fucking gun LOL.

The game feels like a turd in your underwear when you where 3 years old. Sloppy and unnatural :cool:

Hehe, I know I've just offended the majority of the peeps in this forum but cmon people, you must have at least had these thoughts yourself (being EF1 players and all)

FF

G

greendemon

Yep ur right m8.

If you look on Ritual's forums http://www.ritualistic.com//forums/ubbthreads.php?Cat=

Everyone is moaning about it. It looks like there is a lot of stuff they're gonna need to do in the upcoming patch. At the rate it's going, it's practically gonna be a re-write!

Yes it's buggy, it's slow, it's floaty, the ctf scoring is silly, there's no linux server yet... the list goes on.

I'm clinging on to some hope that it will one day be as good as, hopefully better than EF1.

Saying that, I'm playing EF2 daily, I do think it's got the makings of a great game, but nevertheless it was rushed in development, not thought about from the MP perspective and has a long way to go.

Has anyone seen all the config files left over from various test players that are sitting in the installation foder?!!! If that's not an example of how it was rushed out, I dunno what is!

F

FragFodder

LOL u noticed the cfg files two.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a good read tonight.

M

mr.Blacky

Yeah but if you post there be carefull, caus some people apperently love the game.

M

mr.Blacky

hehe wanted to put you really down m8 :p but then I thought nah supose some geezer believed me. :D

F

FragFodder

LMFAO

Looks like you've gained yourself a few stalkers Bondie m8 :p

FF

B

Bondie

0_o i like to call it 'The Bond Fan club' :clap:

though if it is stalkers......... :help:

V

vert1go

The default game movement is atrocious, and only improves marginally with strafe jumping enabled etc. I feel like a sitting duck against the majority of weapons, what with most of them being hitscan weapons. The movement would be great in my opinion, if it were identicle to quake3's movement.

I've also got gripes with the weapons, not so much the way they fire or damage etc. but when I am being fired against, short of looking at my health it doesn't 'feel' like I'm being hit, until I suddenly die hehe. In most other games you can always instantly be aware of the damage you are taking, and also how extensive that damage is, through screen shakes, colour flashes etc.

A lot needs patching in my opinion to improve the game, as it certainly seems to have great potential, but some of the errors are unforgivable: Suiciding in TDM doesn't effect your team's score? Can we say exploit? lol.

F

FragFodder

I know what you mean. And most people will probably agree. There was something with EF1 where you as the player felt "connected" with the character in game.

When he took damage you didn't know quite how much but you definatly had a rough estimate in your mind that's usually fairly accurate (Experiance? Maybe). And dont get me started on the weapons, it was a similar score to the health, you simply had an idea how much ammo you where carrying.

Now look at EF2. I'll be honest, I aint got a fecking clue. The game doesn't feel right. The weapons dont behave, and as I've said above... The weapons dont feel like they have individual characteristics other than their different shot types. Look at EF1 with the comp rifle, you didn't need to be hit by it to guess that it would fecking hurt. Similar story with the Photon. The first time I was killed by that quantum thing I though "Ph00l I've got shields, whats that flying frog spit gonna do to me" whilst it was flying at me

FF

B

Bondie

0_o i dont know about dying on ef1 or ef2 CUS I DONT DIE :D

F

FragFodder

Heheh

<---- Check the name m8

My excuse is simple. I'm a runner who usually has to get past 3 defends on the way in and 5 people who are looking for me on the way out.... It comes with the teratory :p :cool:

FF

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom