ef v jk2

O

old.robertjackson1

I've been playing JK2 pretty solidly for the last 2 weeks, & it definitely does not have the instant playability of EF. However because the learning curve is so steep( it takes a long time to get any real progress with the sabre, when you do though the rewards are huge.)I think this game will not appeal to a lot of people because of this. Any of you who have brought it I would say give it a good run, as for the 1st 50hrs or so, the sabre seems to be a wave it around & hope affair, but after that things improve dramatically. What gets me, is all the people who moan about guns. Some of them are excellent - the flechette is a good rival to the photon. To be very good you have to use all weapons no question. Even so though, the game comes nowhere near EF for instant gaming pleasure

W

wadada

your damn right !

Yes JK 2 is nice but EF rules them all !

wadada

S

sTiFFoLdMaN

no competition, EF rulezzzz

:upyours: JK

muahahaha

M

mr.Blacky

I own j00 all hehe rofl cough cough arghhhh

O

old.crashpaddy

yeah thats my point as well,although i like the way that in JKII theres no weapon that has the same destruction value as the photon,at least you have a chance of getting away from thier base without being blasted with one shot.

i will go with the statement EF rules JK no doubt :)

D

Disco PhoolCat

But they're such different games! They may be based on the same engine, but they play, look, sound, smell & feel so different!

It can be confusing sometimes, looking to Photon Jump in the Massassii Temple and wondering where my Force Jump & lightsabre's gone in Geothermal... duh!

Anyway, I'd vote on them being even, JK2 has shiny pointy stick, EF has Computer Voice/Nurse Chapel/Majel Barrett who 0wNz Queen Armadillo - at least vocally - anyday!

O

old.Napalm

JK2 does have a few good points but i'm really disappointed with it. EF got your attention from day 1 and many of us are still playing it today.

I just think they tried to be a bit flash here and ignored a few things that made EF great.

I'm sure in time it does get better, but by that time many people will have moved on to the next big thing.

O

old.Krak3n1

JKII is one of tho's games that has a long learning curv. EF was so easy to get into and play, as nap says, from day 1. But JKII has so many more aspects to deal with and learn. Sabers, Force and the guns, and then u have to be able to concentrate on all of thos things at once.
JKII is a very large and dynamic game that i think is quite origional and i'm sorry to say rulzzzzz EF anyday :p.
Ef's the same game over and over and u guys have to admit it gets a bit boring after a while. ALso JKII's modified Q3 TA engine rulz EF's.

so...JKII rulzzzzzzzzzz EF :p wthout a shadow of a dout :D

Krak3n

(havn't played EF once since getting JKII :D )

O

old.crashpaddy

yeah o.k. i can agree on the learning curve thing,i picked most of it up straight away which i was happy with.but the big problem i have ATM with JKII is the maps.on the CTF servers i have been on the rotation is only 4 maps yavin,nsstreets,bespin and that detention centre one(?) and that gets very repetative very quickly.
o.k. i know it's a new game but at least EF had more than 4 maps when it came out.i enjoy most maps on EF and still do (apart from space and kln_2) but already im bored of bespin,yawning at yavin,nodding off at ns_streets and dropping dead for detention :) o.k. theres still plenty of time for new maps to be made but should i get so quickly tired of a games map rotation? you start playing bespin (for example) and if you're on or against a strong team the maps are done in 5-10 minutes so your finding yourself playing the same map again 20-40 minutes later :sleeping:

either i'm going to servers without the full compliment of CTF maps or activision (etc) couldn't be bothered with making enough of them.

O

old.MAS|Bull33tPr00

/me goes to tatoo dude and gets an EF RULEZ FOREVERZ tatoo on his ass...

G

greendemon

All these points are valid IMO.
The very first comment was spot on I think. To appreciate the game, it needs a fair go.
A lot of my members have dismissed it after only 3/4 days of playing it.
Given time, I think the game could turn out to be a firm favourite for many Ex-EF'ers. Those that are determined, will reap the rewards.

We also adopted RTCW in our Clan. A game which has no Sci-Fi aspect to it at all. After about 3 months work at it, it is now a firm favourite. TBH, RTCW has a much steeper learning curve that JK2.

If MCP can become successful in a game like RTCW, then I'm sure the clans that used to kick our arse in EF can get to grips with JK2!

I'll take this opportuninty to advertise that MCP are still recruiting for JK2! There are a small handfull of us that are putting the effort in to master this game. If anyone's interested, please contact me.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

=M<P=GreenDemon
greendemon@clan-mcp.co.uk
http://www.clan-mcp.co.uk

O

old.kirkslovechild

only 4 ctf!

isnt it amazing they only included 4 CTF maps with the game.,
i noticed that too crash the handheld weapons have no where
near the power of the photon.
the Dark jedi powers are good,i love that grip :D
Kirklovechild.
& Charred Aunt Beru in JEDI

D

Disco PhoolCat

Yep, & the 4 they have feel pretty lame pretty quick, perhaps they want to encorage the mapping community? ;)

LOL yet again, your nicks tickle!:D still liked Legs the best, tho Charred comes a close second...

O

old.balgorg

Just had to reply to this one ;-)

I have to admit that I like JK2, I like it allot.
However I dont think that the multiplayer aspect is very good.
What stands out most is the lack of weapons and ammo. As soon as you grab the Rocket Launcher, you are out of ammo ;-(
The sniper scope is soooooo sloooow.
In EF the Photon cannon is formidable, and the Phaser Rifle quick and easy to use.
Lighsabres suck ! yes they are pretty to look at, but hopeless to use. I find its more of a case of flailing around Daikatana sword style......
If yer interested I done a review here.... www.clan-mcp.co.uk

I must say one other thing... Forget EF, Forget JK2.......Play SoF2
I just been playing the Multiplayer SoF2 test, and its the best FPS experience I have had since Quake 3.

=M<P=Balg()rG :upyours:

O

old.kirkslovechild

:)

ah for you disco what the heck
legs is wide open again! :Oo
omg so much filth at such an early hour :p

D

Disco PhoolCat

WayHay!:twak::whip:
Better hope Disco Dormouse doesn't get to read this!

O

old.Dreadnought

i think JK2 is quite good...

i like the forces like grip, push etc...they r very useful :D

i also love the moves u can do, like walking on walls and stuff and killing people by kicking them, that rules....

but some of the weapons are crap, and the gameplay isnt as good as EF... but its still a decent game!

it aint got newt on EF though :p

D

Disco PhoolCat

Wish I could walk on walls...:(

/edit And b4 u say it, yes, I have full force power, & I know the right sequence of keys, it's just that my k/b doesn't seem to want to let me press 3 keys at once! (except for ctrl+alt+del...)

O

old.Dreadnought

go at side of a wall....

run forward then hold ure run forward + sidestep key and jump at the same time! then u will walk on walls ;)

D

Disco PhoolCat

Like I said, I know HOW to walk on walls, I just CAN'T! My machine WON'T for some reason.

O

old.balgorg

Another sad email, about something completely different to the original thread....................

D

Disco PhoolCat

Originally posted by balgorg
Another sad email, about something completely different to the original thread....................

...what do you reckon to Doom 3 then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom