EF Map Cheats/Glitches??

R

[RG]DoctorWho?

Okay, now I know that the issue of cheats in EF may be a sore point for most of you, cause I did a search on the ST:EV forum and found a post where Widdy and Nullifier went in all guns blazing at each other over something called the EFPA. A most entertaining read for someone that has come along after the event!!

Anyway, the reason that I did this search was cause I was looking for details about a Spyglass map flaw, which is cited on the BWEFL rules page.

I already know about skywalking the invisible walkway on voy_2 and how to hide behind the transporters on Faceoff. But what is this ledge cheat in Spyglass you're on about?

I dunno about the other BWEFL admins, but if there are lots of map flaws out there that can be used to gain an unfair advantage i'd like to know what they are, so that I can spot them when they're being used.

Any help would be muchos appreciados!!!

:D

O

^OnyX^

When u stand on the flag platform (on Spy), U can photonjump on the big ledge. (above & to the side)
This is not allowed in league-games.

R

[RG]DoctorWho?

Cheers for that Onyx!! Know any others?

O

old.Rabbit

Or the roof for that manner. (geo)

Rabbit

W

widdy

ful list is............

ledge above flag on spyglass
roof and rocks on geothermal
invisible walkway on voy_2
behind transporter block and roof on faceoff

I actually had a little problem in the ONE v MCP game where ONE were doing the hops on the centre part of the left and right walls.Some of the MCP guys deemed this as a cheat but it isn't.It's totally different than using the top because you walk on an invisible walk way,meanwhile in the centre you have to build up speed and time your jumps.Therefore this will not be against the rules.

Sorry I didn't mail out the map flaws to everyone doc but I just presumed that everyone knew about them.

R

[RG]DoctorWho?

Sorry Widdy - to clarify - these wall jumps u are referring to; is that when you use your momentum to jump over the dividing wall using the wall supports on Voy2 without using the photon jump?

R

[RG]DoctorWho?

So what about the teleport glitch on Voy2?

;)

S

sTiFFoLdMaN

I find it humourous that some ppl take offence to some of these glitches being used, when they do not take offence to the FPS limit cheat being used, so as to jump out of trenches and over lowish walls..... when others cannot ???? Is this not worse than the glitches ?

O

^OnyX^

Don't agree there Stiff ..... those 'glitches' are actually bugs in certain maps. The map creator never ment for those positions to be used.
As for the walljumping & also the trenchjumping ...... those are possible, even without capping the FPS.

I am curious however, what a teleport glitch is.
Plz clarify [RG]DoctorWho? ..... :)

W

widdy

Does he mean standing on top of the transporters?

G

greendemon

Originally posted by sTiFFoLdMaN
I find it humourous that some ppl take offence to some of these glitches being used, when they do not take offence to the FPS limit cheat being used, so as to jump out of trenches and over lowish walls..... when others cannot ???? Is this not worse than the glitches ?

A very good point though!
A lot of people know that if you cap your fps to 55 you can jump out of trenches etc - but, was the game designed to do this out of the box? No!

So we all overlook the fact that this is obviously a cheat.
Perhaps what should happen is that players must set their fps to 55 as part of the league rules? Or not allow fps capping? lol

I don't know the answer, but it is an interesting point!

It would be very interesting to play a match against a top clan, with the settings out of the box. No photon binds, no fps capping, no screen tweaks and so on. I would like to see if they can still kick arse if the odds are more even and they can't catapult themselves around the maps!

S

sTiFFoLdMaN

Originally posted by ^OnyX^
The map creator never ment for those positions to be used.

good point m8 and I agree with ya 100%, but it just confuses me how one thing is considered a cheat and another, which is to be honest more difficult to implement, not considered a cheat ?

:rolleyes:

W

widdy

Yeah bit difficult that one GD as how would we find out what FPS they are running,or if they are using binds?
TBH I can't jump out of trenches everytime as my average FPS if 20-40 but i can still do it now and again without using a bind or capping my FPS,therefore if it's possible manually it can't really be classified it as a cheat.

Photon jumps are obviously done easily without a bind,I started off by doing all my photon jumps manually and still do 95% of the time (you don't see me flying round the map like someone filled with helium lol) but I will admit I do have a photon bind which I use if I'm in a sticky situation.TBH you wouldn't be able to differentiate between a bind and a manual most of the time (unless it's one of the high binds) so you couldn't really use a rule like that...........yet again how could you stop them?

Stiffy.Difference between the top and middle ledge on voy2 is that you can walk on thin air when you use the top of the map,center there is no invisible walkway and therfore if your timing is off your going to drop to the ground unlike at the top where that wouldn't happen.This is why I'm not classifying it as a cheat or map flaw.

O

^OnyX^

Originally posted by greendemon

It would be very interesting to play a match against a top clan, with the settings out of the box. No photon binds, no fps capping, no screen tweaks and so on. I would like to see if they can still kick arse if the odds are more even and they can't catapult themselves around the maps!

I disagree there m8 ....... most 'top' players, don't even use a PhotonJump script. U can get much more out of a photonjump doing it manualy. A script will only get u hight, if u wanna go fast .... manual is better.

Still got my script installed tho ....... just in case. :D

R

[RG]DoctorWho?

I have heard tale of a map glitch which allows you to teleport straight into the enemy base on voy2.....probably an urban legend though!!!

Altering the game config from the out-of-the-box state isn't really cheating though is it? It's more like training yourself to be an ultra-competitive athlete......I mean you or I woudn't stand a chance against a professional 100m runner, but I have no right to complain much if we get beaten by someone with the correct preparation. The answer is to not compete against him in the first place!!

Perhaps you'd be right to call it an unfair competition, but calling this cheating? I think that you're arguing a moot point.

:m00:

T

topic

Why not use the pro-maps? In those, all the glitches and cheats of a map are gone, using the clip texture. No more spyglass ledge, no walking over the invisble wall of voy2, no more walking on the rocks or the roof in geo, it's all taken care of.

W

widdy

lol tried it,remove the old glitches and add new ones like healthpads not working and making it easier for clans on and1 with that stupid little ledge by the photon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom