eeek fur in my ps3!!!

Yaka

Part of the furniture
my ps3 phat owned since 2007 has been running every day either playing games or watching films. never had problem till recently games some times would freeze and fan would spin slightly louder. blasting the vents with a can of compressed air helped for a while. today having opened the bugger up the fan was proper clogged with dust so much that it resembled a large chunk of wool.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Ooh, best look in mine, my BD's stick sometimes

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I had to clean out a PC for work yesterday.
I swear the ball of accumulated fluff and dust snarled at me. :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
shame i didnt take a pic, i was dreading it maye have been heading YLOD way but right now can not hear it all and no frezzes while playing vanqish. wish theyd had made both the 360's and the ps3's fans removable for cleaning

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hmm... mine does not get heavy use, but it's probably collected a hell of a lot of dust over the years. Might be worth a look.

Is it easy to open up?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
yup just obey the wise olden llamma seeing how much dust it has collected im gonna water cool it. fans on a externally mounted rad will be much easier to keep clean

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Try cleaning out an old 386 PC that had been running at a sub post office for well over a decade, you wouldn't believe there was that much crap in the air for an entire country nevermind a small post office. :p

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I opened up my laptop to clean the fans for the first time in about 2 years. I'm now able to run some decent games again ;)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Try cleaning out an old 386 PC that had been running at a sub post office for well over a decade, you wouldn't believe there was that much crap in the air for an entire country nevermind a small post office. :p

lol some still have the 386s? we have shitty celeron still running win nt from 96 or some thing. its the paper dust from the printers that are the culprits have not heard the fan spinning for years preety sure they are stuck on all 3 systems

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
lol some still have the 386s? we have shitty celeron still running win nt from 96 or some thing. its the paper dust from the printers that are the culprits have not heard the fan spinning for years preety sure they are stuck on all 3 systems

Many did until 2003 or so, then Post Office Counters Limited forced changes through and almost all the old hardware went. Before that I attended many small post offices to clean 286's and 386's that were pushing 15 years old with 15 years of accumlated crap inside them. Was not a nice job, especially when they were rushing to add Y2K compliance to the systems with bios hacks and software patches so you had to do all the software stuff and then perform a general maintenance on them, it was the first time the feking things had been opened since the day they were installed in the late 1980's or very early 1990's. :D Alot of post offices are still using last 1990's machines though, most of them on Win2k SP4 iirc but they have proven so stable that many postmasters don't want to swap them out for something less reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom