Holiday Edinburgh!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So - I've decided to have a pop at this with the missus next weekend.

Anyone know of anywhere good yet cheap to stay in skirtland's capital? Or maybe not even that cheap - I don't mind paying a bit if it isn't just your standard hotel but a bit "posher".

I've never been - so we'll rock up knackered on the Sunday night after a couple of hundred miles (or thereabouts - we may do the coastal route) of big-tyred slog and want something to eat and drink which is excellent but won't require me to wear anything other than skanky smelly been cycling for 3 days clothes.

Then we'll piss about Sunday until train o-clock.

Things to do? Things I must see? Things I should definitely avoid? :)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
So - I've decided to have a pop at this with the missus next weekend.

Anyone know of anywhere good yet cheap to stay in skirtland's capital? Or maybe not even that cheap - I don't mind paying a bit if it isn't just your standard hotel but a bit "posher".

I've never been - so we'll rock up knackered on the Sunday night after a couple of hundred miles (or thereabouts - we may do the coastal route) of big-tyred slog and want something to eat and drink which is excellent but won't require me to wear anything other than skanky smelly been cycling for 3 days clothes.

Then we'll piss about Sunday until train o-clock.

Things to do? Things I must see? Things I should definitely avoid? :)
I recently stayed at the Double Tree by Hilton on Bread Street in Edinburgh, very nice hotel and reasonably priced. You also get an unreal cookie when checking in.

It's also very close to the Hanging Bat pub which seemed to have an endless supply of ridiculously nice beers/ales etc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fucking loony, IMO ;)
Need to get in shape for our trip to France later this year. We're gonna be MTBing round Courchevel and will need the legs (even if we'll be cheating on a lot of the hills - they turn the ski lifts back on in July so we can get to the top of loads of runs without bursting blood vessels in our lungs).

Plus, we've been going out for, like, 12 years or something stupid so I want to do something interesting.

I suppose the fact that I'll be knackered and her arse will be too sore for any bum fun to occur should make me think twice but maybe I can convince her that a late night trip to the Burke & Hare would be a good idea ;)

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I don't know Edinburgh at all but I was in Innerleithen a couple of weeks ago for the Mighty Deerstalker. The countryside around there was fantastic.

I live in Newcastle so if you need recommendations for anywhere here I might be able to help.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i once ended up in Edinburgh after my friend who was driving took a wrong turn so instead of going Manchester -> Glasgow we ended up in Newcastle -> Edinburgh

his excuse was "what?! the sign said 'The North' we are going north arent we?!"

Was a great trip though :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I live in Newcastle so if you need recommendations for anywhere here I might be able to help.

Ta, but the only thing I'll see of Newcastle is the way out on NCN 1 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom