TV Eddie Iz Running

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've just finished watching this on iPlayer - it's not Eddie Izzard comedy (although he does make some funny remarks) but it IS a truly inspirational display of a man challenging himself in an extreme way to raise money for causes he believes in.

Absolutely awesome guy :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
I met Billy Connolly about 10 years ago. Very charming man indeed.

As for Eddie, all due respect for what he did. I watched this as it appeared on the iPlayer, 'twas very good.

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
I've just finished watching this on iPlayer - it's not Eddie Izzard comedy (although he does make some funny remarks) but it IS a truly inspirational display of a man challenging himself in an extreme way to raise money for causes he believes in.

Absolutely awesome guy :worthy::worthy::worthy:

I watched this when it was on BBC 3. He is clearly loopy to put himself through that amount of pain, but it was very awe inspiring to watch and made me send some cash to sport relief each time it was on.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
cannot for the life of me work out how he made it. the guy is a legend!

maybes if he encased his bad ankle in concrete.. then put a kinda hovercraft device on it....

Kryten

Old Cow.
Even now apparently he still has to use cold compresses and do all the warmups to keep his legs from buggering up. Impressive stamina on that bloke - that was a hell of a length to go to for any cause, personal or otherwise, but doing it for charity like that can only make you doff one's cap in his general direction in respect.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Idle speculation here:

I think that Mr Izzard was capable of doing this because his mind is a little broken. (In a good way)

IMHO the majority of the best stand-ups have had some sort of troubled life - their reality is different enough from the "average" bloke's that they naturally see things from a slightly different perspective. Eddie's obviously picked up an extraordinary amount of determination from somewhere on his journey. However, for him to stand up on stage and hold an audience the way he does shows he's had it for years.

I think it's a amazing example of what you can do if you have a mind that doesn't give up! :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I watched this when it was on BBC 3. He is clearly loopy to put himself through that amount of pain, but it was very awe inspiring to watch and made me send some cash to sport relief each time it was on.
Same, watching it made me donate. The rest of Sport Relief was all very *meh* especially that fat wanker from Gavin and Stacey.

russell

FH is my second home
I thought he was incredible and really recommend you watch it, if you you can.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I think that Mr Izzard was capable of doing this because his mind is a little broken. (In a good way)

Anyone who can make a joke out of les singe et dans larbre and the deathstar canteen must be a little bit odd in the mind ;).

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
It was an incredible achievement.

It did seem that he just kept pushing himself. I like the way his advisors kept telling him to walk a few marathons and he just ploughed on.

respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom