Economics, history and War

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Social unrest, terrorism, perhaps just the tip of the iceberg given the depressions of the last century. Do we actually learn from those given the mire of the financial crises that we are going through. Soon those bastards in the markets are gonna realise they have bled us dry and then global war will perhaps ensue? It's worth thinking about, yet the possibility is frightening.

Think about it from an aggressors point of view and how it would affect us. The great depression was an indicator of war. WWI caused a great depression. I know these are obvious indicators. But think about it, so many backs against the wall. Someone, somewhere perhaps will cause big shit globally? /discuss

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
its almost as if a group of people with hidden agendas have propigated a self fulfilling prophecy in order to make themselves more powerful isnt it?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
its almost as if a group of people with hidden agendas have propigated a self fulfilling prophecy in order to make themselves more powerful isnt it?

If that is the case what is that agenda? Why should most of the world's population suffer for it? What ever it is, none of it makes any sense save for greed. Fuck the war on terrorism, war on greed should be the next war. But that's not gonna happen. Those fuckers on Wall street for example are gonna make money on that next war and I am not so sure that those assholes in wall street for example don't want it. There's almost nothing left. So what makes money? War ><

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Anyone who hasn't realised that the world population and it's suffering means f*ck all to the ones with power, is either a delutional hippie, or in need of a reality check big black momma style :p

About a world conflict? Well, war never changes as our favorite bike riding hellbeast has been saying for over a decade.

Helme

Resident Freddy
It's usually the "delusional hippies" that are most aware of how truly fucked we are :p

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
All this talk of share collapses, what did we do before shares.
There was an economy before the dreaded 'speculation' era, it seems to be the ruin of us, shares didn't even start off as a way to make money, the idea was to make it on the dividend, then the gamblers took over and started betting on the share price and the rest is history.
It's the biggest pyramid scheme ever and all we can do is push growth to keep it going, like a gambler doubling his bet each time on red/black.
We will rape the planet till nothing is left and them start on the Moon, Mars next.
I think a virtual world is the only way forward, endless growth in there, just add another hard disk.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
All this talk of share collapses, what did we do before shares.
There was an economy before the dreaded 'speculation' era, it seems to be the ruin of us, shares didn't even start off as a way to make money, the idea was to make it on the dividend, then the gamblers took over and started betting on the share price and the rest is history.
It's the biggest pyramid scheme ever and all we can do is push growth to keep it going, like a gambler doubling his bet each time on red/black.
We will rape the planet till nothing is left and them start on the Moon, Mars next.
I think a virtual world is the only way forward, endless growth in there, just add another hard disk.

Now that is even more apocalyptic than what saw Oo! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom