**** Ebuyer warning ****

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Read this:

Over the last two weeks the level of service and wrong items shipped has been very poor. As of this week they have removed their telephone number and you cannot speak to anyone. 0870 467 0753. I'm owed money back for faulty goods and you just do not get a response.
Even their Enotes on their website don't get answered.

Trading Standards in Sheffield are very aware of Ebuyer as are the OFT.

Quoted from a collegue of mine who was kind enough to warn an industry group I'm a member of. Think twice before using them until this gets cleared up.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
They made the announcement about removing the support line on their website a while ago, it's not like it's been hidden, there's a big link to it on every page you visit. It also wasn't as of this week (assuming this is from a recent communication), it's been like that since the 8th October. Anyone who has tried using the support line in the past will know it's never been of any use anyway, there might as well have been a recorded message telling you you had to do it all via the website :)

Stuff I've ordered in the meantime has been fine and I've never had a problem with enotes.

My tuppenceworth.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
have to be honest, Ive never had a problem with Ebuyer.......ever, that includes the last couple of weeks.

I had to return a couple of items (DOA), which have been exchanged with no problem.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hey, don't shoot the messenger :)

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
I had a couple of wrong items and a non-posting gfx card from them recently, the wrong items went back and the right ones were sent out, I even got a more expensive dvd writer out of it because the one they originally sent was out of stock. The phone service was still in operation at the time and the lady I spoke to said they were having a 'bit of a problem' with incorrect orders but were prioritsing those over faulty stuff.The Graphics card I RMA'ed through the manufacturer, XFX, and had no problems with that either, well I don't think I have I don't know if the wife has had it delivered yet.

Later

spent over £5000 with these guys this year alone.. everything arrived mint condition.. packaged well.. as described basically... the support line was an issue that was raised a long time ago, it was well publicised.. perhaps your friend just didnt see the notices.. i heard the support line was removed partly to save on cost overheads.. and until they can sort a more cost effective way of dealing with customers.. im assuming it will be email support from now on.. but still i wouldnt hesitate to recommend Ebuyer to any of my friends, had nothing but A1 service..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom