Ebay for DAoC ?

W

-Wedge-

Me and my crazy brain... To buff up my ASP.NET skills (if you dont know what it means, dont ask :p ) , I'm thinking about a project I can make... Now I've seen a lot of item trading / item sales threads... And was wondering...

How about making an Ebay alike site where you can put up items for sale for game money (this is not against CoC, I checked :p only sales for real cash is against CoC)... Just like Ebay, you could setup a reserve amount, increment amount, etc... So people could bit for items that you have found and want to sell (because you cant use it ;) are short on cash in-game, or whatever )...

Well let me know if its worth making such a site... Could be funny to make, but its a bit of work, so people should use it after that too ;) (if your against a site like that, tell that too)

(p.s. I think there no site like this yet, if there is, hey let me know too :p)

F

Flimgoblin

eww asp.net you poor man..

Hurry up activestate - get Perl.net out there :)

A

Alrindel

I'm sure I have heard of something like this before, I'll try to find the URL.

O

old.job

Haven't future patches got a system like this, you can advertise your wares in game.

S

Seyrcim

Think someone set up a freeware auction site thing and modified it a bit to fit DAoC. There was a thread about it a while back.

O

old.tRoG

that place never really kicked off, did it?

W

-Wedge-

Nopes it didnt, I just checked, they have a grand total of 2 items in their database :p

No advertising does that... I didnt even know it existed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom