earth wizards

C

Coim-

anyone know if these are any good? not sure what to make my wiz when he hits 50, obviously im respeccing ice at 40, but if i level fast enough i should have the single respec from the next patch, so hopefully i'll have the choice, earth, fire or ice

W

whuzzy

I have never had a highlevel Earth wizard myself, but i have had the chance to play one on a German server for a few hours, from all the wizzie types it's this that i like the most and it is also very useful imo for RvR (Although i'm bout the only one in alb who thinks like that i think) the earth wizards spec includes the Damage shield that usually was not on the earth line (nice); AOE Root (quite useful imo), DoT (Pwn3d), and not to forget the GTAOE what is also very useful for Keep defence / Keep taking, i know that the earth wizzies damage output is smaller then a fire wiz ones, but he does have some nice stuff in his spec 8O)

Whuzz (Not a wizard)

M

Merl

I was a lvl 50 earth wizy for a long while but respecced to ice.

Reason being that one on one earth line lacks in single target dmg, mainly because it has no spec DD. Allthough if u can live with that it does have some really nice spells. The earth bolt is allmost as good as spec fire bolt, the dot is nice but alone it will not kill anyone, AOE root is always handy as is the AOE snare nuke, which i used to take great pleasure in casting ;) and then there is the good old GTAOE, the spell i always find myself wishing i still had at a keep raid :(

In all it is a nice line but did not fit my taste due to the low single dmg. But in alot of cases offers alot more than the other lines.

It really is up to u what u choose and maybe with mythics upcoming Resist system change nuking with a base line DD wont be so bad.

A

acei

I've never played a earth wiz but i do know all their spell list, they sound VERY good for keep takes and possibly keep defense. But ice wizzies if they have MoC can kill ALOT of people quick especially if grouped with other ice wizzies, also ice wizzies can defend a lord room great just like chanters do.

Upto you really, GTAOE or PBAOE?

M

Madonion Slicer

I currently have a lvl42 Earth Wizard (originally Fire til lvl35) and while the spec is very useful with many good spells.

Only problem is at lvl42 i find you are less wanted in a group than a Infiltrator and Scout, groups pass me by over and over again.

Hence why i will be respecing to Ice as for lvling you have no choice now.

H

hercules-df

i was a full earth wiz for ages, its very versatile, can control a lot of mobs at once, nice fast cast on the aoe root is quite handy for annoying mids in rvr, no dd is a pig, bolt is uber, gtaoe dont do much dmg but is great fun hitting 40 ppl inside a keep at once:) the only problem is you get ZERO protection due to most albs rp whorage :) there will be 10+ tanks watch all the pets come steaming thru the keep walls after you gtaoe them to kill you. pbaoe on door is even more fun that gtaoe tho, sometimes less dangerous if working with other aoe ppl to interupt enemy pbaoers, gtaoe is safer from inside a keep since u can cast it from almost under the first steps, and guards will at least attack the pets that come for you while your alb tank buddies run around on the battlements being aoe targets.

I went ice in the end, far less hassle, limited to only a few worthwhile spells and no range but the dd makes u less useless in open battles.

would love to go back to earth if they added a dd / change the aoe root to aoe mezz, and upped the dmg gtaoe did a few notches :)

Users who are viewing this thread