early SC thoughts

S

speshneeds

well i am about to hit 500 and it aint as bad as i thought, costs rising steeply as the lvls go up but gettin some nice stuffs already and realising the uberness this is gonna create... drops aint dead but alot will be.. as i type this csomeone in jord trying to sell a GA sword for 300g... 91% item that can be way beaten for that cash by a crap qual crafted and a lowbie sc'er

took about 12 hours and about 500g to get to 500, lower lvls (1-300) cost nothing, i mean less than 50g which is kinda nice..

Another thing i see from this is some uber BG twinks out there, thid is gonna be an odd place :)

sorry for rambling, not slept yet :)

G

Gef

But really, for a lvl 50 .. would you throw your epic armor in the bank and use SC stuff?

Other than that what do you have, weapons, wouldnt mind getting my 16.5 99% qual guarded rapier twinked with some +stats .. but you still cant add a glow to it which sucks. TBH the damage isnt much better than my prince dropped 94% one.

True I only really use the prince one for the stats (which adds to the damage anyway) .. but it glows and its black ffs! Always an important factor ;)

When Jewelcraft comes in, then we will truly be able to uber twink to our hearts content.

Cloaks are the main thing, but I think they remove the ability to SC them in the next patch? Get your uber cloaks SC'd now!

B

Breni

Originally posted by Gef

Cloaks are the main thing, but I think they remove the ability to SC them in the next patch? Get your uber cloaks SC'd now!

As I understand it, GOA got this bug/feature pre-patched from Mythic so it's not available in our localised version of the game :(

E

erl

Originally posted by Gef
But really, for a lvl 50 .. would you throw your epic armor in the bank and use SC stuff?

Yes.

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Gef

Other than that what do you have, weapons, wouldnt mind getting my 16.5 99% qual guarded rapier twinked with some +stats .. but you still cant add a glow to it which sucks. TBH the damage isnt much better than my prince dropped 94% one.

True I only really use the prince one for the stats (which adds to the damage anyway) .. but it glows and its black ffs! Always an important factor ;)

When Jewelcraft comes in, then we will truly be able to uber twink to our hearts content.

Well, not at least all parts. Some parts in Epics might have very high value, counting the Imbue points used them they exceed the amount is possible to put into an item with SC.

My hero epic Average Imbue value is 32, 3 parts over 32, 3 parts less. Some of those have 21-22 imbue value. 99% L51 part has 28 and I can choose the stats I want, same bonus. Much better trade.

S

solothores

Just an example for crafted stuff for a skald:

armorsuits.jpg

O

old.Jable

after reading a spellcrafting guide, i was under the impression that putting a DD effect on armor wouldnt work, as the DD is for hitting, not getting hit.

the health regen would be fine but the dot and dds would not. can anyone clarify?

A

Arlone

Originally posted by old.Jable
after reading a spellcrafting guide, i was under the impression that putting a DD effect on armor wouldnt work, as the DD is for hitting, not getting hit.

the health regen would be fine but the dot and dds would not. can anyone clarify?

you got reactive effects (these procc when people hit YOUR spellcrafted item) and then you have the normal effects (that will only procc when you hit someone with your spellcrafted item).

I'm quite sure DD's exist both as reactive effect and normal effect .. but any SC-page should give you more details on this.

S

speshneeds

price is rising steeply now, over 500 is a BIG jump from 400's :\

reckon a 2plat bill for 600SC

O

old.LandShark

The only reason to use your epic over full SC'd suit and weapons:
a) you are too lazy to farm cash. Prepare to be beaten until you get un-lazy ;)
b) your epic + other items already give you everything you could possibly want. Don't think this is even possible for anyone, regardless of realm.
c) You would rather look leet than be leet.

Originally posted by Gef
but you still cant add a glow to it which sucks.

Please refer to point a) and bend over. My jambiya wants to meet your appendix

O

old.Zeikerd

I'm keeping my robe because i find it's pretty, so I'm desiging my SC suit around the robe, but i'll make a spare one with better stats though :)

A

Archeon

Originally posted by old.LandShark
c) You would rather look leet than be leet.

Why do you think i don't wear a cloak, i stil kick ass though :D

J

Jiggs

its the player not the fact he has +3polearm or 6%body more.....

if you were hopeless before having 50 hp more aint gonna make much diff.

C

cadiva

Hummm

The only reason to use your epic over full SC'd suit and weapons: c) You would rather look leet than be leet.

Never ever in any circumstances would I want to be leet if that equates to being a complete and utter tosser ;)

If I can get spellcrafted armour that's better for my style of play than my epic stuff, then yep SC-ed armour it would be and the epic gear would be gathering dust in the vault.

As I've got a few levels to go yet before the above mentioned situation arises let's hope I've got enough cash by then for a suit of AF102 crafted and spelled armour :p

A

Arnor

How much you get for salvaging zerker epic minus the legs?

If not too much ill give it away to someone

BG-twink from hell ;)

S

SilverHood

atleats thane's have it easy with their hauberk

we get SC, and we get to look better :D

M

Murcalumis

The only reason to use your epic over full SC'd suit and weapons:
a) you are too lazy to farm cash. Prepare to be beaten until you get un-lazy ;)

Or, because you can't be bothered with boring yourself half to death for a few weeks or however long it takes you to get that amount of money. I'd rather delete my account than farm cash for hours on end. And if I get beaten lots? Who cares? I'd rather play for what little fun remains than to be an uber-leet personey thingy.

B

bissa

nOOb

Im a little nOOb at this.. If you put a DD at a armor how does it work?? And also why do DD and other stuff on weapons got range and cast time when it only works like a proc?? I would be glad if someone could explain how all this is working to me..=)

M

Murcalumis

As far as I know, the DDs on armour works as a reactive proc. Just like a normal proc as in it fires instantly every so often, but rather than when you whack someone with it, when someone whacks that piece of armour. So if you have a reactive proc on your helm and someone hits it it might proc a DD on that person.

As for ranges and cast time and what not, unless I'm much mistaken all procs have these. So I'd just ignore it - unless I'm wrong of course.

O

old.Emma

just got 750 SC and the price is rising fast.. reckon ive spent close to 6p so far.. and its not getting any cheaper :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom