EA support in a nutshell...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So i bought the BOSS car pack for NFS underground about a year ago, it worked fine untill i got bored of the game and uninstalles it, i recently reinstalled it again and the cars isnt showing up in the ingame store any more, even tho i'm logged in to EAnation with the correct account.

I contacted EA support and this is what i got after the first guy couldn't help...

Hello Gamer,

Thank you for contacting EA Support regarding your Need for Speed: Undercover Downloadable Content Issue.

I can understand your frustration and apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you thus far. This case has been escalated to me and I will be happy to do everything in my power to resolve this issue for you.

Please attempt a clean boot mode below for your operating system and then if that fails to work, then update the ticket with a DXDIAG report.

XP: How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state

Vista/7: How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

In order to best troubleshoot your issue, I'm going to need additional system information. Please send me this information from a program called "DXDIAG".

To generate the DXDIAG report:
1. Go to Start -> Run. In Vista and 7 you can hit the Win Key and "R" at the same time.
2. In the box, type the following: dxdiag
3. Click "OK"
4. Click the "Save All Information" button on the first screen of the application.
5. Then on top of the "Save As" box that pops up, select Desktop (if it's not set to save there already), then click Save.

Then, to send us this file:
1. Log in to the EA Support Site (Http://support.ea.com) with the EA Account associated with the support ticket in question.
2. Click on the 'My Questions' link.
3. You should see a list of all recent support tickets.
4. Click on the support ticket linked to the information we requested.
5. Click on the 'Update Question' button.
6. A text field should appear, where you can enter notes and other information. Attach the file at the bottom of the ticket before submitting.
7. Click on the 'Submit' button to update your support request.

After we receive this file we can continue troubleshooting the issues at hand and hopefully come to a solution.

Should you require further assistance, you can update your ticket, add more information, screen shots, or other helpful documents, by logging into our support site at Support Home Page and clicking on the ‘My Questions’ link on the left-hand side of the page. Your reference number for this ticket is 110129-002623

Sincerely,

Now i may know pretty much fuck all about computers in general but i'm fairly confident the issue isn't on my end and a DXDIAG file wouldn't do anything useful....

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Really? You are shocked that a big company like EA uses scripted support?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
an answer like this may simply be to keep you busy while they look into it, that way when you reply they can be "oh i see what the problem is! *PING* SOLVED, arent i awesome?" :)

i used to do that when i was in tech support, the ol' turn it of, unplug it and wait for half an hour and call back if it doesnt work, it did sometimes work, but if it did not i usually had the real answer ready when they called back ;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I always find that the internets solve problems like that much faster than any company.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Really? You are shocked that a big company like EA uses scripted support?

No, scripted support is expected. But i'd like them to be at least somewhat accurate. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom